Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Both sides have their nut jobs and neither should define them, but sadly they're all still representatives, whether you like it or not.
    Bull.

Yes, both have their nut jobs but just because they happen to be on the extreme sides of left or right does not mean they're representative of either group.

So Eco-Terrorists are representing the left in this country?

Fringe folks represent the fringe and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Have you guys ever been to www.infowars.com ?

I saw some guy driving around in a van (weird, right?) with a bunch of infowars stickers all over his car.

I went to the website...wow. And not wow as in "holy shit I've seen the light".
    More nut jobs.

I have a buddy who listens to Jones as if he was God. Very sad actually.

Blog Entries

Re: DC is Now the One Lone Area of the Country ....

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Bull.

Yes, both have their nut jobs but just because they happen to be on the extreme sides of left or right does not mean they're representative of either group.

do they have liberal or conservative views... they absolutely represent both in broad spectrum. Like I said, both half extremists/nut jobs. Just cause you disagree with their tactics doesnt mean their base views arent the same.
    -JAB

You're using semantics to the extreme.

Just because they do something with those beliefs in mind does not mean they're representative of their side / cause.

Under your logic, if a Ravens fan kills a Steelers fan that person is then representative of Ravens as a collective simply because he's a Ravens fan.

Blog Entries

More nut jobs.

I have a buddy who listens to Jones as if he was God. Very sad actually.
    One would think he was by the way he talks.

Conspiracy Theorists are one thing...but hardcore Christian Conspiracy Theorists? That's just a whole new set of "odd" for me. However, I guess if someone were to try and cast doubt on...well..anything, then using religion as a backdrop would only amplify the doubt.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

You're using semantics to the extreme.

Just because they do something with those beliefs in mind does not mean they're representative of their side / cause.

Under your logic, if a Ravens fan kills a Steelers fan that person is then representative of Ravens as a collective simply because he's a Ravens fan.
    Is he still not a Ravens fan? yeah... its sucks and we all arent murderers just because he is, but hes still a Ravens fan, whether we want to accept it or not.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Is he still not a Ravens fan? yeah... its sucks and we all arent murderers just because he is, but hes still a Ravens fan, whether we want to accept it or not.
    Yes, but he's not "representative" of Ravens fans.

I think you might want to look up the definition of representative and apply it within the proper context.

Blog Entries

Yes, but he's not "representative" of Ravens fans.

I think you might want to look up the definition of representative and apply it within the proper context.
    well you either view it as the whole being represented by 1, or each individually representing the whole. Your choice. breaking it down, left/right, as many do, their views still align with one side more than the other, even if extreme. thats not saying theyre the majority opinion, but to say theyre not apart at all isnt true.

By your definition, somebody could be a straight party memeber per views, but because of their action they take, not the belief, theyre not one in the same.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Bull.

:word

Some people just don't understand the concept of individualism.

Just because some people share some views, doesn't mean they share every view. No one walks, talks, thinks, acts or looks exactly like me, we are all different.

I'd like to know what "the right" or "the left" is anyway. Where are these meetings and what do they talk about there?

Galen and Trap mastered that concept.

The two of them would go in circles because some yahoo would do something and it would be characterized that the entire left / right was somehow culpable.

It's a horrible fallacy but one that's used quite often, particularly in the opinion based media outlets (FNC, MSNBC et all).

"If an individual in group A believes something, than all of A must believe the same".

It's impossible to rationalize an extreme world view without being able to put everyone and everything into a box.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Blog Entries

so on the gun control issue, you wouldnt define yourselves as conservative?
    -JAB