Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Baltimore Ravens need to be build around Joe Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Does it matter?

It is a symbiotic relationship.

A stout OL gives the QB time, which gives the receivers time to get open. If the receivers get open quickly, then the QB can get the ball out quicker, so the OL doesn't have to sustain blocks for as long. If the QB gets the ball out quicker, then the receivers have more opportunities to make a play after the catch because the defensive players are still reacting.

Everything effects everything.

Brady is VERY good at getting the ball out quickly, but for many, many, many years he rarely got touched and it didn't matter how long he held onto the ball. In fact, the first time they played the Giants in the SB that was one of the biggest reasons why Brady looked so uncomfortable. He couldn't get the ball out at all because the Giants' DL was all over him.

I don't think Flacco is ever going to be a Brady or a Peyton, but he doesn't have to be...and I don't think you'd disagree with that either. Flacco is good enough to build an offense around and he is good enough to win a SB. He's led this team back several times from deficits to win games, he's played extremely well in the spotlight, and he's functioned far better in Cam's system than a lot of other QB's have.

If the Ravens run a balanced offense and use Rice properly, then the routes will open up. Flacco can get the ball out quickly, but it is hard to get the ball out quickly when your primary receivers are running go routes and can't get open.
    It matters a lot, because Flacco cannot do what Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc, can do. That is not an indictment of Flacco, it is just stating a fact that he isn't as good a player as they are. The Patriots and Colts could go cheap in other areas to compensate for what they were paying their QB, because their QBs could make up for those deficiencies by their superior play. I don't think Flacco is good enough to make up for a bad defense or bad OL because their isn't enough cap space to get quality players in those areas because of what they are paying Flacco. It is very tough to have a balanced team when you are paying your QB $100+ million and also paying your RB big money as well. Let's see what the Ravens do. I have nothing to base this on, but I have a feeling that Bisciotti is going to surprise a lot of people with the decision he makes regarding Flacco and Harbaugh over the next year. I don't think he is anywhere near as attached to them as some posters think he is.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It's no coincidence that the Ravens have been winning since Flacco was drafted. I'm not saying he's the sole reason, but he's been a big part. Having a stability at the QB position is huge in the NFL. Look at the Jets this year. Their defense fell apart and now Sanchez was exposed. The Ravens defense has been terrible, and they are still on pace to win their division.
    Agreed. But Flacco hasn't been making huge money either as the #18 pick on his rookie contract. That has left enough money for the Ravens to pay other high quality players. That will change if the Ravens pay him what he wants, and then the question will be is he good enough to compensate for the lack of quality talent elsewhere.

They have built the team around/for Joe to succeed!! The problem is, Cam didn't know how to properly use the talent!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    It matters a lot, because Flacco cannot do what Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc, can do. That is not an indictment of Flacco, it is just stating a fact that he isn't as good a player as they are. The Patriots and Colts could go cheap in other areas to compensate for what they were paying their QB, because their QBs could make up for those deficiencies by their superior play. I don't think Flacco is good enough to make up for a bad defense or bad OL because their isn't enough cap space to get quality players in those areas because of what they are paying Flacco. It is very tough to have a balanced team when you are paying your QB $100+ million and also paying your RB big money as well. Let's see what the Ravens do. I have nothing to base this on, but I have a feeling that Bisciotti is going to suprise a lot of people with the decision he makes regarding Flacco and Harbaugh over the next year. I don't think he is anywhere near as attached to them as some posters think he is.
    Well Buscuit is a pretty smart guy. Look at the Redskins for example. How many QB's have they had since they won the last superbowl??? RG3 maybe the anwser. But we have yet to see a QB like that become a superbowl QB.

Joe is by far the best QB that this team has EVER had. Most QB's do not become really good till after 5 years.

Have you ever watched Joe Flacco's videos from delaware???

