Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Don't be overly surprised if Kruger blows up from this point.

Paul Kruger had a real bad start to the year as a starter, and was being asked to do way too much for his skill set with nobody but a rookie and a ILB opposite him as a pass rusher. He was benched for Upshaw because of Upshaws run stopping ability, and now he's virtually rotating with everyone, and is starting most games. Kruger really had a great game against the Raiders, he had two sacks, and an interception. Those sort of numbers are reserved for the Jason Piere Paul's of the league, and I think there is a small chance that Kruger actually goes on and plays like that for the rest of the year, and really takes the league by notice, he could earn him self a respectable pay day in 2013 and may even get over paid by the likes of Indianapolis who are trying to build their 3-4 scheme under Pagano.

I honestly think Kruger is really starting to get it now, and we are going to need him to, because up to this point, we've had very poor production rushing the QB, and with Suggs getting back into things, we could finally have someone who can bring pressure opposite him on a consistent basis.

Re: Don't be overly surprised if Kruger blows up from this point.

Horses for courses. Against the right O-line, Kruger looks like a world-beater. Then he turns around and disappears the next game. I don't expect any consistency from him because he's just not that good.

Blog Entries

I hope we see his great hands this weekend when they go to the dump offs. Like he did against Dixon

Blog Entries

With Suggs back, he'll be in a similar role as last year. Which he was quite effective in. I don't mind that at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Horses for courses. Against the right O-line, Kruger looks like a world-beater. Then he turns around and disappears the next game. I don't expect any consistency from him because he's just not that good.
    The Raiders Oline had only allowed 14 sacks coming into this game. just saying....

Blog Entries

Given time, Upshaw is going to have people saying Kruger who?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    He has kind of already done that, but at this point Upshaw isn't going to give much as a pass rusher, which is what we need down the stretch. I think Upshaw is going to be a vital part of our defense for whatever run at the SB we have as a run defender, but Kruger can get to the QB.

I do think in time, Upshaw can become a productive pass rusher though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I think you're right. Some team is going to overpay Kruger next year but it won't be us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I think you're right. Some team is going to overpay Kruger next year but it won't be us.
    Agreed, that's why I'm saying he will play well down the stretch, and will attract a number of teams for next year, my first guess would be Indianapolis.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He has kind of already done that, but at this point Upshaw isn't going to give much as a pass rusher, which is what we need down the stretch. I think Upshaw is going to be a vital part of our defense for whatever run at the SB we have as a run defender, but Kruger can get to the QB.

I do think in time, Upshaw can become a productive pass rusher though.
    I think in time that will develop as well. I rather like the fact he plays the run well, too often rushers get blindsided by the run. Hopefully he'll be tossing linemen out of the way like that car in his commercial.

Blog Entries

Kruger is no longer being asked to stop the run. He got caught in a few run plays when the Raiders tried to stay committed to it, but Kruger is a situational pass rusher. That's it. I don't see him taking the league by storm. A guy who does that, to me, is a guy who does everything.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

This was Oakland we are talking about, teams had TEs blocking kruger one on one and made him a non factor, the sun gotta shine on a dog's ass at some point in time, but back as a situational player this will help out his skill set.