Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Caldwell Style

Quote Originally Posted by kojo View Post
    well im a little confused and maybe you guys can help me here. One of the critiques of Cam is that he is holding flacco back, but at the same time there are others that criticize Cam saying that Rice should be the focus of the offense. If youve got a QB that thinks he should be paid Elite QB money arent you going to want to have the offense centered around him and relying on him passing (a lot) like the guys he wants to be paid like? if it's centered around rice, isnt that basically admitting your QB isnt elite at all and thus should be seen more as a "game manager" and paid accordingly? So at this point in the season, who do you think Jim should center the offensive play calling/scheme around? I'm cool either way with Jim getting promoted, but Im just curious where you think he needs to go with this
    What about Warner/Faulk, or Montana/Craig, or Aikman/Smith ? "Elite" QBs can co-exist with "elite" RBs in the same offense. I actually think each makes the other's job easier. But there must be competent play-calling and good chemistry.

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    First we don't know how much Joe wants now, we can't keep assuming he is still pushing for big time elite QB money. He might be but we can't assume that is the case now (When you assume you are making an ass out of you and me). Second the offense should be balanced where it is Rice and Flacco friendly.
    ok, lets take the money stuff even out of the equation. Sorry about the assumptions, let me clarify where i'm going with this: every team has an identity on offense. what i am confused about is the polarization on where the Ravens should go as an offense. One side thinks Rice needs to get more touches and be more of the centerpiece. That would mean more run plays and dump offs right? The other thinks we dont call the right/varied types of passing plays. That (to me) indicates the offense's play calling should be focused more on Flacco passing. That's what Im asking folks opinions on since we have the Broncos, Giants, and Bengals to deal with. It's not a debate or "gotcha" post so sorry if my previous posts came off that way.

ok, lets take the money stuff even out of the equation. Sorry about the assumptions, let me clarify where i'm going with this: every team has an identity on offense. what i am confused about is the polarization on where the Ravens should go as an offense. One side thinks Rice needs to get more touches and be more of the centerpiece. That would mean more run plays and dump offs right? The other thinks we dont call the right/varied types of passing plays. That (to me) indicates the offense's play calling should be focused more on Flacco passing. That's what Im asking folks opinions on since we have the Broncos, Giants, and Bengals to deal with. It's not a debate or "gotcha" post so sorry if my previous posts came off that way.

As bad as our defense is right now I would put the game in Joe's hands. Put the pedal to the metal and light shit up. Rice has to be part of that and he can be, but more as a receiver and less as a RB. I'm telling you right now if this offense can't put 30+ we are in deep trouble. Joe wants to be considered among the best, well here's his chance.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    As bad as our defense is right now I would put the game in Joe's hands. Put the pedal to the metal and light shit up. Rice has to be part of that and he can be, but more as a receiver and less as a RB. I'm telling you right now if this offense can't put 30+ we are in deep trouble. Joe wants to be considered among the best, well here's his chance.
    Thanks for the answer. very fair point! and if it flames out due to lack of pocket presence and/or inaccuracy, the Ravens can probably make a decision in the off season on whether they allow a QB competition with Tyrod or another QB to happen (doubt it will get to that point).

Thanks for the answer. very fair point! and if it flames out due to lack of pocket presence and/or inaccuracy, the Ravens can probably make a decision in the off season on whether they allow a QB competition with Tyrod or another QB to happen (doubt it will get to that point).
    The other point I should make is that Joe 's stats while running the hurry up are much better then from the huddle. HIs passer rating is something like 110 and his completion percentage is over 60. Plus he has let it ne known that he likes that style of offense, it's what he ran in college. So why not let him run it for 60 minutes. What's to lose at this point?
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

The other point I should make is that Joe 's stats while running the hurry up are much better then from the huddle. HIs passer rating is something like 110 and his completion percentage is over 60. Plus he has let it ne known that he likes that style of offense, it's what he ran in college. So why not let him run it for 60 minutes. What's to lose at this point?
    Yep, the numbers don't lie. I hope it works out because its easier to change OCs.

Blog Entries

I actually think LJ Smith and Dan Wilcox said in interviews a few years ago that Cam was a real asshole and nothing that went wrong was his fault. According to them, IIRC, he would just show film of everything they did wrong and basically throw them all under the bus in front of each other rather than critiquing every play and pointing out good things with the bad (coaching 101).
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I actually think LJ Smith and Dan Wilcox said in interviews a few years ago that Cam was a real asshole and nothing that went wrong was his fault. According to them, IIRC, he would just show film of everything they did wrong and basically throw them all under the bus in front of each other rather than critiquing every play and pointing out good things with the bad (coaching 101).
    That's the word out on cam. He's a micro manager that is power hungry. He comes off as a real dick.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--keeping-qb-joe-flacco-happy-meant-the-ravens-had-to-get-rid-of-coordinator-cam-cameron-180838938.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

This is something else that pissed me off about Cam. Look at what the Redskins are doing for RGIII. Look at what the Panthers did for Newton last year. Hell even John Fox, did some tweaking for Tebow. They all changed their offense to fit the player and implemented things from their college careers to make them more comfortable. That never seemed to be a big concern for the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    That's the word out on cam. He's a micro manager that is power hungry. He comes off as a real dick.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--ke...180838938.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah that side also came out after the Houston loss. Cam basically threw Joe under the bus for changing the plays and Joe shot back that he really was just doing what Cam said after a certain point in the game.

Blog Entries

Has to be hard to play for a guy like that. Maybe without anything changing but a coach the players respect and want to play for will be all that it takes to be consistent.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Has to be hard to play for a guy like that. Maybe without anything changing but a coach the players respect and want to play for will be all that it takes to be consistent.
    Agreed. Cam may be a very smart guy, but he lets his ego get in the way IMO.

I'm very happy about Caldwell because the reports are he's very well liked by players and he doesn't need to feel "in charge". I really think Caldwell is going to run the offense to the strengths of the unit.