Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Cams protection packages in the second half got him fired according to Preston and Harbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Off the top of my head i remember them running the same formation in week one against the steelers last year. They were in the RZ and the result was a Rice TD. Im not defending Cameeon, just pointing out that they have had success with it before.
    Yes I do remember that play, I nearly fell out of my seat. Mckinney gave Joe time and he pumped to Rice in the flat. He wasnt set as wide as yesterday.

Blog Entries

Re: Cams protection packages in the second half got him fired according to Preston and Harbaugh.

Boulderraven is right. Rice wasn't set out as wide on that play last year.

Yes, we have seen teams line up in that formation in the red zone. However, if anything, it's for one of those quick screens to Wes Welker that the Patriots run. It is usually for something quick. If they had Torrey lined up in the slot and shot him on a quick crossing route, it would have been different. They didn't. Rice was the closest option and it even took him a minute to get to where Joe wanted him to be.

Yes, Joe could have let go of the ball earlier, but even if Rice catches it, they are short of the first.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Plenty of NFL teams go 5 wide plenty of times.
    but do they have all their receivers run 30 yards down field in that situation?

agreed that 5 wide is a basic NFL formation that all or at least most teams employ at some point.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Perhaps having 5 blockers works in practice with Pees rushing 3 guys all the time.
    winner.

Anyone notice how quickly Brady got rid of the ball last night? You couldn't count to two before it was gone

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

So one play got the OC fired? Right.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    winner.

Anyone notice how quickly Brady got rid of the ball last night? You couldn't count to two before it was gone
    The coaches there get it. Design plays that keeps your QB upright and you will succeed. Hopefully Caldwell gets it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Can only force that square peg into a round hole so many times though. Flacco isn't Brady. Hell, Brady wasn't this version of Brady in his 5th year.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    No, but in the second half Cam's protection packages cost the Ravens at minimum 6 points in the #3rd Quarter. That resulted in a loss. That was just one obvious poor play design. Two turnovers in Redskin territory in the 3rd Q was essentially where the game was lost. Also in prior weeks Sd, Pitt his protection schemes were also poor. Remember if not for a miracle comeback in SD this is a 3 game losing streak. Cameron never adjusts but the opponet does. It doesnt take much for opposing defenses to figure the Ravens out. It's like the Bob Wade days at Maryland, teams didnt even scout MD cause they knew thier offense and defense the second time around. Those turnovers cost Cam his job in back to back weeks. They should have won both the last 2 games. Rumor is they wanted to replace him after the WIN in Pittsburgh.
    They barely beat SD and Pitt two pretty bad teams when our defense was playing well. He also abandoned the sugar huddle designed for Joe for some reason, which gives Joe more options and decision time.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    no, but the radio speculation, was that he was told repeatedly to give Flacco more blockers and chose not to, at the detriment of the team.

Laquan Williams on the Bernard Pollard show was characterizing Cam as a control freak, that was stubborn as could be. It sort of fed back into the old argument about if Flacco is EVEN ALLOWED to check off a play. He was basically saying matter of factly that Cladwell will empower Flacco to make more choices, adjustments and check offs at the line.

It makes sense to me. When i watch the Ravens play, I see Cam's playcalling as VERY stubborn in nature. It seems he draws up a game plan and sticks to it, NO MATTER WHAT, as if he knows it will work at some point. The definition of insanity is tryin ghte same thing over and ovr and expecting different results.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    I dont know you sir, but you have a very low football IQ. The game announcers mentioned it, Preston and HIS SOURCES, whoever they may be announced it. I pointed it out YESTERDAY. Now I have heard Aaron Wilson has now mentioned it, but I have not heard that first hand. 2 games IN A ROW lost because of protection issues, strip sacks and forced INT's all with leads. Protect the damn ball when leading.
    If it was Preston and Wilson why is Harbaugh's name in the thread title?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    If it was Preston and Wilson why is Harbaugh's name in the thread title?
    LOL. Good Catch..Didn't even notice it.

I agree, that play call on 3rd down was atrocious for that point of the game. Now that Cam's gone (Christmas came early), my biggest concern is Joe's internal clock and awareness to certain situations on specific defensive looks. Its simple math really, 5 on the O-line, 6 to 7 players around the LOS in a 5 wide set. He has to realize that there is a 100% chance there will be contact on him this play and that he has about 2 seconds at most to get this play off. Furthermore, the pressure came from his field of vision, which makes me question his overall ability to catalog/decipher simple situations such as this one. Was it the best call, no, but he doesn't do himself any favors by looking like he has no idea that he is going to get hit.