Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fire harbaugh

Blog Entries

Re: Fire harbaugh

Jack Del Rio would look pretty good coming back to Baltimore. He never had an offense to work with in Jacksonville and we know what he can do with a defense

[QUOTE=Paintballguy;537904]Banged up but flacco blew the game early hell it could've been 10-7 broncos before half
    I agree, but they likely would of lost regardless due to line play. Ps that throw was not even in EZ to BOLDIN. Just throw it away.

This is a team that lost JJ, Grubbs, Redding to FA
    They have injuries out the wazoo and half the guys on the field are like the walking wounded.
    Somehow they have won 9 games. They are not 5-11 like Billick was when he got fired. Its a minor miracle the team had 9 wins
    Next guy up is a nice little slogan .... truth is though sometimes the next guy up is just not good enough. There is a reason they are the next guy up.
    I dont think John has lost the locker room so much as he has guys who are just to bang up to be impactful or they are just out.

Does John have some things to clean up? You bet he does. Will his seat be slightly warm heading into next season? Absolutely. Firing him though would be goofy at this point.

Why does Ozzie get a pass but John does not. Lets face it, lot of the so called backups have been duds. The Oline looked like a mess heading into the season and has proved to be just that. Not suggesting that Ozzie should be let go, far from it. Just saying its not all John just as the offensive woes are not all Joe.

I dont care how good a coach you are, if you dont have the horses you dont have the horses. You cant compare the Giant or Packer and their injury issues the years they won the SB to what the Ravens are going through....different ball of wax completely
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    This is a team that lost JJ, Grubbs, Redding to FA
    They have injuries out the wazoo and half the guys on the field are like the walking wounded.
    Somehow they have won 9 games. They are not 5-11 like Billick was when he got fired. Its a minor miracle the team had 9 wins
    Next guy up is a nice little slogan .... truth is though sometimes the next guy up is just not good enough. There is a reason they are the next guy up.
    I dont think John has lost the locker room so much as he has guys who are just to bang up to be impactful or they are just out.

Does John have some things to clean up? You bet he does. Will his seat be slightly warm heading into next season? Absolutely. Firing him though would be goofy at this point.

Why does Ozzie get a pass but John does not. Lets face it, lot of the so called backups have been duds. The Oline looked like a mess heading into the season and has proved to be just that. Not suggesting that Ozzie should be let go, far from it. Just saying its not all John just as the offensive woes are not all Joe.

I dont care how good a coach you are, if you dont have the horses you dont have the horses. You cant compare the Giant or Packer and their injury issues the years they won the SB to what the Ravens are going through....different ball of wax completely
    (this might the kiss of death on this board coming from me,but)
    good thoughts Ravenous

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Overreaction thread. He will be evaluated after the season. This was a very banged up team today.
    Injuries were irrelevant.

Our defense started great. They were great for most of the half. But when you have an offense that has 6 3 and outs in the first half, they are going to get freaking tired.

Our offense hasnt had injury problems, they have had coaching problems. That drive that we started calling short routes, that was the offense we've been waiting for. But, of course, we never saw it after that.

Joe hasnt been perfect, but he hasnt been horrible. There is something wrong underneath.

Joe was pretty bad, albeit under pressure. But to fumble a sneak and throw a pick six on a horrible sideline pattern in the RZ had much to do with deciding the outcome. Joe Average.

7. Re: Fire harbaugh

IDK if they fire Harbaugh, but I will say that the frustration is evident from the players. He needs to be evaluated after the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    IDK if they fire Harbaugh, but I will say that the frustration is evident from the players. He needs to be evaluated after the season.
    Okay, let's evaluate him.

9-5 this year with injuries everywhere
    53-25 all time

Evaluation complete. Not fired.

If we're going to hold him accountable for every loss, we need to hold him accountable for every win. It goes both ways.

Not happy with things right now, but you can't fire a guy that's taken his team to the playoffs 5 out of 5 years, especially when his predecessor never did it for more than 2 years in a row and 5 out of 9.

I dont think you fire Harbs b/c it makes the Ravens organization look bad. They'll get a bad rap for dumping coaches at the 1st sign of adversity. This is a red flag for the great coaching prospects who always have multiple suitors.

Harbs is owed an opportunity to right the ship. Personally, I dont have much faith in him, but he could prove me wrong. And I'm rooting that he does.

Just curious, how many of you expected this team to have nine wins with two left to play when the season opened? The problem which every one seems to be overlooking is the defense. They were not good to start the season, and now they are pathetic with all the injuries.If not for two defensive debacles against the redskins and the steelers, this team would be 11-3 right now. Not sure how you can hang this shit on Harbs.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Re: harbaugh too

Quote Originally Posted by scottie b View Post
    im no longer sold on harbaugh
    what is he good for?
    name it..what does he do well?
    not clock management
    definitely throws the dumbest challenges
    last year w those bad loses
    thats how u tell a good coach.
    a good coach has a good team focused against lower teams
    MAYBE once..not three bad ones
    who hell cant get a ravens team focused for pitt?ne?
    and dont quote record please
    defense did that
    ray lewis did that..harbaugh hit lotto
    and blew the winnings
    While I am not a huge fan of Harbs, let's see what happens the rest of the year before calling for his head.