Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Ray Lewis radio show charges cover fee

Just read in Tony's blog it's at Della Rose's in Canton on Tuesday nights starting Sep. 4th.
    That is correct and thanks for posting that. Our first show is the day after Labor Day and it starts at 6PM. I will post a new thread sometime during the next few days to give you all the details on the show including Bart's guest for the opener and some other things that we have in store for you. I would advise you to arrive early.

Stay tuned for more details...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TL24x7; 08-28-2007 at 06:13 PM.

I was there.

The VIP area was upstairs and it costs $25 per person to sit up there. This $25 did not include food or drinks. Each person was entitled to one free autograph (of both Ray and Steve McNair), but you had to bring or purchase the autograph items. There was no videotaping allowed, but you could take as many pictures you wanted of Ray and Steve. However, Ray was not allowed by his handler to take a picture with someone else (he was willing to though).

I'm not sure, but I believe that there was a $15 (per person) cover charge to sit downstairs to watch the radio show. I believe the cover charge to be the case because it was only 1/2 full downstairs. BTW, people who sat downstairs were not allowed to come upstairs for an autograph. Ray, Steve and Anita were facing over the balcony, so the people downstairs could see them.

I brought my son so he could meet Ray and Steve - both were very cordial to my son and to everyone else. After the show ended, I was able to get my son in a picture with both Ray and Steve - that was worth more than the cover charge I paid. BTW, my son was also able to sneak some videos in (oops - I didn't say that!).

Did I like the cover charge - no way. Am I glad I went - absolutely. Would I do it again - probably not.
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

3. Re: Ray Lewis radio show charges cover fee

Originally Posted by Ravensfan1996 -
    Those "other" radio shows dont have the "star" quality that ray does.
    Thanks but no thanks. I'd rather support Bart, Jonathan or Willis. Ravensfan1996, you may think these players don't have as much star quality as Ray, but I'd rather support the establishments/players that don't charge for special seating and autographs. And shame on Anita Marks for not mentioning this on her show!!!!!!!!!! What was 1300 thinking having her host 3 shows?

Quote Originally Posted by FredGrau View Post
    I was there.

The VIP area was upstairs and it costs $25 per person to sit up there. This $25 did not include food or drinks. Each person was entitled to one free autograph (of both Ray and Steve McNair), but you had to bring or purchase the autograph items. There was no videotaping allowed, but you could take as many pictures you wanted of Ray and Steve. However, Ray was not allowed by his handler to take a picture with someone else (he was willing to though).

I'm not sure, but I believe that there was a $15 (per person) cover charge to sit downstairs to watch the radio show. I believe the cover charge to be the case because it was only 1/2 full downstairs. BTW, people who sat downstairs were not allowed to come upstairs for an autograph. Ray, Steve and Anita were facing over the balcony, so the people downstairs could see them.

I brought my son so he could meet Ray and Steve - both were very cordial to my son and to everyone else. After the show ended, I was able to get my son in a picture with both Ray and Steve - that was worth more than the cover charge I paid. BTW, my son was also able to sneak some videos in (oops - I didn't say that!).

Did I like the cover charge - no way. Am I glad I went - absolutely. Would I do it again - probably not.
    Good take Fred, I went to the WNST RAven's rookie night and it was totally free. Grubbs, Burgess, Barnes, Figurs, Mclain, Yanda, all there and all allowed pictures and any autographs. IT WAS FREE!!!!Why is it we give to the Ray Lewis charities and support him in every way possible and we still get stuck in the end. It should have been free, period. That would have brought enough business to his lack luster restaurant to more than compensate for any losses he may have incurred. Bad PR. I still love him though, I guess its like heroin
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

I need to clear this misconception up. I was at the Lewis Radio show last night. It is FREE to get in the restaurant and listen to the show. It costs 25 dollars to get into the VIP section which guarantees you an autograph. I got a good McNair Autograph last night, and while he was signing was right next to Ray and Anita.

I don't think 25 is too much for that, b/c otherwise it would be chaos there with everyone cramming the players for autographs. You can go listen and hope the players come out to the crowd after the show for free.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Where and when is the Bart Scott show broadcasted from?
    Bart Scott will be a Della Rose in Caton. I think it's on Tuesday night.

I know Tony Lombardi will host the show

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    That is correct and thanks for posting that. Our first show is the day after Labor Day and it starts at 6PM. I will post a new thread sometime during the next few days to give you all the details on the show including Bart's guest for the opener and some other things that we have in store for you. I would advise you to arrive early.

Stay tuned for more details...
    Thanks Tony! How early do you advise getting there? Do you know if Bart will be taking pictures with people? Any fees for autographs?

8. Re: Ray Lewis radio show charges cover fee

Come on people its FREE to get in, everyone just jumps on what people heard or posted on a board as the truth. Its Free and only pay $25 for VIP area and autograph, thats not unheard of, you dont have to pay it if you dont want to, get his autograh at training camp if you want. Listen to his show for free at home, listen at the place for free, or pay if you want special seating.

http://baltimore.bizjournals.com/bal...8000%5E1328856

"Corner Stable managers will operate the Canton restaurant while Ray Lewis remains an active partner, said Co-Owner Chip Reed."

Ray Lewis is a partner but the corner stable people run the day to day operations and probably set the fee as well. Who knows maybe this money goes to charity, maybe it goes to the corner stable.

Yes Cal Ripken and others sign and sign and are great examples of fan friendly. What about all those autograph shows that people charge for autographs? this happens all the time. Ive heard Troy smith doesnt like to sign anything either. what if a player wants to be private and not sign anything? does that make him bad? what if he charges for autographs to make $? doesnt make sense to us if he is making millions, whats $25? but maybe he signed some contract with someone and thats how it is. who knows.

I guess what gets me is people take what the read on the internet as truth right away without researching it first, making a judgement then responding, instead of just saying hes trash for doing this.

He isnt knocking over old ladies, or stealing candy from a baby....in the scheme of the world, this is non news to me.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Second hand information gets everyone all pissed off.

Fact is, you can go to the restaurant and not pay a cover.

PP

Fact is, you can go to the restaurant and not pay a cover.
    And more importantly you will be able to see the show without paying that cover, although you'll probably have a neck crap and crappy seats after its all said and done.

Ray is trying to make a buck, I don't begrudge him trying to make a few dollars here and there for himself or his partners.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

I wouldn't mind the fee, as long as you get VALUE out of it.

I don't understand why his "handlers" had a problem with people taking pictures of Ray with fans. That's just whacked.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I am glad to hear the fee is not just to get in the door and does have some value. I was told later my source got some bad info, so I apologize for posting inaccurate information.

The greed factor is much less than what I had originally heard....good news.

FM