So I'm excited as anyone given today's news. Even if this season (and even Caldwell as an OC) doesn't pan out, the organization decided to make a change instead of doing the same thing for another year.

Caldwell has been with the team for less than a year, has never been an OC, and chances are he won't have time to install his own system. Meanwhile he'll be facing two of the best past rushing teams with this hodge-podge offensive line.

On the bright side I feel like OC's aren't as important as DC's. You can name great DC's like Lebeau, Wade Phillips, and the Ryan family but when I think of recent great OC's the only name that comes to mind is Billick ironically. There are OC's behind potent offenses in today's game but it's mainly because they have outstanding QB's who are allowed to do their thing -- I believe the defense is the more scheme heavy side.

I'm not asking for much out of Caldwell these next couple weeks. All I want to see is common sense: use the middle of the field, use Ray Rice if he's being effective, don't let Joe throw 50 passes on his off days, don't line up in the shotgun on 3rd and 2.