I agree the Mags will have almost zero effect on anything, but people will feel like they did something and sleep better, meanwhile some psychopath is learning how to quickly magazine change for the exact same results. In the interest of gun ownership though, id say keeping your AR and having to reload once is a pretty fair compromise vs trying to take them away entirely, thats all. not really supporting that notion.

I think storing guns is part of being responsible gun owner, which is why I dont think even some that are good gun owners by all other definitions still arent being responsible gun owners. I know of too many houses where ive walked in and just seen a gun lying around, or worse a fully functioning gun safe thats left wide open. If proper storing enforcement is something even gun owners are for, id jump on board with that in a heartbeat. Problem is how do you enforce it? Random house inspections?

I heard that in the case of Aurora, the guy was buying guns, ammunition stockpiles, armor, and all this other stuff over a a few month period. Isnt there someway to red flag those purchases and have the police look into it? seems with background checks and credit card use there should be an option for that.