Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: Game Thread -- Texans @ Patriots (Keeping an Eye on the Playoff Competition)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Years? Really?

Got proof?
    Even if I didn't, if you cheat once, you are a cheater.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Even if I didn't, if you cheat once, you are a cheater.
    Purple glasses then.

Got it.

Re: Game Thread -- Texans @ Patriots (Keeping an Eye on the Playoff Competition)

Schuab just looks uncomfortable. Not very good tonight.

On another note, I am tired of the Patriots being so good. I will be happy when Brady retires and Belichek decides to step away. I can't enjoy how great they are from a football standpoint when I dislike Brady so much personally.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Schaub looks very pedestrian tonight.

Happy feet, throwing into coverage, etc.
    I'll say it again.. The Texans need a signature win that they don't have as a franchise. And Schaub needs one particularly. He still hasn't won a playoff game, has he? No, they got their lone playoff win last year with a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    First, I am commenting on this game, and this game only (hence, the "Game Thread"). Second, I am pretty sure any substances being used by the Patriots are being used by the Ravens.
    Both of these points mean nothing. If I go on the first point, why don't we call Matt Schaub a pedestrian QB with no future? If I go on the second point, show me what Ravens players are using what substances, since you are "sure."
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

[QUOTE=Haloti92;534395]Well this game ended fast. I wonder if Houston will choke away the #1 seed to the Patriots. Looks likely. Might depend on the whether the last game of the season means anything to the Colts.[/QUOT

They have to beat the Colts period. If the Colts sweep them, then Houston is WC. Could happen.

Blog Entries

Shaub making his best impression of bad Flacco. Even the dear in the highlights visage.

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Opening day vs Pittsburgh last year.
    And exactly what was at stake in week 1? I am not discounting that win...it was impressive...but just didn't have the feel of playoff implications riding on it.

Love to see Colts sweep Texans, they will have thier handsfull with Luck.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Both of these points mean nothing. If I go on the first point, why don't we call Matt Schaub a pedestrian QB with no future? If I go on the second point, show me what Ravens players are using what substances, since you are "sure."
    Ok...I'll play. Schaub, in a game he (and the entire Texans team) needs to step-up in, does look very pedestrian. Heck...I give Flacco a lot of grief..but in a game that had 10x more pressure, in Foxboro, he stepped up. Schaub? Whether he is pedestrian or not, this game is taking him that much closer to one of those ends of the spectrum.

And my comment on substances was that I don't think the Patriots are getting away with anything that other teams are nor getting away with...maybe they just got unlucky and got caught. Proof? Sure, I'll be right back with it....
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 12-10-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    And exactly what was at stake in week 1? I am not discounting that win...it was impressive...but just didn't have the feel of playoff implications riding on it.
    Ummm. Losing to them in the playoffs the year before. Beating them meant taking 1 game lead and tiebreaker. Both teams went 12-4 last year. I did. Lose that game and then have to go to Pittsburgh down a game and a tiebreaker is very uphill. You aren't serious are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    Shaub making his best impression of bad Flacco. Even the dear in the highlights visage.
    My wife said the same thing at the half.

Schaub had that mouth agape look that Flacco gets sometimes.