Page 79 of 83 FirstFirst ... 7778798081 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Game Thread -- Broncos @ Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by ctulb View Post
    Not going for 2 there = coaches have given up
    Harbaugh probably wasn't even aware it would be a 2 score game. He's just not a very smart football coach
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

Quote Originally Posted by DarienA View Post
    Hard to be visible when the Oline isn't really generating much in the way of holes...
    Tis my point.

Well, at least we aren't the Giants today. 34-0? Ouch

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

I don't agree they gave up.

They aren't that good against the run in general and they haven't been good when they know teams are going to run. The same thing happened at the end of the Steelers game here...they ran 6+ minutes off the clock on their game winning drive.

The guys just aren't good.
    Cary Williams didnt give up on Decker's deep play?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Game Thread -- Broncos @ Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Yeah but other teams are watching these poor performances as well. Flacco needs perfection around him for him to play well. No team in the NFL can give him that. He may not get an offer that will break our bank.
    If Joe hits the open market he still would be a huge upgrade for a LOT of teams.

You don't think the Cardinals or the Jets would be all over him? Wisenhunt would give his kidney for Joe.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Unfortunately...he still has this organization by the balls.

Are they really going to let him go?

There aren't any other options IMHO other than resign him or sign someone like Vick...and I'm pretty sure they are going to keep Flacco over Vick.

I do think the team should invest in a QB in the middle of the draft...a guy who can stand in the pocket and throw and not a gimmick guy like Tyrod.

Maybe a guy like EJ Manuel out of FSU in the 5th or 6th round.
    There aren't a lot of good QBs in this draft at all.

EJ Manuel is a bad college player who will be an even worse NFL player. Hate him as a prospect. But he's not a terrible value in the 5th or 6th, I suppose. The QB I would try to grab in the middle rounds is Mike Glennon, but he's more like a 3rd-4th rounder. Tyler Bray is also a good player, but he will probably go in the 2nd.

But they really need to go out and get somebody, no matter what they do with Flacco. I'm honestly so disgusted by him right now I don't know what to say. I've defended him for so long but he absolutely shit the bed today.

Defense was just gassed at the end. Have to give Peyton much credit--you really do. He played well today and deserves the win. Ravens HAVE to get healthy--they just do or it will be a short foray into off season land.

Redskins win!

Blog Entries

Be funny if we get two TDs here...

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    So we don't go for two there, to get with two possessions, but we do kick the ball onsides? Help me understand that one....
    Exactly. Then he uses timeouts. Either play to win or just give up. If you're trying to win then why would you not go for 2? If you give up then why are you onside kicking and burning timeouts. Utterly clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Cary Williams didnt give up on Decker's deep play?

No, I think he simply lost track of the ball and didn't think the ball was in the air coming at his guy.

The following drive he had a hell of a diving pass defense on another deep post.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post

Yeah but other teams are watching these poor performances as well. Flacco needs perfection around him for him to play well. No team in the NFL can give him that. He may not get an offer that will break our bank.
    Yea and teams like Oakland, Arizona, Jets, Bills, KC, and Jax are all waiting to line up with contract offers.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Come on, this isn't the Boller wars. Those who don't pin the entire offense on Flacco aren't apologists. This gets tiring too.

If that is the case, why no hate towards Ray Rice for basically being invisible today?

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    That is not what I said. You will have people that make excuses for Flacco all week and the OL will be one of them. They will completely ignore Flacco's ineptness.

You can try to blame Ray Rice but he doesn't have nearly as much control of this offense as Flacco does. Flacco made poor decisions, Flacco consistently was inaccurate, and Flacco coughed up the ball.