Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Injury News

You two negative Nancys spread that shit somewhere else. This an injury news thread!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Didn't they do that 2 weeks ago?
    He was cleared to practice at that point but was ineligible to play until this week. From the NY Times NFL blog last August:
    The new injured reserve rule will allow teams to bring back one player during the season if that player was put on injured reserve during the regular season. The player must have sustained a “major” injury – defined as missing at least six weeks. The player would have to be designated as eligible to return when he is placed on injured reserve. He can return to practice after six weeks and can be activated after eight weeks.
    It's not quite analogous to the regular season PUP rules--when you bring a player off the PUP list, you have a 3-week window to decide whether to add him to the 53-man roster or the IR list. Meantime he practices with the team but is otherwise in limbo. A player on short-term IR can continue to practice with the team even after he is eligible to be activated--in fact he could remain there for the rest of the season if the team chooses not to activate him
    Last edited by lobachevsky; 12-13-2012 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post
    I am curious on Jimmy Smith's recovery and I am hoping that the reason he has not been playing physical or great was because of him being injured. Almost through his second season, we need him to step up and be healthy.
    He has 5 career starts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    He has 5 career starts.
    And played in 22 with playoffs. Your point? He was a rookie who got hurt on special teams because Harbaugh wants to get our #1 draft pick killed on special teams as a gunner when there are plenty of other guys who have zero ability to be a shut down corner.

He played well in the playoffs.

I don't understand how people are getting on dude for being hurt. I saw his ankle get mauled in game #1 last year. That isn't a Dan Cody house of glass play, that was a legit injury.

This year he's had his ups and downs with injury , but you guys are crazy to think he is a bust.

Webb played in like 30 games up to this point in his career with playoffs, and has missed most of this year.

I think the problem is that when he's bad, he's REALLY bad. I know it was preseason, but when I think "Hey, how does first round pick Jimmy Smith play?" the first thing that comes to mind is Megatron treating him like a middle school kid on the field this year. I hope he makes a complete turnaround next season. Hopefully him and Webb are hanging out a lot and whatever Webb's got that Smith doesn't (ie MOTIVATION) rubs off.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata_Ate_My_Lunch View Post
    I think the problem is that when he's bad, he's REALLY bad. I know it was preseason, but when I think "Hey, how does first round pick Jimmy Smith play?" the first thing that comes to mind is Megatron treating him like a middle school kid on the field this year. I hope he makes a complete turnaround next season. Hopefully him and Webb are hanging out a lot and whatever Webb's got that Smith doesn't (ie MOTIVATION) rubs off.
    Gotta love baseless accusations of motivation issues when they don't have one bit of evidence to support their claim.

Blog Entries

damn don't tell me leach is gonna be out too???

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Art View Post
    I think we can just about declare jimmy smith a bust. He can't stay healthy.
    I think you're way too early with this kind of post. The guy is only in his 2nd season, and has shown some signs of promise. A "bust" ? Man, did you tell your children that when they couldn't do math by the age of three? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    And played in 22 with playoffs. Your point? He was a rookie who got hurt on special teams because Harbaugh wants to get our #1 draft pick killed on special teams as a gunner when there are plenty of other guys who have zero ability to be a shut down corner.

He played well in the playoffs.

I don't understand how people are getting on dude for being hurt. I saw his ankle get mauled in game #1 last year. That isn't a Dan Cody house of glass play, that was a legit injury.

This year he's had his ups and downs with injury , but you guys are crazy to think he is a bust.

Webb played in like 30 games up to this point in his career with playoffs, and has missed most of this year.
    ...im completely on your side?

That was my point. Hes had 5 career starts, how he can be considered a bust is beyond me. Especially when he made the play of the playoffs last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    damn don't tell me leach is gonna be out too???
    I know he did not practice but I say he plays, he finished the game last week and is a veteran and plays a position that can allow for missing practice during a week and still playing. Its not like he is a young player most vets can miss a week of practice and still play that sunday. Mason did it all the time so has Ed Reed and I believe Yanda.

he hurt his ankle, they want to give him as much rest as they can.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by landspeed View Post
    ...im completely on your side?

That was my point. Hes had 5 career starts, how he can be considered a bust is beyond me. Especially when he made the play of the playoffs last season.
    Your reply was a little less than robust. Could have been taken either way ;) Sorry man, no friendly fire here!

iggyman555 Guest

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Terrell Suggs (biceps), Ray Lewis (triceps) and Dannell Ellerbe (ankle, foot) practicing again
    Expand
    1h Aaron Wilson Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Vonta Leach (ankle) and Pernell McPhee (groin) return to practice.
    Expand

If Bernard Pollard can't go, James Ihedigbo would star in his place at strong safety
    Expand

Marshal Yanda (ankle) and Bernard Pollard (ribs) not practicing for third day. Yanda definitely won't play. Pollard is a question mark
    Expand