Some of the throws he makes are ones he made in the first couple years here. But they have not been so much anymore. It had to do with the system. Look at the highlight reels of 2009 2010 2011 of Joe. When he had more than 2 seconds in the pocket the deep balls were getting there. Also look at alot of the big plays were over the middle. hmmmmmm

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Blog Entries

It matters a lot, because Flacco cannot do what Brady, Manning, Rodgers, etc, can do. That is not an indictment of Flacco, it is just stating a fact that he isn't as good a player as they are. The Patriots and Colts could go cheap in other areas to compensate for what they were paying their QB, because their QBs could make up for those deficiencies by their superior play. I don't think Flacco is good enough to make up for a bad defense or bad OL because their isn't enough cap space to get quality players in those areas because of what they are paying Flacco. It is very tough to have a balanced team when you are paying your QB $100+ million and also paying your RB big money as well. Let's see what the Ravens do. I have nothing to base this on, but I have a feeling that Bisciotti is going to surprise a lot of people with the decision he makes regarding Flacco and Harbaugh over the next year. I don't think he is anywhere near as attached to them as some posters think he is.
    :word

Blog Entries

If folks would quit trying to compare Flacco to some of the greatest QB's in the past decade, they'd probably realize that Flacco is pretty good and can get a lot better.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I have a feeling that Bisciotti is going to surprise a lot of people with the decision he makes regarding Flacco and Harbaugh over the next year. I don't think he is anywhere near as attached to them as some posters think he is.
    If you think that Bisciotti is willing to let Flacco walk then I don't know what to really tell you.

Teams don't let potential franchise QB's walk. It just doesn't happen. It is SO difficult to find quality QB play through the draft and guys that are free agents aren't very good.

I too think Bisciotti and Ozzie will surprise some people, but it will be through cutting guys like Vontae Leach, Anquan Boldin, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Jacoby Jones, etc.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

If you think that Bisciotti is willing to let Flacco walk then I don't know what to really tell you.

Teams don't let potential franchise QB's walk. It just doesn't happen. It is SO difficult to find quality QB play through the draft and guys that are free agents aren't very good.

I too think Bisciotti and Ozzie will surprise some people, but it will be through cutting guys like Vontae Leach, Anquan Boldin, Ed Reed, Ray Lewis, Jacoby Jones, etc.
    If those guys walk, we'll be in rebuild mode next year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Well Buscuit is a pretty smart guy. Look at the Redskins for example. How many QB's have they had since they won the last superbowl??? RG3 maybe the anwser. But we have yet to see a QB like that become a superbowl QB.

Joe is by far the best QB that this team has EVER had. Most QB's do not become really good till after 5 years.

Have you ever watched Joe Flacco's videos from delaware???

Some of the throws he makes are ones he made in the first couple years here. But they have not been so much anymore. It had to do with the system. Look at the highlight reels of 2009 2010 2011 of Joe. When he had more than 2 seconds in the pocket the deep balls were getting there. Also look at alot of the big plays were over the middle. hmmmmmm

I have stated over and over again that I think Flacco is a very good QB. I don't need to look at film from when he was at Delaware, because he is in his 5th season in the NFL. That's not the question. The question is how much of the overall cap can the Ravens allocate to Flacco, and still have enough money to get the other pieces that they need for the team to be successful.

Blog Entries

Bisciotti is not going to let Flacco walk and get nothing in return. But he might franchise Flacco and then trade him if Flacco will not agree to what Bisciotti/Ozzie feel is a reasonable contract. That would be in line with their right player/right price philosophy. If the Ravens cut all of those guys so that they can pay Flacco, is Flacco good enough to compensate for those losses?

Blog Entries

If folks would quit trying to compare Flacco to some of the greatest QB's in the past decade, they'd probably realize that Flacco is pretty good and can get a lot better.
    The ONLY reason I am comparing Flacco to those QBs is because he wants to be paid like them.

When the season started and we ran alot more no huddle people raved about our weapons but when Cam squashed the no huddle we all of a sudden dont have weapons or they're overrated? I dont get it.

We have a good QB and we have enough weapons to be a top 10 offense if we 1. go back to utilizing the no huddle 2. utilize the short passing game more, thus improving our 3rd conversion rate 3. communicate and adjust better in game. From the outside looking in it seems Caldwell was named the OC because they believe he can implement these things. Joe seemingly will have the freedom now, we have weapons now its on them to collectively get it done. I think they will, im a lot more confident in our chances this year and going forward but at least for this year the offense has to drive the car. They need to put up points, which they've done for the most part but we have to control time of possession to win it all.