Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ray Lewis radio show charges cover fee

I emailed Anita and recieved this reply back from Ray's rep:

Anita Marks sent me your e-mail inquiry, as my firm represents Ray Lewis. Ray’s restaurant charges $25 for reserved seating in his upstairs skybox, which are by far the best seats. There will be no other charges for admission! Not sure where you heard about the $75. I think the next show’s reserved skybox seats may be sold out, but call in fast just in case. If they are gone, you can still reserve a spot downstairs! Thank you for supporting Ray!

Marc Rosen

If you listened to the show there was a commercial about the $25 dollars to sit upstairs and was free to get in.

I want an apology from everyone who called Ray greedy and an asshole from incorrect information. Stop jumping to conclusions!

i say everybody that is complaining about his show costing 25 dollars stop going stop spending your money and start saving so we all can be in arizona to watch him come out of the tunnel there and dance then it will be worth every penny we spend

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    i say everybody that is complaining about his show costing 25 dollars stop going stop spending your money and start saving so we all can be in arizona to watch him come out of the tunnel there and dance then it will be worth every penny we spend
    Now that has "value".

I really don't get the complaints. I fyou don't liek it, don't go. If you don't want to pay a cover to see Ray, then sit downstairs. Now if you plan on being there, and may order a drink or two, then I recommend you not go. It's not fair to the establishment to take up space for a potential future customer. It would certainly make more sense to me, to simply have a minimum tab value for upstairs reservations, perhaps with a slightly high, and included gratuity, but the cover, to me isn't out of line, especially if an autograph is obtained. The whole reaosn the show is broadcast there, is to increase the traffic there. If he wasn't a partner there, and he wasn't deriving income from it, he would be sitting in a studio. Would that be better for some of you?

Now that said, I'm a person that actually PREFERS bars with cover charges as there is less rif-raf, and a more responsible client base in the establishment. I think the main point of the cover is to discourage free-loaders attempting to counteract the idea of the show in the restaraunt. IF everyone crowded around up top to watch,a dn ordered nothing, they would cripple the ability of the restaraunt to succeed.
    That being said, I'm also the guy that when ont he road, and in need of facilities, will ALWAYS buy something where i stop, be it McD's, a gas station or what have you. People looking to get somethign for nothing should have it come back on them tenfold.

For all those jumping to conclusions... Shame on you for being so quick to dump on the biggest sports icon this town has seen since Ripken retired!

For those who reserved judgement until all the facts had been presented. And not bogus info from a second hand source, either.

Can we please let non-issues remain non-issues in the future? If you don't like it, don't spend your money! Hell, half of you spend a ton of money for the friggin right to "license" seats at M&T, so why a $25 cover for premium seats and an autograph that in the future will be worth many times more than that is a problem, I don't know...:insane:

Maybe it's the Agent Orange they put in my eggs in Afghanistan but all the fuss makes no sense to me...:grbac:

Drew Forrester spent a portion of the thursday morning show talking about this topic. He was called, on the show, by Marc Rosen, Ray Lewis' attorney. Drew posted a blog about it on the wnst website, which is very interesting to read. The audio of the phone call with Rosen is also posted on the Rundown section (right-hand margin, click on the speaker icon).

I can never get the audio clips to work on that site?

Amazing that drew was fighting with Marc Rosen days after the rumors of the cover were discovered to be false. Its so simple to see why the restaurant created the VIP section.

Who cares if its never happened in Baltimore, players are charging for their autograph across the country. and sometimes you can wait and never get the autograph you wanted. With rays deal its a guarantee that you will have an autograph and you will be up close and able to take pictures of him while he is doing a show (you will also be entertained), as fan I don't see a problem with it.

Sure the restaurant bears Ray's name. However that money is going into the nights receipts not his pocket, he's not the Cashier, waiter, chef or the man behind the concept. As Marc said the people in the restaurant came to that figure not Ray.

Ray is big time and people will come to see him. Adding a cover for a special section would help manage crowd control. Ray has rock star status so there should be precautions set up to ensure the safety of everyone. As Marc stated there would be more squatters or people nursing a beer a two so the restaurant has a right to charge a fee if there table offer a better seating advantage to see him. Drew fails to mention that anyone can go into the restaurant and still see ray and watch the radio show...for FREE while nursing a diet coke.

Another thing that bothers me about this is that a small portion of the audience is upset that they had to pay to get close. They Walked away and gave out the false information. They never paid that money and then made stuff up. Marc has stated that the people who paid the money were pleased with the arrangement and would do it again. I don't care who you are or what you do for a living. 25 bucks will not break your bank by any stretch of the imagination. That a small portion of money, if you have the time to go hang out at a restaurant for a few hours on a Monday Night then I'm quite sure 25 bucks shouldn't be too much of an issue if your intentions are to see one of the greatest Linebackers ever to play.

I don't listen to the show but from what I've seen of drew on the various boards is that he is not particularly fond of ray and always seems to land on the opposing side.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Amazing that drew was fighting with Marc Rosen days after the rumors of the cover were discovered to be false. Its so simple to see why the restaurant created the VIP section.

Who cares if its never happened in Baltimore, players are charging for their autograph across the country. and sometimes you can wait and never get the autograph you wanted. With rays deal its a guarantee that you will have an autograph and you will be up close and able to take pictures of him while he is doing a show (you will also be entertained), as fan I don't see a problem with it.

Sure the restaurant bears Ray's name. However that money is going into the nights receipts not his pocket, he's not the Cashier, waiter, chef or the man behind the concept. As Marc said the people in the restaurant came to that figure not Ray.

Ray is big time and people will come to see him. Adding a cover for a special section would help manage crowd control. Ray has rock star status so there should be precautions set up to ensure the safety of everyone. As Marc stated there would be more squatters or people nursing a beer a two so the restaurant has a right to charge a fee if there table offer a better seating advantage to see him. Drew fails to mention that anyone can go into the restaurant and still see ray and watch the radio show...for FREE while nursing a diet coke.

Another thing that bothers me about this is that a small portion of the audience is upset that they had to pay to get close. They Walked away and gave out the false information. They never paid that money and then made stuff up. Marc has stated that the people who paid the money were pleased with the arrangement and would do it again. I don't care who you are or what you do for a living. 25 bucks will not break your bank by any stretch of the imagination. That a small portion of money, if you have the time to go hang out at a restaurant for a few hours on a Monday Night then I'm quite sure 25 bucks shouldn't be too much of an issue if your intentions are to see one of the greatest Linebackers ever to play.

I don't listen to the show but from what I've seen of drew on the various boards is that he is not particularly fond of ray and always seems to land on the opposing side.

Wow, talk about giving out false information.

"Not particularly fond of Ray"? False.

If you DID listen to the show, you would hear me say - often - that I think Ray is the best defensive player I've ever seen and also the best football player in the history of football in Baltimore.

If you go to wnst.net and read my blog on Ray yesterday, you'll see that I wrote that as well.

I don't need an attorney to clarify things for me.

I'll clarify that all by myself.

I think Ray Lewis is a great football player.

I just don't think he should be charging people $25 to sit in the "VIP section" of his restaurant after he's made $35 million in this city playing football - mostly because the very people he's charging that money to are the ones who have paid his salary since 1996.

That's all. There's nothing more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    The Arizona game is at home.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePill View Post
    The Arizona game is at home.
    The Super Bowl is in Arizona.

PP