Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Media Crowning Patriots Again

The Patriots also get slammed when they lose a Super Bowl that they are favored to win. The media goes which ever way the wins go.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    thats bs. i watched the game, the pats had control of it for the most part, but gave up a late fg to make it a 7 point game. it wasnt as close as the score says
    That game was close the majority of the way. Either way, beating the Dolphins by 10 or 7 doesn't make you look like world beaters.

And my point anyway, is yes you beat the TExans by 28 one week and beat the Dolphins by 7 the week before - "it's a week to week league"
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That game was close the majority of the way. Either way, beating the Dolphins by 10 or 7 doesn't make you look like world beaters.

And my point anyway, is yes you beat the TExans by 28 one week and beat the Dolphins by 7 the week before - "it's a week to week league"
    did you watch it? Pats scored on first two possessions and never looked back. Houston was never in it
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Yes, I understand where you are coming from, but after all Miami is a division rival.
    And those games tend to be closer for the most part due to the familiarity of the opponent and the bad blood.
    And I actualy agree at this point that the Pats look like they are peaking even without their monster TE.
    Everything is working for them including their defense.
    They have shored up the backend of the defense, too.

Blog Entries

say what you want bout the pats that bilecheck is one helluva coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    did you watch it? Pats scored on first two possessions and never looked back. Houston was never in it
    We're talking about Miami
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    say what you want bout the pats that Belicheat is one helluva coach.
    corrected it for you

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens44 View Post
    Yes, I understand where you are coming from, but after all Miami is a division rival.
    And those games tend to be closer for the most part due to the familiarity of the opponent and the bad blood.
    And I actualy agree at this point that the Pats look like they are peaking even without their monster TE.
    Everything is working for them including their defense.
    They have shored up the backend of the defense, too.
    We've seen this from the before... say for about the last 5 years, 20-0 at home in December.

And something crazy like 17-1 over the past 3 years (I think) in December.

They're good no doubt, but teams this league is so different than it used to be. Stomping the Texans doesn't mean they can beat everyone now. I think they may be the best team, by default, in the AFC right now. But that could change next week.

Blog Entries

We're talking about Miami
    that was the first game Brady has ever won at Miami (I think).
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It amazes me that some Ravens fans, of all people, won't let Belichick live down his one transgression, all the while say nothing about the half dozen or so players the Ravens have had, whose one transgression was far worse than cheating on football games.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    It amazes me that some Ravens fans, of all people, won't let Belichick live down his one transgression, all the while say nothing about the half dozen or so players the Ravens have had, whose one transgression was far worse than cheating on football games.
    Dude, he cheated, at football. The evidence was destroyed. If he was on the Saints he'd be out of the league.

Dude, he cheated, at football. The evidence was destroyed. If he was on the Saints he'd be out of the league.
    He was caught and paid the penalty.

He didn't destroy the evidence, the league did.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He was caught and paid the penalty.

He didn't destroy the evidence, the league did.
    I know the league did. I am not sure how you feel about, but the league destroying it, tells me their is/was some pretty damning stuff on there.

Seriously though, if this happened now, he'd be out of the league. Just look at the bounty scandal. Whether you agree with the punishment there or not, these two offenses are easily on the same level.

Quote Originally Posted by LC_Ravens_87 View Post
    Wouldn't you...Belichick has got that defense clicking finally and they are running it this year like they haven't for several seasons. And last night was without their most dynamic offensive skill player on the field.

Find the weakness
    Same as always. Disrupt the timing by jamming the receivers at the line and pressure Brady. Hard to do for four quarters but it happens, usually at the worst time for the Patriots in the playoffs. Every season the Patriots are called unstoppable and yet someone steps up and whips them.

I know the league did. I am not sure how you feel about, but the league destroying it, tells me their is/was some pretty damning stuff on there.

Seriously though, if this happened now, he'd be out of the league. Just look at the bounty scandal. Whether you agree with the punishment there or not, these two offenses are easily on the same level.
    I'm sorry but video taping signals is not on par with a pay-to-injure scheme amongst players and coaches.

Nobody got hurt when Bilichick and his video cronies video taped signals but there is strong evidence to support people actually getting injured from the Saints nonsense (i.e. Farve).

And that's wasn't my point to start with anyway. It's slightly hypocritical when some Ravens fans call him a cheater to this day who are, all the while, mum about a player like Suggs who beat the tar out of some dude with a pipe.

If you're going to be forgiving, at least do so minus the purple glasses. That was my point.