Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Caldwell Style

One thing I think we can all agree on is that everyone's flying a bit higher w/o Cam then w/ Cam. It really doesn't matter how good your game plan is if you have low EQ and no player support. We were a what you see is what you get offense; there were no wrinkles that facilitate any sort of creativeness. For example (if you remember), when Chuck Batch in the 3rd Q of our second game against them faked the WR screen out right and ended up hitting Miller on a route the virtually went straight up the hash uncovered for about 25 yds. That play drove me up the wall bc its those simple nuances that other teams work in that I feel we have no clue how to incorporate into a game plan. Hopefully this shake up brings a more open line of communication between the coaches and players.

This is Joe's offense now and he needs to command it. I saw a 35 yr old Tom Brady scramble for about 5 yds last night for a first down up 21-0 (could have been 14-0), get up mad fucking amped and every player on their sideline was going nuts. I am not saying the Flacco should be a dual threat, don't take this that way. I am saying take what you can get bc its the small things that win games.

I am all for free speech, but for the love of all the good readers of this great forum, please stop with the Norv Turner talk.

Blog Entries

If the players were happy to see Cam go, then that is all we need to know.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    The Ravens need to be balanced and make the offense Flacco and Rice friendly, it can be done. The media are the ones who are picking sides (Flacco/Rice).
    That makes the most sense to me.

IMO, all Caldwell, or any other coach for that matter, can do, is put his players in the best possible position to win the game. We haven't even seen a single call from him so far, so it's somewhat pointless to debate what he will or won't be able to do. What I believe is that he will do a better job than Cam Cameron when it comes to making in game adjustments, using more of the play book and hopefully more of the middle of the field, sensing who is hot and who is not, taking input from the players, and forming a better working relationship with Joe Flacco. If any or all of those things come to be, then Caldwell will be a marked improvement over Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by pat sec 527 View Post
    the biggest difference will be the fact that Caldwell and Joe will talk to each other during the game. Since they have been talking on the phone all season. At least this is step in the right direction
    This!! But the key is talking more often and openly.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Guys, I wouldn't get too used to Caldwell. Nor do I think his style is relevant.

The system is not going to that much different these three games (hopefully more). And if we flame out early in the playoffs, he most likely won't be the OC next season.

Especially if Norv or Hugh are unemployed.
    Hiring Norv Turner would be an egregious error. They need to get away from that entire washed up school of offensive thought.

You know what QB struggles as a result of awful protection schemes? Philip Rivers.

Give me a young gun who wants to be an innovator as opposed to one of these hacks whom the game has so clearly past by.

Re: Caldwell's Style -- What to Expect (Merged from 3 Threads)

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Hiring Norv Turner would be an egregious error. They need to get away from that entire washed up school of offensive thought.

You know what QB struggles as a result of awful protection schemes? Philip Rivers.

Give me a young gun who wants to be an innovator as opposed to one of these hacks whom the game has so clearly past by.

Outside of two seasons (this season and 2008 -- both injury ridden seasons), Norv's offenses have been stellar. He was always a top 5 OC as well.

Not sure where you're getting this "washed up" stuff. Unless you're relying on Cam's version as a comparison, which wasn't anything close to what Norv runs.

Re: Caldwell's Style -- What to Expect (Merged from 3 Threads)

Reasons to feel uncomfortable about Caldwell:

Offensive coaches working with Manning only needed to know one thing. How many creams to put in Manning's coffee every morning. Manning ran the offense.

Reasons to feel confident about Caldwell:

Coached his team to a Superbowl, which is a hell of a lot more than Cam did with the Dolphins.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Guys, I wouldn't get too used to Caldwell. Nor do I think his style is relevant.

The system is not going to that much different these three games (hopefully more). And if we flame out early in the playoffs, he most likely won't be the OC next season.

Especially if Norv or Hugh are unemployed.

Not necessarily true. Should Harbaugh flame out again in the playoffs. Don't be too surprised if Harbaugh is out and Caldwell is installed as the new HC. It is a possibility.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rastaman831226 View Post

Not necessarily true. Should Harbaugh flame out again in the playoffs. Don't be too surprised if Harbaugh is out and Caldwell is installed as the new HC. It is a possibility.
    Highly unlikely.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

11. Re: Caldwell Style

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman831226 View Post
    By getting rid of Cam, even if it wasn't his call, he still bought himself more time, more chances.

And with ALL the injuries we've had, he's got a ready made excuse to explain away any collapse--especially if we lose MORE guys along the way.
    We've reached the point where several practice squad guys are now starters.

That's never good.

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman831226
    My first thought after reading this was no way, Biscuit wouldn't fire Harbaugh, he hired him, and they've made the playoffs every year since then. But then I remembered how he fired Billick, after promising he'd be back. By his own admission, he just woke up one morning and changed his mind. So I guess anything's possible.