Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 16171819 LastLast

Re: Game Thread -- Texans @ Patriots (Keeping an Eye on the Playoff Competition)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    New England teed themselves up for the #1 seed again. I think they win out.. and I think Houston loses one more. The road to the SB is going to go through NE again.
    and the sad thing is, out of all the teams in the AFC we have stacked up best against them. Neither the Broncos, Colts, or Texans could get it done in the regular season although we didnt have to go to foxboro this year. still, i dont think we'd get blown out like this...

Re: Game Thread -- Texans @ Patriots (Keeping an Eye on the Playoff Competition)

Hate to be the pessimist but at this point, from what we've seen of our Ravens, I don't see them going into Foxborough and leaving with a, 'W' - if we played them in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I understand the logic, and probably the safe call, to remove your starters, but this is sending the wrong message to the team by letting the Patriots steam-roll them like this on national TV.
    A few years ago, in a meaningless game vs Houston Belicheat left his starters in and Woelker blew out his ACL for the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    A few years ago, in a meaningless game vs Houston Belicheat left his starters in and Woelker blew out his ACL for the playoffs.
    And I honestly don't think he cares...that sends a message to the team as well.

By the way, I bet that "signature win" the Texans had agains the Ravens seems like about 18 years ago to Texans fans.

oooh yeah, i remember that game and he was trying to get away from Pollard right? same season rice went beast mode on them in the playoffs. anyway, I just noticed something...the Ravens are the ONLY AFC team that the patriots lost to this year. That is crazy!

A few weeks ago, Belicheat left his starters well into the 4th qtr, all the while up by 30+ points, and Gronkowski broke his forearm.

I said about 100 posts back that this had 42-14 written all over it..

The Pats did their part.. But I don't think the Texans are getting past 7.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    New England teed themselves up for the #1 seed again. I think they win out.. and I think Houston loses one more. The road to the SB is going to go through NE again.
    Yes, and that stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    oooh yeah, i remember that game and he was trying to get away from Pollard right? same season rice went beast mode on them in the playoffs. anyway, I just noticed something...the Ravens are the ONLY AFC team that the patriots lost to this year. That is crazy!
    Yep. And the Ravens beat them at their own game: up tempo offense.

That seems like a long time ago, too.

Blog Entries

The truly unnerving thing is that Indianapolis is now in control of its own destiny, with both its games vs Houston remaining (sandwiching a trip to KC). Win out & they take the AFC South--& the mighty Texans fall to the #5 seed & in all probability come to M&T on Wild Card Weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    The truly unnerving thing is that Indianapolis is now in control of its own destiny, with both its games vs Houston remaining (sandwiching a trip to KC). Win out & they take the AFC South--& the mighty Texans fall to the #5 seed & in all probability come to M&T on Wild Card Weekend.
    But if Ravens win out they are 2 seed.