Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Live - presser

Blog Entries

Re: Live - presser

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    exactly they are not going to raise their hands, besides you can't change the system now its too late for that its about making adjustments, diggin out plays in that old ass playbook of cam's to see what works to the strength of the unit rather than drive that sqaure peg in the round hole.
    yep. and really they don't need to overhaul the offense. at times, this offense has been unstoppable. cam just refused to adjust and use his entire ihop menu.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Fish stinks from the head.

I certainly do believe Harbs is on the hot seat, and if there is no improvement under Caldwell that Harbs could be seeing the door to. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I am tired of watching every game pacing the room going "why does every game have to end like this"
    Also, given the logic that Steve 'made' this happen, one would imagine he emphasized losing the conservative game plans as well, otherwise, why bother firing Cam in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    Baltimore Ravens ‏@Ravens Jim Caldwell: "It's not a system change. The #Ravens offense is the #Ravens offense. It's not a philosophical change."

Ughh
    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    fuck.
    LOL. What? You think they are going to install a brand new offense in 1 week? This is why these sorts of coaching changes are not made mid-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    hes right it won't be system change, too short for that, its about diggin out the plays that wil suit Joe and this units to its strengths
    Exactly. They will be the same plays, but the biggest changes:
    > More up tempo, with
    > Flacco having more abilities to call his own plays, and
    > better game-situation play-calling,
    > with more aggressive plays being called.

Those changes in-and-of-itself may make a difference. We'll see...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    LOL. What? You think they are going to install a brand new offense in 1 week? This is why these sorts of coaching changes are not made mid-season.

Exactly. They will be the same plays, but the biggest changes:
    > More up tempo, with
    > Flacco having more abilities to call his own plays, and
    > better game-situation play-calling,
    > with more aggressive plays being called.

Those changes in-and-of-itself may make a difference. We'll see...
    I certainly do not expect a change with three games left in season.... but I think timing of play calls and some sort of change better show up like you pointed out

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Don't get caught up in what coaches say. They aren't going to volunteer info which other teams can use.
    Exactly. What do you expect him to say? He has Denver this week and isnt going to tip his hand. "oh, we are going to do this and that and that and this" Trust me, he is brought in to change things, beleive that. Both teams are battling for a bye. Biggest game of the year so far and the change couldnt happen at a better time, Denver cant watch to much game film and know what to expect. They might have fired Cam even if they won yesterday had the 2pt conversion failed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Exactly. What do you expect him to say? He has Denver this week and isnt going to tip his hand. "oh, we are going to do this and that and that and this" Trust me, he is brought in to change things, beleive that. Both teams are battling for a bye. Biggest game of the year so far and the change couldnt happen at a better time, Denver cant watch to much game film and know what to expect. They might have fired Cam even if they won yesterday had the 2pt conversion failed.
    Agreed. Caldwell was promoted to change things. If they didn't want any changes, Cam wouldn't have been fired. I expect to see no huddle and Flacco calling plays at the LOS.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider Bryant McKinnie told me regarding Cam Cameron firing: 'I was kind of surprised. I didn't see it coming. It's a business.'

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

His presser is Thurs.....
    Ummm...yeah..I know that.......

I certainly do not expect a change with three games left in season.... but I think timing of play calls and some sort of change better show up like you pointed out
    We may not see a change in the system but we certainly will see a change in tempo....and attitude (i.e killer instinct).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    We may not see a change in the system but we certainly will see a change in tempo....and attitude (i.e killer instinct).
    Did yo see the presser?

This is coming from Harbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Did yo see the presser?

This is coming from Harbaugh.
    Harbaugh said next to nothing about why the decision was made.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Harbaugh said next to nothing about why the decision was made.
    I am talking about the lack of killer instict at the end of the half and end of the game - the kneel downs.

Most specifically why didn't you go for it: "too risky" " the reward wasn't worth the risk" "Backed up in your own end" etc.

Harbaugh is a loser, as a coach. Personally I think he's an outstanding guy and I'd love to have him in my corner standing up for me. BUT I don't think he has what it takes to bring home the bacon.

Could you see him letting the Giants score in the super bowl to get the ball back?