Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Cams protection packages in the second half got him fired according to Preston and Harbaugh.

Empty backfeild on 3rd and 5 at the 13 with 5 blockers, stupid! Caused Flacco to hurry throw that caused INT. When I saw that play design I knew it was destined to fail. When you have your RB split FAR Right and no blockers of course they will blitz, 6 rushers to 5 blockers, will force a hurried throw or sack. I cant beleive a NFL OC would call that formation.

Re: Cams protection packages in the second half got him fired according to Preston and Harbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Empty backfeild on 3rd and 5 at the 13 with 5 blockers, stupid! Caused Flacco to hurry throw that caused INT. When I saw that play design I knew it was destined to fail. When you have your RB split FAR Right and no blockers of course they will blitz, 6 rushers to 5 blockers, will force a hurried throw or sack. I cant beleive a NFL OC would call that formation.
    Do you have a citation for this, or just the latest speculative article on baltimoresun.com from Preston?

Re: Cams protection packages in the second half got him fired according to Preston and Harbaugh.

According to Harbaugh? Yeah, no. Harbaugh has said nothing of the sort. And if Preston said that, he's speculating just like the rest of us.

AW said something to this effect, but I wouldn't buy anything Preston is saying without someone confirming it.

This is funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    And I can't believe an NFL QB would run it. Yeah, I think this kind of play calling did play into his firing. I mean how many times can you look past this? It happened last year in a crucial game against Pitt. At the same time I think Joe has to be held somewhat accountable for that.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries
    Ricky Proehl would've checked into another formation or called a TO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    And I can't believe an NFL QB would run it. Yeah, I think this kind of play calling did play into his firing. I mean how many times can you look past this? It happened last year in a crucial game against Pitt. At the same time I think Joe has to be held somewhat accountable for that.
    I think Joe is just fed up and in no man's land. If he just bury's the ball in the dirt he gets the blame. If he tries to make a play out of it something bad can happen. He was hit within a second or so of getting the ball out. That is a formation you never see, not in college or any level. I coached defensive football for almost 10 years. You never see that. Why put Rice a yard from the sideline anyway? Is he a big target, do you think you will have time to drag him accross the middle? A wasted man who is the best player on your team.

This thread is some bull...

Quote Originally Posted by Whitty Hutton View Post
    This thread is some bull...
    I dont know you sir, but you have a very low football IQ. The game announcers mentioned it, Preston and HIS SOURCES, whoever they may be announced it. I pointed it out YESTERDAY. Now I have heard Aaron Wilson has now mentioned it, but I have not heard that first hand. 2 games IN A ROW lost because of protection issues, strip sacks and forced INT's all with leads. Protect the damn ball when leading.

Plenty of NFL teams go 5 wide plenty of times.

I have no problem questioning the formation at that point of the game, or whether we/Joe can handle it, or the purpose of spreading Rice so wide, etc, but to pretend that 5 wide is something that never happens in the NFL is nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Plenty of NFL teams go 5 wide plenty of times.

I have no problem questioning the formation at that point of the game, or whether we/Joe can handle it, or the purpose of spreading Rice so wide, etc, but to pretend that 5 wide is something that never happens in the NFL is nonsense.
    Yes, but usually with a larger field, not in redzone. It is too easy to jump the route and get a pick six and the safeties and cb's are closer because of the EZ. I coached Db's at Colorado State and University of Colorado for almost 10 years til Barnett stuck his foot in his mouth.