Page 44 of 83 FirstFirst ... 4243444546 ... LastLast

Re: Game Thread -- Broncos @ Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    A back shoulder fade to the EZ is a play every NFL team has in their playbook and it's a fine play. Read the coverage, if the guy is playing man not looking for the ball throw it up and see what happens.

If the defender is peeking in the backfield you NEVER throw that ball. Flacco locked into Boldin the whole way, it was a GUARANTEED pick six.
    This. A quick throw if the defender isn't looking. If he is, throw it into the stands.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleApocalypse37 View Post
    People writing off Flacco because of that play are silly. What he does in the second half is where we really see what he's made of.
    Clearly we haven't been watching the same game or the same season for that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Hopefully Harbaugh checked his rah-rah inspirational bullshit at the door and is laying into this offense. I just have no stomach for this shit.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    For once id like to see him trash this team in the press after a shitty performance. Still lots of time but wow this is pathetic.

I think this one hurts more than some of the other dud games Joe has had because this time our defense has played great. Forcing 4-5 punts in the first half alone against Manning is unheard of for a Ravens defense against him.

This loss is all on Joe.

And it sucks to be him because he is playing himself out of a big payday.

If Flacco comes out and has a great second half, what will that prove? What question will that answer?

This is who he is. He will CONSISTENTLY play like shit for a long stretch of the game, then heat up and play well. That's all it will prove.

How can you win in the NFL with a quarterback like that? Answer: you can't without a great defense/running game, because you're too dependent on other factors working out and covering up the bad stretches.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    Honestly, I'm hanging it up on this season. I can no longer believe in our team to get it done for the remainder of our games. I am speechless at what I'm seeing from our offense today. This is a total embarrassment on our home turf. Just shameful...SMH
    I'm VERY close to feeling the same way. This offense is truly offensive.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

You could tell they were trying to milk the clock and keep the defense from subb'ing, but it failed big time. Flacco telegraphed that pass and it was an easy pick. Would have been a good time to try a run and call a TO if it didnt work. Still have 2 tries to get a TD. The big point was to MAKE SURE YOU GET POINTS. This team has no clue how to get momentum on their side. Even 3 points there is huge. When you rush the play and throw an INT, you look foolish.

Blog Entries

I swear every time we play Manning our OFFENSE is the one that looks scared, not the DEFENSE.

We contain Manning and the offense shits the bed.

I get the TO thing there.

But come on, saying your coach should get the blame when your QB...who we want to have more control...wants to go no huddle there and stares down his WR and makes a horrible...horrible throw and decision to throw there is reaching. Joe can call a TO if he needs to as well.

I would have taken 3 incompletions there.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

To me that throw looks like another of those instances where Joe just tries to do too much, he really needs to slow down in those situations where the adrenaline is pumping.

Oh, and to the person that said Joe is slow a week or so ago... HA!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    What about other mistakes he's made this year. Or do they not count because of Cam.
    Let's look at the losses:

Eagles (defense's fault)
    Texans (equal faults both ways)
    Steelers (joe's fault)
    Redskins (defense)

But really, I'm talking specifically about this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    This. A quick throw if the defender isn't looking. If he is, throw it into the stands.
    Yup.

And Boldin was blanketed pre throw