Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

77% of us will have higher taxes

.... thanks to the cliff deal, so says The Tax Policy Center.

I am thinking we're going to see a steep increase in membership in the Libertarian party.

Blog Entries

Re: 77% of us will have higher taxes

Saw a picture on facebook this morning that said "the only difference between a democrat and republican, is what they do with your money after they steal it".

I am convinced there is no difference between the two parties anymore. The whole left vs, right, dem vs. repub, is just a show (not like a man behind the curtain, or Alex Jones the "global elite" are controlling things) that makes it look like somebody is on our side.

What happened here always happens, one side takes one position and the other takes theirs, it comes down to the last minute the citizens get all worked up and whatever side caves hides under the cover of "we were out of time, this was the best we could get". In the end we're the one getting screwed, always!

I wish more people would join the libertarian party, but I think there are just too many, stupid, ignorant lazy people to think past "Democrat good, republican bad"

is that 77% of people tha tpay taxes, or it's taking into account that many that don't currently will have to soon? Or that some will receive less from the EITC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I wish more people would join the libertarian party, but I think there are just too many, stupid, ignorant lazy people to think past "Democrat good, republican bad"
    or vice versa to be fair.

i do feel the libertarian party is gaining momentum, which is a good thing, but like you said partys in general are the down fall. Not sure what the best solution is, but im all for a 3 party system until it gets figured out, these 2 party systems arent working. could easily be candidate selection as well as it is typically described as picking "the lesser of two evils". Thats not how it should be.

ive seen a few people complaining about Obama giving congress a raise, but i find it funny that we were at a complete stalemate until he did. both sides seem to be greedy and corrupt and very few are actually "representing" their actual constituents best interests it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    is that 77% of people tha tpay taxes, or it's taking into account that many that don't currently will have to soon? Or that some will receive less from the EITC.
    Senate today would raise taxes on 77.1 percent of U.S. households, mostly because of the expiration of a payroll tax cut, according to preliminary estimates from the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center in Washington.
    the payroll tax cut is apparently 2% which is what mostly accounts for the 77%. so what you make X 2% is roughly what it should raise for under the 400/450 incomes. Unless im missing something else?
    -JAB

True, I don't think many in the MSM were upset about the now dead Congressional pay raise. But if you read the right wing side of the media, it's all they were talking about for a couple of weeks.

Also, part of that comes in the timing. I don't think it's a coincidence that the President would use an executive order, during the painfully slow holiday news cycle, to try and ram through the pay raise.

I am glad there was a vocal few Democrats who said no way to the pay increase.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    or vice versa to be fair.

i do feel the libertarian party is gaining momentum, which is a good thing, but like you said partys in general are the down fall. Not sure what the best solution is, but im all for a 3 party system until it gets figured out, these 2 party systems arent working. could easily be candidate selection as well as it is typically described as picking "the lesser of two evils". Thats not how it should be.

ive seen a few people complaining about Obama giving congress a raise, but i find it funny that we were at a complete stalemate until he did. both sides seem to be greedy and corrupt and very few are actually "representing" their actual constituents best interests it seems.
    I only did "dem good, repub bad" because the majority of the media enforces that, but it does go both ways.

And I agree with the bolded part. I am so tired of congress coming back to the people they are supposed to represent and telling us why they voted a certain way, we send them there to vote for us. No one seems to care, or at least not enough, maybe because a lot people think we're a democracy...? I don't know... Just fed up.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    .... thanks to the cliff deal, so says The Tax Policy Center.

I am thinking we're going to see a steep increase in membership in the Libertarian party.
    I'm already there.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

That's OK. I don't mind paying more taxes. That's what Galen always said as other libbies I know.

The economists across the ideological spectrum call the deal a dud. No on likes it, not the Keynesians who want more taxes and printed money to mobilize industry and not the conservatives who want less taxes to ignite industry. OBY of course was in
    the higher taxes group. Boner just held on to his speaker's seat. Many thought he'd lose it after caving in.

http://www.cnn.com/

I voted Libertarian and JOhnson didn't come close to getting the 5% he needed for public campaign contributions. It won't matter how many people join the Libertarian Party. The Spanish vote will determine all future elections which is
    why Rubio or Jeb Bush will run the next time. Rubio is Spanish and popular and in office getting their vote and Jeb won two terms as Florida guv getting the Spanish vote.

Mitt just missed their vote in Florida by .9 of a point.

http://business.time.com/2013/01/03/...al-cliff-deal/
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 01-03-2013 at 08:31 PM.

Blog Entries

And after pretending to protect the middle class from the ruthless rich, this is what the DEMs will
    cost the average working middle class stiff and this is what they deserve. They voted for him.

And some people wonder why I mock the DEMs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    And after pretending to protect the middle class from the ruthless rich, this is what the DEMs will
    cost the average working middle class stiff and this is what they deserve. They voted for him.

And some people wonder why I mock the DEMs.

whats the saying, "only things youre guaranteed in life are death and taxes." I dont care what "side" youre on, youre going to be paying taxes no matter what.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    whats the saying, "only things youre guaranteed in life are death and taxes." I dont care what "side" youre on, youre going to be paying taxes no matter what.
    True but neither side ever argued no taxes.

It wasn't too long ago (in the 90's) both sides actively sought a balanced budget. Bush and his 2 years of party control in congress ruined that (aided by war) and took us into the red. Not to be outdone, Obama took us even further, doubling what W did in a mere 4 years.

Now, one side can't spend enough and the other are too chicken shit to stop the spending. NO country has ever taxed and spent their way to prosperity.

We're in deep shit right now, having a debt of over $16 Trillion (with only $15 Trillion in circulation). That bill is going to need to get paid eventually. In the meantime, we better hope nothing serious breaks out in the world and we have to defend ourselves. Right now, we can't afford it. Literally.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Saw a picture on facebook this morning that said "the only difference between a democrat and republican, is what they do with your money after they steal it".

I am convinced there is no difference between the two parties anymore. The whole left vs, right, dem vs. repub, is just a show (not like a man behind the curtain, or Alex Jones the "global elite" are controlling things) that makes it look like somebody is on our side.

What happened here always happens, one side takes one position and the other takes theirs, it comes down to the last minute the citizens get all worked up and whatever side caves hides under the cover of "we were out of time, this was the best we could get". In the end we're the one getting screwed, always!

:word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.