Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Ray Lewis radio show charges cover fee

Here is what I heard from a very reliable source.
    Maybe someone can call up the restaurant and find out for sure.

This all sounds too second handish.

2. Re: Ray Lewis radio show charges cover fee

I heard its free to get in but $25 only if you wanted to sit the VIP area that gives you a better seat for the show.

Besides guys, its free to listen to it on the radio, you arent being forced to pay $25, also the bar is canton, know anything in canton thats "cheap"?

Those "other" radio shows dont have the "star" quality that ray does. One other thing, is the restaurant is owned by the Corner Stable, for all we know they are charging that fee to get the restaurant more $. Ray of course has some ownership in the place to put his name on it but doesnt own the place.

I dont think its any big deal....
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

I totally disagree w/ you rfan1996. Charging any fan just to get in to the venue is a joke and insulting. I've been to plenty of radio shows and there was no cover charge. Sorry, this is above and beyond.

And I highly doubt the Bart Scott, JO or Willis shows venues will be charging any fee JUST to get in to the place.

Charging for an autograph is different, although I do not agree w/ that practice either.

FM

Where and when is the Bart Scott show broadcasted from?

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Michaels in Columbia I believe.Tuesdays at 6pm

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Michaels in Columbia I believe.Tuesdays at 6pm
    Thought that's where AD used to do his show.

Just read in Tony's blog it's at Della Rose's in Canton on Tuesday nights starting Sep. 4th.

I have never heard one nice thing said about the food at his restaurant. Maybe he's trying to recoup losses from the lousy food?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Ray is an asshole.

$25 gets you in the door to the lower level and an autograph...only if you have also made a purchase from the gift shop.

$75 gets you on the upper level where the show is broadcast from.

My bet is the crowd sounded thin b/c nobody in their right mind would pay $25...much less $75.
    This is something that I also heard and checked it out with CBS Radio...here's the deal from one of my contacts there...

Ray is seated at the upper level which is much like a mezzanine or loft. Seating up there in the VIP Section is $25 per head and it was sold out. That price of $25 does not include an autograph. Great Moments Authentic has an exclusive signing arrangement with Ray and although Ray did sign some autographs for a fee, it is unclear at this point whether they will continue that practice or not.

General admission if you will, is in the lower level and seating there is free. From what I've been told there was available seating and they were not at capacity.

I hope this helps...

Just read in Tony's blog it's at Della Rose's in Canton on Tuesday nights starting Sep. 4th.
    That is correct and thanks for posting that. Our first show is the day after Labor Day and it starts at 6PM. I will post a new thread sometime during the next few days to give you all the details on the show including Bart's guest for the opener and some other things that we have in store for you. I would advise you to arrive early.

Stay tuned for more details...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TL24x7; 08-28-2007 at 06:13 PM.

I was there.

The VIP area was upstairs and it costs $25 per person to sit up there. This $25 did not include food or drinks. Each person was entitled to one free autograph (of both Ray and Steve McNair), but you had to bring or purchase the autograph items. There was no videotaping allowed, but you could take as many pictures you wanted of Ray and Steve. However, Ray was not allowed by his handler to take a picture with someone else (he was willing to though).

I'm not sure, but I believe that there was a $15 (per person) cover charge to sit downstairs to watch the radio show. I believe the cover charge to be the case because it was only 1/2 full downstairs. BTW, people who sat downstairs were not allowed to come upstairs for an autograph. Ray, Steve and Anita were facing over the balcony, so the people downstairs could see them.

I brought my son so he could meet Ray and Steve - both were very cordial to my son and to everyone else. After the show ended, I was able to get my son in a picture with both Ray and Steve - that was worth more than the cover charge I paid. BTW, my son was also able to sneak some videos in (oops - I didn't say that!).

Did I like the cover charge - no way. Am I glad I went - absolutely. Would I do it again - probably not.
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Originally Posted by Ravensfan1996 -
    Those "other" radio shows dont have the "star" quality that ray does.
    Thanks but no thanks. I'd rather support Bart, Jonathan or Willis. Ravensfan1996, you may think these players don't have as much star quality as Ray, but I'd rather support the establishments/players that don't charge for special seating and autographs. And shame on Anita Marks for not mentioning this on her show!!!!!!!!!! What was 1300 thinking having her host 3 shows?

I need to clear this misconception up. I was at the Lewis Radio show last night. It is FREE to get in the restaurant and listen to the show. It costs 25 dollars to get into the VIP section which guarantees you an autograph. I got a good McNair Autograph last night, and while he was signing was right next to Ray and Anita.

I don't think 25 is too much for that, b/c otherwise it would be chaos there with everyone cramming the players for autographs. You can go listen and hope the players come out to the crowd after the show for free.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Bart Scott will be a Della Rose in Caton. I think it's on Tuesday night.

I know Tony Lombardi will host the show

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    That is correct and thanks for posting that. Our first show is the day after Labor Day and it starts at 6PM. I will post a new thread sometime during the next few days to give you all the details on the show including Bart's guest for the opener and some other things that we have in store for you. I would advise you to arrive early.

Stay tuned for more details...
    Thanks Tony! How early do you advise getting there? Do you know if Bart will be taking pictures with people? Any fees for autographs?