Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: OT steelers or bengals..

Yes, one game. Usually a team has a horrible game on only one side of the ball. Well, last week was horrid on both. That happens on occasion to every team. Well, last week was our week. As good as the Steelers D is, I still shudder to watch them sometimes. Lebeau is still the man and I have full confidence in him.

I find it odd some label the Steelers as "weak." Minus a few plays, the team could easily be 9-4 or 10-3. The Ravens could easily be 8-6. Could-shoulda-woulda though, a win is a win, but my point is I feel the teams are pretty evenly matched, and their records don't exactly tell the story.

Right now, I feel the Bengals are the best team in the division. I have full condfidence Roethilsberger will shake off the rust this week and get back to himself (he did throw for three TD's last week) and gain momentum in the playoffs. He was having a great year until he got injured, again. And yes, he is the keystone of the team.

The adage stands that the only goal for each team is a playoff berth. That is when the real season starts! Here is hoping the Steelers and Ravens can lock horns again with two relatively healthy teams!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Did you see their defense last week? embarassing. I know it was one game but it was a 1PM home game against a weak AFCW opponent.

Blog Entries
    Not sure how anyone can say the bengals are the best in the afc north after last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a bad game. Like I said, every team has those. I think they are going win at least one against the Ravens or the Steelers before the year is out. That will have implications for all of the teams for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Not sure how anyone can say the bengals are the best in the afc north after last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rather see the Bengals get the last spot. Can't stand the Steelers in the playoffs. PS. Ravens better win 1 of the next 2 games.

Blog Entries

The Bengals have better overall talent. The Steelers are much better coached and have a far better QB.

6. Re: OT steelers or bengals..

In this salary cap era, with the parity it produces, there's not much disparity in talent. So in this era, coaching and the QB have a significant impact on how well a team plays (or doesn't play). That even a tremendously talented team can't overcome bad/mediocre coaching or QB play anymore.

That's why I feel the Steelers, even with all their injuries and flaws, are still the main threat to the Ravens for the division.

Blog Entries
    Agree with those comments, hell, Marvin Lewis is the third best coach on his own team

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Agree with those comments, hell, Marvin Lewis is the third best coach on his own team
    Sorry in my opinion its not close. The steeler's culture of winning exudes from them. The Bengals really havnt done shit in decades.
    The Steelers are a more dangerous team! And by the way the Steelers beat us at home with their backup QB.

Good point. I wonder if the days of undefeated seasons are gone. Is that good or bad? It sure will make for more of an accomplishment that is for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by PerpetuallyBored74 View Post
    In this salary cap era, with the parity it produces, there's not much disparity in talent. So in this era, coaching and the QB have a significant impact on how well a team plays (or doesn't play). That even a tremendously talented team can't overcome bad/mediocre coaching or QB play anymore.

That's why I feel the Steelers, even with all their injuries and flaws, are still the main threat to the Ravens for the division.

Blog Entries

Steelers with a healthy Roethlisberger are right there with the Patriots and Broncos as the best in the AFC. The Bengals are not and until they show they can beat the Ravens and Steelers, they don't even deserve to be in the same conversation. Next two weeks are big for them. Bengals have given me no indication that if they make the playoffs, they won't go out in the same way they did last year - the only teams of note they've actually beaten this year have been the Giants and Redskins. If they get in as the 6, they'll likely play the Patriots or Broncos, and get destroyed.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Ha! Funny but so true.

Blog Entries

That's funny. You have to give Marvin credit though for picking up some pretty good coordinators. Gruden wasn't even in the NFL and he's comes in with all sort of new and creative ideas. That guy is going get a head coaching job eventually.