Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 62
  1. #16

    Re: Trade for Kirk cousins



    Do you think kirk cousins gonna last in arc north? Very doubtful. Face it people Flacco staying in Baltimore whether we like it or.not.




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,121
    Blog Entries
    4
    How can anyone make a case for paying joe a lot?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trade for Kirk cousins

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Barkely could be in trading range if the Ravens are interested. They're not doing that and extending Flacco. It's possible, though unlikely, they would draft Barkley and franchise Flacco for the season. That would give them some real options for 2014
    Barkley is Leinart all over again IMO.

    This team needs to get better in the trenches both offensively and defensively. That is the #1 priority period. QB should be low on our priority list. First off there not really any great ones out there to be had, secondly I don't care how good a QB you get, they will not win with the Dline and Oline we currently are trotting out there.

    Fix the trenches...thats my Mantra. Even if you have to franchise Joe and make a call on him the following season. We at least know that with Joe, if surrounded with the right personnel he can win. We know without decent line personnel we will not....that makes the decision a no brainer.
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,019
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Trade for Kirk cousins

    Quote Originally Posted by D-RavedUp5-27-52-20 View Post
    Do you think kirk cousins gonna last in arc north? Very doubtful. Face it people Flacco staying in Baltimore whether we like it or.not.
    Only if Flacco agrees to take what the Ravens offer him. If not he might want to try his luck in Oakland or Buffalo or Arizona
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  5. #20

    Re: Trade for Kirk cousins

    Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    329 yards and 2 TD's in his first start is pretty impressive.
    i remember Eric Zeier for the Browns throwing for similar stats in his first start and that never went anywhere. The problem is that people are to week to week. Eli Manning played horribly today so maybe the Giants should get Cousins and what if Joe lights it up next week, can already see the excuses that the Giants aren't good.

    To think that all the issues would be fixed in one week was just dumb. It is going to take the offseason to really fix this, all they can do here is throw some wrinkles in and try and execute which was always part of the problem. I will at least give Jim and Joe the rest of the games this season to make any real judgement.

    I really think some of you thought the Offense was goign to come out and not miss any beats and Joe would throw for 6 TDs. Before you think otherwise I am dissapointed in what I saw but there were also some good things just too few.




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trade for Kirk cousins

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't see him as a Sanchez clone at all. Barkley reminds me of Jake Locker. All that really matters is whether the Ravens FO likes him or not and obviously we're not going to hear for a while.

    I do think they have to do something in this draft. They don't have the space to get a QB in free agency. There is no way they are going to pay Flacco what he wants and might even pull the offer the made before the season. They need an option at the position and I doubt TT is it.
    I think if worst comes to worse you franchise him one year and you spend your efforts fixing the lines.

    If Joe fails with a new coordinator then you can move on. At least in this scenario whatever rookie QB or FA you bring in might have the personnel around them to be successful. Right now that highly doubtful unless they address it.
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis




  7. #22

    Re: Trade for Kirk cousins

    maybe we can lure Bulger out of retirement




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,019
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Trade for Kirk cousins

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Barkley is Leinart all over again IMO.

    This team needs to get better in the trenches both offensively and defensively. That is the #1 priority period. QB should be low on our priority list. First off there not really any great ones out there to be had, secondly I don't care how good a QB you get, they will not win with the Dline and Oline we currently are trotting out there.

    Fix the trenches...thats my Mantra. Even if you have to franchise Joe and make a call on him the following season. We at least know that with Joe, if surrounded with the right personnel he can win. We know without decent line personnel we will not....that makes the decision a no brainer.
    I would agree with you if Flacco didn't cost the Ravens $14 million next year or $100 million over the next bunch of years. The money is the problem. How are you going to replace that many players on the lines and pay Flacco? They're isn't the cap space for both.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    797

    Re: Trade for Kirk cousins

    There are too many huge holes on this team for us to even think about drafting a QB early.

    Joe's inconsistency is a massive problem, but unfortunately it's the least of our worries.
    I told everyone that if I went to Pittsburgh I would have to throw up on my jersey every time I played, - Double J will always be a Raven




  10. #25

    Re: Trade for Kirk cousins

    The Flacco slander is unbelievable... When did we just have a Qb issue? Our Offensive line is a joke and Wrs aren't exactly running free... Every single throw almost has to be perfect. Sure, that pick 6 was horrible but he isn't the only problem
    "Flacco will never win a Super Bowl in my lifetime" - Lamarr Woodley, Squealers LB<-- what Flacco stares at before every game




  11. #26

    Re: Trade for Kirk cousins

    Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    The Flacco slander is unbelievable... When did we just have a Qb issue? Our Offensive line is a joke and Wrs aren't exactly running free... Every single throw almost has to be perfect. Sure, that pick 6 was horrible but he isn't the only problem
    Actually he did overthrow a few poeple today and throw behind so he was fairly bad but what has to be said is that the Oline was terrible at those times and it threw him off, when they went no huddle he was much better and when the O line gave him time he was better, he even moved around in the pocket better today I thought. I also saw Manning play poorly in the 1st quarter, hint his O line was letting the Ravens get some pressure, then that changed and he became Peyton again.

    Joe may never be the top tier but fix the Oline and a multitude of sins are fixed.




  12. #27

    Re: Trade for Kirk cousins

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Only if Flacco agrees to take what the Ravens offer him. If not he might want to try his luck in Oakland or Buffalo or Arizona
    I'm sorry I don't see Flacco leaving or leaving to any of those teams.




  13. #28

    Re: Trade for Kirk cousins

    Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaRaven View Post
    The Flacco slander is unbelievable... When did we just have a Qb issue? Our Offensive line is a joke and Wrs aren't exactly running free... Every single throw almost has to be perfect. Sure, that pick 6 was horrible but he isn't the only probylem
    . Couldn't agree more




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,547
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Trade for Kirk cousins

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I would agree with you if Flacco didn't cost the Ravens $14 million next year or $100 million over the next bunch of years. The money is the problem. How are you going to replace that many players on the lines and pay Flacco? They're isn't the cap space for both.
    I think you address those positions in the first couple round of the draft rather than letting him go and overpaying via free agency for line help.

    Not suggesting a redo of both lines but rather moving up and getting a stud Oline or Dline guy and then getting another guy in the second who could step in and play at a KO level. Thats doable IMO

    You may have to let some guys go you would rather keep like Ray, Ed, Boldin, Leach etc.... tough choices will have to be made. If you get rid of Joe but do not address the lines you may as well let those guys go anyway cause your not winning with a rookie QB or Alex Smith and the lines the way they are currently constructed.
    A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,
    -Ray Lewis




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    4,501

    Re: Trade for Kirk cousins

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Only if Flacco agrees to take what the Ravens offer him. If not he might want to try his luck in Oakland or Buffalo or Arizona
    I agree. he has definitely screwed himself with his play over the past month or so. He doesn't have the Ravens by the balls anymore, IMO. They need to blow this thing up and rebuild anyway.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland