Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 116
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hazzard County
    Posts
    1,347

    Re: Caldwell Style



    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Guys, I wouldn't get too used to Caldwell. Nor do I think his style is relevant.

    The system is not going to that much different these three games (hopefully more). And if we flame out early in the playoffs, he most likely won't be the OC next season.

    Especially if Norv or Hugh are unemployed.
    Unless he lights it up, he's a stop gap measure.




  2. #32

    Re: Caldwell Style

    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    I have no idea what to expect from Caldwell as an O coordinator. I do believe the players will rally around him because he is not the ego maniac that Cam was. There was obviously friction between Cam and the players. The video clip of Rice yelling at him on the sideline during a game tells you all you need to know about why he was fired.
    This sounds right. The one change will be JC allowing players more imput during the games. Turning it over to guys on the feild, unlike Cam who doesnt EVER focus on another teams weakness.




  3. #33

    Re: Caldwell Style

    Quote Originally Posted by bmoreraventerp View Post
    Also, it is arguable that Brady doesnt have an elite RB especially when they are actually second to the Texans in rushing attempts so far this season and have the top ranked offense in the league. Ridley has been really good. Ridley is not established but this season he is very good along with the other RBs they use. So although there is no question it is Brady's offense, they are pretty balanced this year in run/pass ratio.
    The Ravens need to be balanced and make the offense Flacco and Rice friendly, it can be done. The media are the ones who are picking sides (Flacco/Rice).




  4. #34

    Re: Caldwell Style

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    This sounds right. The one change will be JC allowing players more imput during the games. Turning it over to guys on the feild, unlike Cam who doesnt EVER focus on another teams weakness.
    The Cam Cameron soap opera: "As the Game Plan Never Changes"




  5. #35

    Re: Caldwell Style

    Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    But yet i dont think Joe wants to get paid like Schaub. If he wants to be paid like brees, ben, manning, rodgers, etc he has to perform/put up numbers like them to do it right? Since those QBs are so good they don't need to tie a lot of money into an RB like Rice. They just need a decent one and the money is spent elsewhere like WR and OL. The confusion from me is they just invested a lot in rice so i would figure they want him to be more of the centerpiece. Either the team is pass oriented or it's based on the run. If folks think the play calling is too vanilla right now, I imagine we want more passing plays (and more creative at that) then and not more run run pass?
    First we don't know how much Joe wants now, we can't keep assuming he is still pushing for big time elite QB money. He might be but we can't assume that is the case now (When you assume you are making an ass out of you and me). Second the offense should be balanced where it is Rice and Flacco friendly.




  6. #36

    Re: Caldwell Style

    Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    The Ravens need to be balanced and make the offense Flacco and Rice friendly, it can be done. The media are the ones who are picking sides (Flacco/Rice).
    I agree. Flacco can look "elite" even if Rice gets the ball a lot. Rice is versatile so we can have games where Flacco passes a lot more than we run but Rice is still very involved if the game dictates that the team should pass more.




  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    College Station, TX
    Posts
    1,172
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Caldwell Style

    Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    well im a little confused and maybe you guys can help me here. One of the critiques of Cam is that he is holding flacco back, but at the same time there are others that criticize Cam saying that Rice should be the focus of the offense. If youve got a QB that thinks he should be paid Elite QB money arent you going to want to have the offense centered around him and relying on him passing (a lot) like the guys he wants to be paid like? if it's centered around rice, isnt that basically admitting your QB isnt elite at all and thus should be seen more as a "game manager" and paid accordingly? So at this point in the season, who do you think Jim should center the offensive play calling/scheme around? I'm cool either way with Jim getting promoted, but Im just curious where you think he needs to go with this
    What about Warner/Faulk, or Montana/Craig, or Aikman/Smith ? "Elite" QBs can co-exist with "elite" RBs in the same offense. I actually think each makes the other's job easier. But there must be competent play-calling and good chemistry.




  8. #38

    Re: Caldwell Style

    Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    First we don't know how much Joe wants now, we can't keep assuming he is still pushing for big time elite QB money. He might be but we can't assume that is the case now (When you assume you are making an ass out of you and me). Second the offense should be balanced where it is Rice and Flacco friendly.
    ok, lets take the money stuff even out of the equation. Sorry about the assumptions, let me clarify where i'm going with this: every team has an identity on offense. what i am confused about is the polarization on where the Ravens should go as an offense. One side thinks Rice needs to get more touches and be more of the centerpiece. That would mean more run plays and dump offs right? The other thinks we dont call the right/varied types of passing plays. That (to me) indicates the offense's play calling should be focused more on Flacco passing. That's what Im asking folks opinions on since we have the Broncos, Giants, and Bengals to deal with. It's not a debate or "gotcha" post so sorry if my previous posts came off that way.




