Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Angry Ray Lewis radio show charges cover fee

So I heard from several sources this morning that fans going to the Ray Lewis radio show last night were a little bit ticked to see there was a $25 cover charge to get into his restaurant to hear the show.

WOW...what a friggin joke. Fans in this town deserve WAY better.
    Hello to the Bart Scott, JO and Willis show.

FM

Re: Ray Lewis radio show charges cover fee

So I heard from several sources this morning that fans going to the Ray Lewis radio show last night were a little bit ticked to see there was a $25 cover charge to get into his restaurant to hear the show.
    I've never seen the layout of his restaurant. I would imagine that his presence would attract many people and that mininum is in place to prevent many people who came just to watch the radio show in his place of business.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

I've been to other radio shows from restaurants (like Greg Sher's old show from Damon's in Perry Hall). They didn't charge a cover charge but when you went, you were expected to eat dinner.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello

4. Re: Ray Lewis radio show charges cover fee

I used to go to AD's show, which was free to the fans. I don't have an issue w/supporting the restaurant by eatting and drinking while at the show, that's a given. What does the $25.00 get you? Is this a fee he is charging for his autograph?

Some might say: "The rich get richer".

Think that may be one of the ways to contribute to wealth?

There is a second point. If it is his business place, he should expect some kind of business expenditure from the attendees. Not an entry fee though.

Nevertheless, I will always love the guy. The greatest linebacker ever in my book. Go Ray-Ray!!!

:usa:

The Ravens Wrap radio show here at the beach hosted by Bruce Laird & John Gehrig (which we're told starts it's season tomorrow @ 6:00 p.m.) is live from the Greene Turtle @ 116th Street (Jamestown Rd to us locals) and the Turtle never charges a cover. Ravens Roost #44 is always in the house and we do our fair share of eating and drinking. I can't wait until tomorrow! Go Ravens!

And if you're in OC on a Wednesday, come on by!

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

I don't care which player it is and where it's hosted....in principle this is greedy and a joke. It's totally a given the vast majority of fans will go to a place order something.

Sorry....I can promise I will NOT attend a Ray Lewis show or go to his restaurant now...this is raping the fans.

FM

I live about 2 blocks from his restaurant and thought about going sometime this year, but I'm not going to pay $25 to see a radio show. BTW it sucks that Don and Mike get cut off the last hour for a radio show that is on 2 stations. Plus the fact they are doing it for 3 other shows.

He should at least have a buffet or some kind of complimentary food/drink.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMaven View Post
    I used to go to AD's show, which was free to the fans. I don't have an issue w/supporting the restaurant by eatting and drinking while at the show, that's a given. What does the $25.00 get you? Is this a fee he is charging for his autograph?
    Exactly,I guess having the restaurant packed every Monday night(which is the absolute slowest night for restaurants) isnt good enough.When I opened this thread I figured it would be 5,mybe 10 dollars.....but 25???? Are you kidding me??

I have NEVER heard of a "cover charge" to a radio show in my life.

Maybe thats why the crowd was thin last night from what I could tell on the radio.

Is it a $25 cover or $25 minimum? If it is a cover and then you have to pay the dinner tab and bar tab, that is insane. If I go and ring up a $40 tab but that $25 goes toward it, no problem.

Here is what I heard from a very reliable source.

$25 gets you in the door to the lower level and an autograph...only if you have also made a purchase from the gift shop.

$75 gets you on the upper level where the show is broadcast from.

My bet is the crowd sounded thin b/c nobody in their right mind would pay $25...much less $75.

Man, this makes me mad.

FM