Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: Caldwell Style

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlacco View Post
    Zero chance that Harbaugh loses his job after this season. ZERO.
    what if he gets biscuits wife pregos?

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Guys lets not get carried away here, we won't be nothing like the colts, that was mostly manning, what I am looking for is better situational play calling and better designs which leads to better decision making by Joe.
    I dont anyone has any delusions of that, Peyton is a one of a kind QB. We have a good base of talent, a good QB and we run the ball well. We also have some versatility with the pass catchers we have to attack the whole field. Like you said if we can become more efficient, raise that 3rd down conversion percentage as well as time of possession we stand to be a much better offense. I've long said i thought the Ravens had to be one of the easiest teams to gameplan for and from the early rumblings and albeit guesses about what Caldwell will bring, we will become decidingly(if thats a word lol) more difficult to gameplan against. That in itself is a win. I dont expect dramatics or Joe to go out and throw for 400 yards and 5 TD's on sunday. I think we'll run the ball alot but on 3rd down i think we will have a much better shot at converting and i think we can eat up more clock. I also think if we can sort of lull Denver in with so shorter throws early we will have a chance to get some deep shots.

short vid on practice --- interview with JH, Flacco & Rice too

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/cda-w...eviewMode=true

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    ...we will become decidingly(if thats a word lol) more difficult to gameplan against.
    Close, but no panatella, boychik: decidedly is the word you wanted there.

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Close, but no panatella, boychik: decidedly is the word you wanted there.
    Thank you kind sir! :)

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    what if he gets biscuits wife pregos?
    In Md? He'd own half the team.

Blog Entries

I don't expect a sudden conversion into the Greatest Show on Turf, but I do hope to see more use of quick passes and the middle of the field. Caldwell would be making a mistake to get away from Rice, and I'd hate to see Leach get left on the sideline.

This team can't be all one or the other. It has to be balanced on offense. It needs to eat up clock. Our O-line isn't going to dominate pounding the rock. They aren't going to keep Flacco protected enough to just air it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    In Md? He'd own half the team.
    Actually Maryland has presumptive parenthood. A married woman's child is automatically assumed to be her husband's regardless of DNA evidence or any testimony to the contrary.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Re: Caldwell's Style -- What to Expect (Merged from 3 Threads)

It should make sense why Joe Flacco looks inconsistent from the first half to the second half. Think about how often we have criticized Cam Cameron for his lack of adjustments in the second half, while opposing defenses change up with success. It comes from the top.

Look at how long it took Cameron to handle the overload blitz that Haslett started sending in the second half. The first miscue was on both Joe and Cameron. Cameron for the setup and Joe for not getting rid of the ball quickly and taking the points. The rest were on Cameron, because you just don't see a quick outlet for Joe. The one time they beat it on third down, was when they put Joe in the gun, kept Rice in the backfield and were able to hit Boldin with time.

The Eagles game is another example.

If Jim Caldwell can adjust to the changes made by the defense in the second half, that in itself could improve the offense.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

The offense is currently a top 10 in scoring (9th) And that's without risding the hot hand or makign changes.

The firing says it all. You can whitewash it all you want but it's a scathing criticism of Cam.

The team is at the point in the season where the offense will remain unchanged. Same playbook.

Except hopefully Caldwell will ride the hot hand, play to strengths instead of a predetermined gameplan and perhaps tweak a protection or two when necessary.

It's sad that Cam was so stubborn that he couldn't see or do those things.

Ravens: Jim Caldwell says he plans to be in the booth, not on the sideline.
    Well it helped Dean out

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Well it helped Dean out
    this will be interesting, I don't think any can help pees out