Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Flacco is the new OC, not Caldwell

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    why didn't he change the play on a couple of those yesterday when it was clear the D had the numbers? Not sure he has that great of a pre-snap recognition but I guess we'll find out
    just for the record. He audible for boldins second touchdown pass..

And again for the record, watch his presser, he knew the pressure was coming, even said its a easy play. Just didnt get it away.

Joe's head is not on a swivel. Troy's strip sack last year, now sunday, two skins' on his left like Troy with nobody there to block them. Look, I'm no Joe basher, but not being able to see the obvious, not being able to see the defenders, some of this is on Joe. Cams gone. Joe's head is not on a swivel - now, the Cam excuse is gone. Put up or shut up. - Gonz

3. Re: Flacco is the new OC, not Caldwell

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Hilarious comment that is 95 % likely far from the truth lol, but in theory it would kind of make sense I guess. I very much doubt Joe would do that though.
    Aaron Wilson said on 105.7 The Fan, that there were numerous blow-ups between Cam and Joe. I really think and believe Joe didn't like a lot of Cam's plays from the way he looked to the sidelines as plays were being called into him. Change can be good or bad, we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    Aaron Wilson said on 105.7 The Fan, that there were numerous blow-ups between Cam and Joe. I really think and believe Joe didn't like a lot of Cam's plays from the way he looked to the sidelines as plays were being called into him. Change can be good or bad, we'll see.
    I can't say this with 100% certainty but I do think Joe was worn down by Cam and that could have been impacting his focus at times. There are going to be disagreements between coaches and players but it's very important to actually enjoy working with your offensive coordinator instead of going through the motions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I can't say this with 100% certainty but I do think Joe was worn down by Cam and that could have been impacting his focus at times. There are going to be disagreements between coaches and players but it's very important to actually enjoy working with your offensive coordinator instead of going through the motions.
    I'll never forget the sideline interview with Aaron Rodgers following their Super Bowl victory over the Steelers. The first thing he said was that he was going to get with his offensive coordinator during the offseason in effort to improve his game. That was telling. Flacco and Cam never had that kind of relationship, and the Ravens should have tried to fix it early on instead of forcing the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I'll never forget the sideline interview with Aaron Rodgers following their Super Bowl victory over the Steelers. The first thing he said was that he was going to get with his offensive coordinator during the offseason in effort to improve his game. That was telling. Flacco and Cam never had that kind of relationship, and the Ravens should have tried to fix it early on instead of forcing the issue.
    The Ravens should have done this a lot sooner, Flacco and Cameron never developed a true bond. Cameron is not the type of coach you run through a wall for, the Ravens always had that type of coach on defense and we know the results. Caldwell works well with others and isn't trying to boost his ego or resume, he's a true Tony Dungy disciple.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't buy this one bit.

Joe is going to have input and as we read from various press releases today, he's going to have more flexibility for sure.

But to call Joe the defacto OC? Please. Players not named named Peyton Manning get paid to listen to coaches and do what their coaches say. Joe is no different.
    Not just that, but way too much is made of Peyton Manning's being his own OC on the field. It's been said before that Manning was given 2-3 plays to work with, and he could pick from those and even move to one of them pre-snap. But it's not like Tom Moore just sat there and drank a beer while Peyton drew his own plays up.

I'm just hopeful that Caldwell will allow Joe more freedom to use the entire field. He doesn't have to wholesale change the system, but I'm sure he can draw up new route trees within plays and change some things to open up more zone-style route running.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't buy this one bit.

Joe is going to have input and as we read from various press releases today, he's going to have more flexibility for sure.

But to call Joe the defacto OC? Please. Players not named named Peyton Manning get paid to listen to coaches and do what their coaches say. Joe is no different.
    :word

The myth that seems to be permeating this Board that Joe calls plays or should call plays - or, in this case, will be the de facto OC - is just not rooted in reality. For every QB, but a select few, the calls come from the sidelines.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    :word

The myth that seems to be permeating this Board that Joe calls plays or should call plays - or, in this case, will be the de facto OC - is just not rooted in reality. For every QB, but a select few, the calls come from the sidelines.
    You haven't gotten the memo, Joe is one of the "select few."

You can hardly distinguish Peyton Manning from Joe. If Peyton were here he would look the same as Joe. If Joe were in Denver, he would look like Peyton. Comparing their first 5 years of stats is favorable to Joe. If Peyton is calling plays and their offense is awesome, then Joe is going to be calling our plays so our offense will be awesome.

:D

Let's just hope Caldwell calls better plays for Joe. I would take that.

Blog Entries
    I think joe is gonna be a stud with Caldwell directing the offense. Joe has what like a 100 qb rating at home this year? And that's with Cameron's fucked up play calling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    why didn't he change the play on a couple of those yesterday when it was clear the D had the numbers? Not sure he has that great of a pre-snap recognition but I guess we'll find out
    Like the play late in the game when WASH had two players uncovered on the right side of the line? It screamed for an audible to a run.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

I am just still having a hard time fathoming that the Ravens threw for only 55 yards against the worst pass defense in the league in the 2nd half...and they were blitzing. The Ravens should have hung another 21 points on the Redskins in the second half.