Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Caldwell Style

Never say never in the NFL, but I would be stunned if the Ravens were to re-hire Hugh. As was previously stated, he and Harbs did not get along. He was known as a back stabber, and he supposedly burned bridges when he left for the Raiders job.

Blog Entries

Caldwell's history with uptempo offense

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Caldwell's history with uptempo offense

I'm so freakin pumped!!!

First thing first for caldwell

First thing first for Jim Caldwell is he's gonna have to overrule Harbaugh on the O line and put personnel in their natural positions. Osemele belongs at RG, Oher belongs at RT, Bobbie Williams belongs at RG ( with the injury to Yanda ) and most importantly, Caldwell will have to squash Harbaugh's huge ego by getting McKinnie back at LT and Harewood out of the doghouse. Oh yeah, Birk belongs in a Home. Until changes are made, this Ravens O will not improve.

Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    ... at this point in the season, who do you think Jim should center the offensive play calling/scheme around? ...
    Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    ... every team has an identity on offense. what i am confused about is the polarization on where the Ravens should go as an offense. One side thinks Rice needs to get more touches and be more of the centerpiece. That would mean more run plays and dump offs right? The other thinks we dont call the right/varied types of passing plays. That (to me) indicates the offense's play calling should be focused more on Flacco passing. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    ... Caldwell has to go with the flow of the game ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    The Ravens need to be balanced and make the offense Flacco and Rice friendly, it can be done. The media are the ones who are picking sides (Flacco/Rice).
    I'll second SugarRay's sentiments here. I don't think this offense can be dangerous as strictly a "running team" or "passing team."

We're not a powerful enough team when we run to ensure consistent success. Rice will have some big plays, but he'll also have stretches of low yardage plays that leave our offense in 2nd or 3rd and long.

On the flip side, we don't have an "elite" QB or WR, so we can't just fling it around the field all the time.

What this offense does have is a variety of talent that can allow for an effective balanced offense. The biggest liability IMO is pass blocking, which can be mitigated by a mix of run plays and quicker passes. When appropriate, the no huddle can really be a boost for this aspect of our offense by building rhythm and creating mismatches.

Ideally, this reduces the effectiveness of the other teams pass rush and allows you to take some shots deep. Big plays help score points, but against good D's you have to set them up.

Also, we are capable of big plays in the ground game or short passing game. Rice and Smith both make a lot of big plays from short passes.

The three open Caldwell threads have been merged into one .....

Re: First thing first for caldwell

Quote Originally Posted by rastaman831226 View Post
    First thing first for Jim Caldwell is he's gonna have to overrule Harbaugh on the O line and put personnel in their natural positions. Osemele belongs at RG, Oher belongs at RT, Bobbie Williams belongs at RG ( with the injury to Yanda ) and most importantly, Caldwell will have to squash Harbaugh's huge ego by getting McKinnie back at LT and Harewood out of the doghouse. Oh yeah, Birk belongs in a Home. Until changes are made, this Ravens O will not improve.
    Ingenious. No one would expect an offensive line with two right guards, no center, and three tackles!
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Ingenious. No one would expect an offensive line with two right guards, no center, and three tackles!
    :word

There's no easy way to configure this group of O-Lineman. There are a lot of different ways you could do it, each with a few advantages and a lot of disadvantages.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    :word

There's no easy way to configure this group of O-Lineman. There are a lot of different ways you could do it, each with a few advantages and a lot of disadvantages.
    All Joe needs is a 5 second pocket and receivers given pass routes that gain natural separation like every other offense in the NFL. Configure an Oline to accomplish that.
    The pass routes are in the playbook. We saw them in week 1 against the Bengals.
    Crossing routes, triplets crossing, double moves, screens, flares...they were all there in week 1.
    Time to dust them off.

10. Re: Caldwell Style

the biggest difference will be the fact that Caldwell and Joe will talk to each other during the game. Since they have been talking on the phone all season. At least this is step in the right direction

Blog Entries

Time to run the ooopty oop.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

this shit right here is money.