Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Ray Lewis radio show charges cover fee

Quote Originally Posted by RAVENOUS52 View Post
    Can we please let non-issues remain non-issues in the future? If you don't like it, don't spend your money! Hell, half of you spend a ton of money for the friggin right to "license" seats at M&T, so why a $25 cover for premium seats and an autograph that in the future will be worth many times more than that is a problem, I don't know...:insane:

Maybe it's the Agent Orange they put in my eggs in Afghanistan but all the fuss makes no sense to me...:grbac:
    AMEN .... thank you!

... and thank you for your service from a former MP!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    AMEN .... thank you!

... and thank you for your service from a former MP!

I went to the WNST RAven's rookie night and it was totally free. Grubbs, Burgess, Barnes, Figurs, Mclain, Yanda, all there and all allowed pictures and any autographs. IT WAS FREE!!!!Why is it we give to the Ray Lewis charities and support him in every way possible and we still get stuck in the end. It should have been free, period. That would have brought enough business to his lack luster restaurant to more than compensate for any losses he may have incurred. Bad PR. I still love him though, I guess its like heroin

BTW....There are thousands of us who pay for the PSL's. Dont knock it. It truly becomes a way of life and great family and friends time unlike any other events
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Nurse View Post
    Why is it we give to the Ray Lewis charities and support him in every way possible and we still get stuck in the end. It should have been free, period. That would have brought enough business to his lack luster restaurant to more than compensate for any losses he may have incurred. Bad PR. I still love him though, I guess its like heroin
    I see your point. My point is that if a bunsess decides to charge a cover, so be it. If you dont want to go because of the cover, so be it too. Just dont go, pay the money then bitch after that you voluntarily paid.

People dont seem to understand that Ray does not own this place -- they only use his name. To be mad, dismayed, or whatever against Ray is unfair.

I see your point. My point is that if a bunsess decides to charge a cover, so be it. If you dont want to go because of the cover, so be it too. Just dont go, pay the money then bitch after that you voluntarily paid.

People dont seem to understand that Ray does not own this place -- they only use his name. To be mad, dismayed, or whatever against Ray is unfair.
    Uh, Yeah he does own it.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Since they always charge, how do you know people wont squat?
    Again, I have gone to plenty of these kind of things and with rare exception most everybody eats and drinks. I know based on experience.

When the place first opened, they didnt charge a cover and Ray showed up. I watched people filter in, take a couple of photos of Ray in the balcony and roll out not spending one dime. How else are they supposed to make money?
    So these people weren't sitting at tables nursing beers, they showed up, took a few pics and took off. Doesn't sound like they took up any seats anybody else was using.

It's a BUSINESS! Business are in business to MAKE MONEY! It's not a hard concept.
    Thanks for the update, I had no idea. What's your business experience?

Why do fans think they are entitled to free stuff when it involves their favorite atheletes???
    Where did I claim I was entitled to anything, I clearly said he could charge and I had no issue with it. I just think, AS A BUSINESSMAN, that it is a short-sighted move that hurts his long term ability to make money. The word on the restaurant is the food is marginal and so is the service, that ain't gonna get me through the door because Ray is there, even without a cover. He should concentrate on making good food and delivering good service (to build a long term clientelle), not trying to make the quick buck on cover fees (one hit cover charges people are unlikely to do twice).

I can't believe this thread is alive.

Since they always charge, how do you know people wont squat?

When the place first opened, they didnt charge a cover and Ray showed up. I watched people filter in, take a couple of photos of Ray in the balcony and roll out not spending one dime. How else are they supposed to make money?

It's a BUSINESS! Business are in business to MAKE MONEY! It's not a hard concept.

Why do fans think they are entitled to free stuff when it involves their favorite atheletes???
    Who goes to these events and does NOT sit there and have several beers. The cover was for Ray and it was shortsighted. No way, no how, did they divy it up for the servers. If anything the servers would have made more money than they would on a usually dead night at a restaurant.

Who goes to these events and does NOT sit there and have several beers.
    I'm sure if you spoke with a bunch of servers they will tell you who but make no mistake, people go to these events and squat. You may see food and drink on the table but that is stretched out over 3 or 4 hours depending on how long the show is for. Typical establishments want to turn a table over every 30-45 minutes. If you were ever a bartender or a waiter/waitress you can see how this Event could be a problem financially if you work on tips. If you havent worked in any type of casual or fine dinning restaurant then you really dont know what you are talking about and really not qualified to do so. Sorry Highwater-- Mcdonalds, Sizzlers, and Kenny Rodgers doesnt count as casual and fine dining.

