Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Re: Caldwell's Style -- What to Expect (Merged from 3 Threads)

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Well it helped Dean out
    If Caldwell leaves the sideline, joe's going to need someone to chat with and pat him on the head.

Chiefs should be blowing up the coaching staff out there at the end of the season.

Time to get Zorn back to the castle as the new QB coach...

Blog Entries

Well it helped Dean out
    Actually it was more like sucky offenses like Cleveland that helped Pees out, hell he couldn't even out scheme a 37 year old 3rd string bench warmer and rookie.

I'm not sorry Cam is history, but the Pitt and Skins' losses are on Pees. Yeah, he's got injuries to deal with, but damn, can't our 3rd stringers at still try to get to a QB? Call the play and if it fails, then it's on them, but not to even dial up pressure is squarely on Pops Pees.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    If Caldwell leaves the sideline, joe's going to need someone to chat with and pat him on the head.

Chiefs should be blowing up the coaching staff out there at the end of the season.

Time to get Zorn back to the castle as the new QB coach...
    Caldwell said Hostler will be relaying the calls to Joe.

Listening to Caldwell speak i heard to things that excite me even more..."each game is it's own entity", love to here that, i think the best OC's understand that and are prepared to win games in different fashions depending on what the defense is doing or what their strengths are. Also he says he wants to put the personnel in their best positions to succeed. Cant wait to see how we look on sunday!

Blog Entries

Caldwell said Hostler will be relaying the calls to Joe.
    The concern with this is the time it takes for Caldwell to tell Hostler to tell Flacco. I'm not sure how many teams use this method but it sounds like any indecisiveness could be a problem with clock management. Good thing they have two home games to tweak it.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Highly unlikely.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner

Beg to differ and yes it is a possibility. Should Caldwell become successful in getting this team out of this current offensive funk. The FO may finally start to wonder what exactly does John Harbaugh do as HC of the Baltimore Ravens. Does John Harbaugh game plan well? Does John Harbaugh have control of his hand picked staff? Does John Harbaugh allow input from his players? Does John Harbaugh make NFL in game decisions? And perhaps most importantly, has John Harbaugh brought home a Lombardi? The Caldwell hire and now his elevation to OC should be seen as a shot across Harbaugh's bow. This is a smart football and business move by the FO.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Actually it was more like sucky offenses like Cleveland that helped Pees out, hell he couldn't even out scheme a 37 year old 3rd string bench warmer and rookie.

I'm not sorry Cam is history, but the Pitt and Skins' losses are on Pees. Yeah, he's got injuries to deal with, but damn, can't our 3rd stringers at still try to get to a QB? Call the play and if it fails, then it's on them, but not to even dial up pressure is squarely on Pops Pees.
    Let me ask you something. If you know for a fact that your pass rush is never going to get to the QB, wouldn't you be better served dropping them into coverage where they have a *chance* to get to the ball?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Let me ask you something. If you know for a fact that your pass rush is never going to get to the QB, wouldn't you be better served dropping them into coverage where they have a *chance* to get to the ball?
    And thats worked when? Against Vick? Not so much, against Charlie Batch? Ahhh, no. What about against some unproven rookie, Cousins, ah, no again.
    It didn't work for Pops Mattison, and it's not for Pees. It's not so much about the pressure, but disguising the pressure. A Pees D looks like Easter Island statues.

Your position was the same as Pops against Ben in the '10 playoffs and with all of the time in the world Ben connected.....and Harbaugh watched the SB on TV.