Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Tagliabue vacates all player discipline

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Disagree. The game has gotten too violent along with shady coaching practices which promote violence. The players should not emulate gladiators. I am impressed with what Goodell has accomplished thus far.
    The game has been violent since its inception. Just like hockey, boxing, and other contact sports. Watched a rugby game last week, now thats a violent,crazy sport. Contact sports are going to produce injuries that definitely will cause long term problems for those who chose these occupations. ',m not impressed with goodell because he has his hand in upsetting the fan base that supports the NFL. It's all about money(the strike) and the players deserve whatever they can get because of the hard hits they take. It's meant to have hard hitting and it needs to be supplied with better equipment to protect the players at all costs. But football is a violent game will continue to be until goodell turns it into touch football.See what happens to the fan base when that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Wonder how many of those dead ones would still be alive today if they had been protected from head trauma like today's players will be.

Meh who cares! Let 'em die young and demented! I want to see some HITS /sarcasm.
    Not wanting to see anyone die for whatever reason, but football is what players choose to do. Hate to see children die early at the hands of predators, bad parents, and religions that muder them for whatever reason.. Hell, deaths from vehicle accidents are up there too. There is only so much that can be done to prevent deaths for everyone that deals with professions that involve violence. Can't tell me the dline and oline don't take some serious blows to the head during the game.It's football and anything less the tackling the guy with the ballwith all you have is changing the game. Love the new commercials about teaching the right and wrong way to tackle(thats part of what the game needs).

Wonder how many of those dead ones would still be alive today if they had been protected from head trauma like today's players will be.

Meh who cares! Let 'em die young and demented! I want to see some HITS /sarcasm.
    The mindset sure sounds familiar......

“Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Go figure.

Tagliabue should also "vacate" Goodells position. Hes single handedly ruining the game of football.

I get it, blah blah player safety, theyre being sued, etc etc. There are plenty other ways to go about it.

Like starting off with a fair fining system.

It should be a percentage of your game check, not a set figure.

Blog Entries

Their still claiming to have evidence, now saying fujita ia innocent however, so why let them off the hook. Imo, they still have nothing and this is the best way for them to save face while still not admitting they were wrong.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    it's all of the lawsuits that have forced Goodell's hand on these rules IMO. And Vilma is proceeding with his defamation suit against Goodell even after this ruling.
    Agreed.

You can't talk player safety in one speech then sit by and do nothing when bounties start getting out of hand and discovered.

I'm sick of seatbelt laws and all the other pussy driving "rules" these days. They pussify driving. People drove just fine without seatbelts for years, and it's not like seatbelts are preventing 100% of car accident deaths anyway.

People know the risks of driving when they get on the road. The government punishing drivers for speeding or drunk driving isn't going to make driving 100% safe, and targeting those guys while at the same time building new roads and expanding our existing roads is just hypocrisy.

I want old school driving. Not this pansy shit. Might as well just put everyone in electric bumper cars.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

I'm sick of seatbelt laws and all the other pussy driving "rules" these days. They pussify driving. People drove just fine without seatbelts for years, and it's not like seatbelts are preventing 100% of car accident deaths anyway.

People know the risks of driving when they get on the road. The government punishing drivers for speeding or drunk driving isn't going to make driving 100% safe, and targeting those guys while at the same time building new roads and expanding our existing roads is just hypocrisy.

I want old school driving. Not this pansy shit. Might as well just put everyone in electric bumper cars.
    You are ridiculous. Fundamentally changing a GAME and turning it into something it was never intended to be is not akin to changing automobile driving laws. Talk about apples to oranges. I get it, you are the NEW Modern thinker and the purists are draconian idiots. Go with that if it makes you feel better. You and the soccer mom's that don't like all that icky hitting can get together and watch on Sundays in your pink jerseys. LOL.

Hey while you are at it, why don't you have boxing stop hitting each other? They could just box each others shadows, so no one gets hurt. Those guys don't know that they are potentially shortening their lives for the possible glory they will receive from competing and winning... then we can talk about making soccer balls softer. All that heading the ball and kicking real hard could cause someone to have a limp.

9. Re: Tagliabue vacates all player discipline

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    You are ridiculous. Fundamentally changing a GAME and turning it into something it was never intended to be is not akin to changing automobile driving laws. Talk about apples to oranges. I get it, you are the NEW Modern thinker and the purists are draconian idiots. Go with that if it makes you feel better. You and the soccer mom's that don't like all that icky hitting can get together and watch on Sundays in your pink jerseys. LOL.

Hey while you are at it, why don't you have boxing stop hitting each other? They could just box each others shadows, so no one gets hurt. Those guys don't know that they are potentially shortening their lives for the possible glory they will receive from competing and winning... then we can talk about making soccer balls softer. All that heading the ball and kicking real hard could cause someone to have a limp.
    booyahh. Great post. I enjoyed the boxing analogy. There is only so much you can do until it is no longer the same sport at all. These are grown men playing a violent game. They (now) know what they are getting into. I've told friends before, the day they eliminate kickoffs due to safety concerns, is the day I'm done with the NFL. Maybe I'll start watching rugby.