The cover was for Ray and it was shortsighted. No way, no how, did they divy it up for the servers.
    They never said it was for the servers. Drew trys to make this point as well but it was never said on his radio show by Marc Rosen. It was to control those who wanted to see Ray. the people who didnt want to pay would go downstairs and be able to watch the show for free, but no autograph.

Really its a bargin. Id pay the 25 and sit up stairs and just drink a non alcholic Ice tea or soda, rather than sitting downstairs and sampling food I really dont want to eat and having a server pestering me to have another drink.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Typical establishments want to turn a table over every 30-45 minutes.
    I am guessing you have never worked at a decent restaurant. It is impossible for a decent restaurant to turn a table over in 45 minutes. AAMOF, good, smartly run restaurants will rush to get your first drink order with menus, then let you work on that so you will order a second drink while ordering your meal.

If it is an establishment that is primarily selling drinks then they aren't interested in turning tables over, they are interested in people who will stay and drink.

I have worked in restaurant management, I have waited tables and I have tended bar. I know a little about what restaurants are trying to do. If you are worried about nursing beers you charge a minimum drink cover. If you charge a $25 cover you are just taking money that would have gone for drinks and food and turning it into a cover. This would mean less tips for a server. People will walk in with $40 to spend, if you skin them for $25 off the top they will get a few beers, or a sandwich and a beer that they will ineed nurse. AND THEY WILL NOT COME BACK. Not when $40 will get them several beers and a good sandwich elsewhere.

I am guessing you have never worked at a decent restaurant. It is impossible for a decent restaurant to turn a table over in 45 minutes.
    Well I did say typical, and believe me other casual theme restaurants want you out even sooner depending on their philosophy. I havent been in rays place but Im guessing its no different that say a TGIF or Applebees, just with a sports theme.

Believe it or not I have culinary experince in some of the finest restaurants and hotels from NOVA to NYC. Tavern on the Green and the Four Season to name a a few. I have also worked many casual and fine dining restaurant. I have actually managed a few places as well and I was an area director for a small chain in NYC. Ive also waited and bar tended in a few places in NYC. I havent worked in a restaurant of hotel in a few years because I changed careers but I cant imagine that its changed much.

If it is an establishment that is primarily selling drinks then they aren't interested in turning tables over, they are interested in people who will stay and drink.
    Isnt rays place a place for ribs? is it a bar? if so then why complain about the cover, Ive plopped down covers for lesser attractions.

People will walk in with $40 to spend, if you skin them for $25 off the top they will get a few beers, or a sandwich and a beer that they will ineed nurse. AND THEY WILL NOT COME BACK. Not when $40 will get them several beers and a good sandwich elsewhere.
    I dont disagree, thing is they are getting 25 bucks for doing nothing. If your still pissed off after spending the money then you are probably someone who doesnt like spending money for this type of thing, The VIP section seems to be a safty zone where if you want to sit and watch you can do so with out penalty. You could order a soda only or an entire meal this. The twenty five gets you closer Ray. Id sit there in a heartbeat if i lived close enough to get down there.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Sooooo much minutia

This thread needs to go to the bottom of the harbor where it belongs. :insane:

A local bar charged me for a cover

Can you F----in believe it?!?!?!?!?!

I mean I walked into a business that served bar food and drinks that they charged ME for it. What the hell is this world coming to???

We really need to do something about this. I would like to ask everyone to spend a unGodly amount of time thinking and writing about this one. Hell, I would even suggest that everyone call into radio programs and let everyone know how YOU feel about this disgrace. Where do these places get off thinking they can charge ME for food and drinks? Dont they know that without ME, that place and the owners would not exist?

I am the exception to the rule, damnit! I love this place and the fact they have the nerve to charge ME is an outright disgrace. Maybe if I bitch and moan, something will be done about it. It's not like I can simply not go. I HAVE to go! And because I HAVE to go, they must make exceptions for ME and ME alone!

Who do they think they are, a business?

;)