Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fire harbaugh

Re: harbaugh too

I wanna thank Seattle Raven for being a nice guy.Guys with experience on here are being mean to me for saying the truth.I guess Bischotti isn't a ravens fan because he didnt agree with the results of Cam's performance as coach.Or at least thats how i interpret responses on here today.

Re: Fire harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    So much for that koombaya moment after the texans game. Lol...harbs has lost this team. Hope bisciotti blows it up this offseason. Johnny Wildcard had his chance. He could never get this team over the hump and he def isnt a coach you want if your going through a rebuild.

Ding!!!! Ding!!!! Winnah!!!! Most sensible statement ever made on this board.

you are on your opponents 4 yard line with 22 seconds. you are rushing to get a play off and you are sitting on 3 timeouts. do you think your team is so refined that the OL can communicate well in a hurry up situation.the answer is no. call the timeout and regroup. harbaugh brought all 3 timeouts into halftime.

i know about the injuries and lost free agents but that's not a controllable. the above is a controllable and harbaugh should admit to his failings.

Blog Entries

Its time Ozzie has been held accountable for this mess of an offense and staff this team has, you can't keep letting your best Olinemen walk while drafting tackles to play guards and paying over hill Olinemen men to do be effective in protecting your franchise QB. I was hard on Joe earlier but this still that retarded air croyell system, the offense, you can bet your sweet ass harbs ass ia in a ringer and they will get someone in there to design a system that works to joe, this FO better get their shit together because Ozzie and comp need figure something out personnel wise.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    So much for that koombaya moment after the texans game. Lol...harbs has lost this team. Hope bisciotti blows it up this offseason. Johnny Wildcard had his chance. He could never get this team over the hump and he def isnt a coach you want if your going through a rebuild.
    If I were a betting man, I'd bet he does blow it up...and I hope he does. Yes, we have a horrible injury problem, but this team is a mess right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Its time Ozzie has been held accountable for this mess of an offense and staff this team has, you can't keep letting your best Olinemen walk while drafting tackles to play guards and paying over hill Olinemen men to do be effective in protecting your franchise QB. I was hard on Joe earlier but this still that retarded air croyell system, the offense, you can bet your sweet ass harbs ass ia in a ringer and they will get someone in there to design a system that works to joe, this FO better get their shit together because Ozzie and comp need figure something out personnel wise.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

I don't know if he gets canned this season, but much like Coughlin was up in NY a few years ago, he'll likely be on a very short leash. Sometimes, that can be a good thing.

It is pretty evident though that the locker room and the coaching staff are somewhat at odds...they went from being a pretty disciplined team last year to one of the most penalized in the league this year. What changed?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I doubt seriously that Harbaugh is fired this season, but I think the FO will take a hard look at Harbaugh's progress as Ravens HC. before next season. John Harbaugh has not growm one iota as an NFL coach and it's my view, judging from the lack of urgency and the lack of on field discipline, that Harbaugh has lost this team. And I believe Harbaugh has also lost the FO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    IDK if they fire Harbaugh, but I will say that the frustration is evident from the players. He needs to be evaluated after the season.
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    Not happy with things right now, but you can't fire a guy that's taken his team to the playoffs 5 out of 5 years, especially when his predecessor never did it for more than 2 years in a row and 5 out of 9.
    Yes. 3 weeks ago I would have said someone was crazy if they said Harbaugh's job was in jeopardy. Now? I definitely think he is coaching for his job. How he does the next 3+ games will go a long way in determining whether he is here now or not.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    Okay, let's evaluate him.

9-5 this year with injuries everywhere
    53-25 all time

Evaluation complete. Not fired.

If we're going to hold him accountable for every loss, we need to hold him accountable for every win. It goes both ways.
    He's had a great run, but all those wins (and losses) are history. You have to make decisions based on what is best for the organization going forward. Just because he's won a ton of games in the past doesn't mean that record of success will hold true in the future.

Yes, he's had to deal with injuries. But you can still control attitude, game preparation, time management, challenges, etc. For whatever reason, Harbaugh looks like he lost his grasp on all the above over the last few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I dont think you fire Harbs b/c it makes the Ravens organization look bad. They'll get a bad rap for dumping coaches at the 1st sign of adversity. This is a red flag for the great coaching prospects who always have multiple suitors.

Harbs is owed an opportunity to right the ship. Personally, I dont have much faith in him, but he could prove me wrong. And I'm rooting that he does.
    Me too. But you cannot keep a coach around that has lost his voice with the team just because you are afraid of how it will look.

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Just curious, how many of you expected this team to have nine wins with two left to play when the season opened? The problem which every one seems to be overlooking is the defense. They were not good to start the season, and now they are pathetic with all the injuries. If not for two defensive debacles against the redskins and the steelers, this team would be 11-3 right now. Not sure how you can hang this shit on Harbs.
    That can go both ways...if not for a very generous no-call against Kansas City, a missed FG by Dallas, and a once-in-a-decade 4th down conversion...they could also be 6-8.

I didn't predict records, but I did expect the team to be well-prepared and to try hard. Yesterday, for the first time in a long-time, I saw a team that was neither. With some very questionable coaching decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I think Ozzie rightly deservers criticism as well. Unfortunately, you can only change so much in a organization in the off-season...taking on a potentially new coaching staff, new QB and new FO...that is a recipe for 3+ years of Browns-like football.

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman831226 View Post
    I doubt seriously that Harbaugh is fired this season, but I think the FO will take a hard look at Harbaugh's progress as Ravens HC. before next season. John Harbaugh has not growm one iota as an NFL coach and it's my view, judging from the lack of urgency and the lack of on field discipline, that Harbaugh has lost this team. And I believe Harbaugh has also lost the FO.
    You may be right. We will find out over the next 3+ games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman831226 View Post
    If Bisciotti comes to this same conclusion, then it is a certainty that Harbaugh will be fired. I have never been a Harbaugh fan, and it wouldn't bother me at all if he were fired after this season. That said, I think Ozzie needs to take a good amount of heat for this situation as well. He has generally handled the draft well, but has done a poor job as a GM with regard to the coaching staff.

Anything is possible but I just don't see how we can call for Harbaugh's head when the season has not even concluded yet. Would if (a big if of course) we win the next two games, advance to the superbowl and.....win...what will you all being saying then?? Let me guess..."Harbaugh is not the reason we won".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Anything is possible but I just don't see how we can call for Harbaugh's head when the season has not even concluded yet. Would if (a big if of course) we win the next two games, advance to the superbowl and.....win...what will you all being saying then?? Let me guess..."Harbaugh is not the reason we won".
    And if I looked like Brad Pitt, I could be banging Angelina Jolie. But alas, we all have our crosses to bear. This is all speculation, but can you honestly say that things have gotten progressively better since Harbaugh became HC? I mean have the Ravens improved each year and are continuing to improve, or have they hit a plateau?