  9. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    2,559

    Re: Caldwell Style

    Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    ok, lets take the money stuff even out of the equation. Sorry about the assumptions, let me clarify where i'm going with this: every team has an identity on offense. what i am confused about is the polarization on where the Ravens should go as an offense. One side thinks Rice needs to get more touches and be more of the centerpiece. That would mean more run plays and dump offs right? The other thinks we dont call the right/varied types of passing plays. That (to me) indicates the offense's play calling should be focused more on Flacco passing. That's what Im asking folks opinions on since we have the Broncos, Giants, and Bengals to deal with. It's not a debate or "gotcha" post so sorry if my previous posts came off that way.

    As bad as our defense is right now I would put the game in Joe's hands. Put the pedal to the metal and light shit up. Rice has to be part of that and he can be, but more as a receiver and less as a RB. I'm telling you right now if this offense can't put 30+ we are in deep trouble. Joe wants to be considered among the best, well here's his chance.
    "Screw it, let's ride"!




  10. #40

    Re: Caldwell Style

    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    As bad as our defense is right now I would put the game in Joe's hands. Put the pedal to the metal and light shit up. Rice has to be part of that and he can be, but more as a receiver and less as a RB. I'm telling you right now if this offense can't put 30+ we are in deep trouble. Joe wants to be considered among the best, well here's his chance.
    Thanks for the answer. very fair point! and if it flames out due to lack of pocket presence and/or inaccuracy, the Ravens can probably make a decision in the off season on whether they allow a QB competition with Tyrod or another QB to happen (doubt it will get to that point).




  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    2,559

    Re: Caldwell Style

    Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    Thanks for the answer. very fair point! and if it flames out due to lack of pocket presence and/or inaccuracy, the Ravens can probably make a decision in the off season on whether they allow a QB competition with Tyrod or another QB to happen (doubt it will get to that point).
    The other point I should make is that Joe 's stats while running the hurry up are much better then from the huddle. HIs passer rating is something like 110 and his completion percentage is over 60. Plus he has let it ne known that he likes that style of offense, it's what he ran in college. So why not let him run it for 60 minutes. What's to lose at this point?
    "Screw it, let's ride"!




  12. #42

    Re: Caldwell Style

    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    The other point I should make is that Joe 's stats while running the hurry up are much better then from the huddle. HIs passer rating is something like 110 and his completion percentage is over 60. Plus he has let it ne known that he likes that style of offense, it's what he ran in college. So why not let him run it for 60 minutes. What's to lose at this point?
    Yep, the numbers don't lie. I hope it works out because its easier to change OCs.




  13. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,812
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Caldwell Style

    I actually think LJ Smith and Dan Wilcox said in interviews a few years ago that Cam was a real asshole and nothing that went wrong was his fault. According to them, IIRC, he would just show film of everything they did wrong and basically throw them all under the bus in front of each other rather than critiquing every play and pointing out good things with the bad (coaching 101).
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,124
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I actually think LJ Smith and Dan Wilcox said in interviews a few years ago that Cam was a real asshole and nothing that went wrong was his fault. According to them, IIRC, he would just show film of everything they did wrong and basically throw them all under the bus in front of each other rather than critiquing every play and pointing out good things with the bad (coaching 101).
    That's the word out on cam. He's a micro manager that is power hungry. He comes off as a real dick.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--keeping-qb-joe-flacco-happy-meant-the-ravens-had-to-get-rid-of-coordinator-cam-cameron-180838938.html

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk




  15. #45
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    5,170
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Caldwell Style

    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    The other point I should make is that Joe 's stats while running the hurry up are much better then from the huddle. HIs passer rating is something like 110 and his completion percentage is over 60. Plus he has let it ne known that he likes that style of offense, it's what he ran in college. So why not let him run it for 60 minutes. What's to lose at this point?
    This is something else that pissed me off about Cam. Look at what the Redskins are doing for RGIII. Look at what the Panthers did for Newton last year. Hell even John Fox, did some tweaking for Tebow. They all changed their offense to fit the player and implemented things from their college careers to make them more comfortable. That never seemed to be a big concern for the Ravens.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland