Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Good stuff from Greg Cosell on Cam after his dismissal

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    People keep saying over and over that Joe is no Peyton or Brady, or hell even Eli. But I think he could be a Jim Kelley in my book, which would be awesome.
    I truly believe that, i think he's shown flashes of being able to do the things from a cerebral standpoint to win it all. He's won some big games where he's done the leg work to do so. Now it seems he'll have his opportunity to have the freedom to impact the game the way his peers have been able to and have a fighting chance in being consistently productive (No huddle, short passing game, etc.) Im really looking forward to see how he responds on Sunday. My only concern with him short term is the fact that he's not use to quicker developing plays and routes so he's really gonna have to pull the trigger on some of these throws and recognize things quickly. He's done it before but i'd imagine he's gonna have to do it much more often then he's accustomed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Jim Kelley is a hall of fame player. I'd aim a lot lower than that. Joe reminds me of Boomer Esiason who did win the MVP.
    I said could be. Joe runs the no huddle like Kelley did the K-gun. Boomer was a side arm hurry-up offense that tried to get penalties. He was more of a game manager than a slinger in my opinion. Joe has a cannon and fits the style of Kelley WAY more than Boomer. Matt Schaub is more of a Boomer to me.

Jim Kelley is a hall of fame player. I'd aim a lot lower than that. Joe reminds me of Boomer Esiason who did win the MVP.
    I get your point but we are in a different era, crazy stat...Troy Aikman only passed for more then 20 TD's once in his entire career, he's a hall of famer but in this day of age they'd probably put him in Matt Schaub's echelon.

Jim Everett.

You are saying Flacco reminds you of Jim Everett? That is a huge stretch.
    Flacco already has 53 wins and 14 game winning drives in his 4.75 years in the league. Jim Everett had 64 wins and 15 game winning drives his entire 12 year career. Everett had 1 playoff win his whole career too. Joe already has 5. The only comparison between the 2 is, they are white males, right handed, play(ed) QB, and are both tall.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Jim Everett.
    So if Jim Rome ever interviews Flacco, we should make sure he doesn't ask him about being an elite QB, or this will happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    So if Jim Rome ever interviews Flacco, we should make sure he doesn't ask him about being an elite QB, or this will happen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8
    Lol. that's the first thing I thought of when I read Jim Everett.

Jim Kelly?

Really?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Jim Kelly?

Really?
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt