Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Observations from Someone Who Went to FedEx Yesterday

There couldn't have been a 50/50 or 60/40 split of Slurs to Ravens fans. Somebody on this board said I was stupid for even bringing that up and that in no way shape or form could I be right.

I was there and I would say that we were probably 30% of the crowd and it was a beautiful thing to begin the 7 nation army chant after we thought D. Reed had recovered a fumble. My God I would've loved to have closed that out in winning fashion just to watch those arrogant pricks leave out dejected.

I had one guy that threatened to punch me and I simply pulled a Bobby Bonilla and said to 'make your move'. LOL

I may not still be the same size that I used to be which was around that of Jamal Lewis but I won't let anyone threaten me especially if I wasn't doing anything to him. I had a prick usher chase me down the steps to make me show him my ticket. I said to the idiot that I already showed him but by singling me out you let in about 50 people in just to chase a Ravens fan. Effin loser.

Most of the fans especially the Slurs fans behind me in the lower bowl were cool. Sucks ass that we lost.

I was also at the game. It was a great time, but not the same as M&T.

The only thing better than M&T was the music.

The traffic was terrible going in, but it only took me 45 minutes to get home. I was suprised at the number of empty seats through out the stadium. You figure the seats have been purchased, but why wouldn't that many people attend? The very loud DEFENSE and LEACH chants were awesome! Ravens fans were showing their numbers and the 'Skins fan I was with couldn't believe it.

The Suites at FedEx are nice, but I like the ones at M&T better. The food at M&T is better, too.

One thing I would never have noticed if I watched the game on TV.....the 'Skins have something like 40 cheerleaders. Is that normal?

Blog Entries

Speaking of those roads going in, some young guys might not know the history of those roads and who put them in.

We did.

It was part of the deal to bring the Browns here.
    Jack Kemp Cooke built that stadium with his own money which is why it's not as nice as ours but he didn't have the money for the roads and lots.

So Guv Schaeffer struck a deal in exchange for him not blocking the vote to keep Art out. The Guv built those roads for him. That paved the way for Art to move here but in reality, Art was the only owner powerful enough to run over Tags and Cooke. Bidwell entertained thoughts of moving here as did Mike Brown of Bungles and Glazer of Bucs. None of them would have made it.

Cooke originally wanted to build that stadium in Laurel to solidify his claim that Bmore was his territory. Tags even said the Skins are moving to Laurel so that takes care of Baltimore. Sure.

So Schaeffer blocked all attempts to build in Laurel with town hall meetings after meetings to tie Cooke up. Finally he gave up.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag
    Believe me, any Redskin fan would trade owners and stadiums with us in a heartbeat.
    So true -- as others have already pointed out in this thread, traffic is terrible getting to and from there, and it's also the ugliest stadium I've ever been to (at least from the outside -- I've haven't been there in years, but last time I did, it was a monument to unattractive FedEx ads.) And regarding owners, I agree with that too, because even Redskins fans I know hate Dan Synder the way Orioles fans detest Angelos.

Blog Entries

At least Petey wised up this year and stayed out and we almost beat the Yanks in the POs.

Yeah, I could use an escalator to the 500 level of M&T (at least pregame, boppin down after a game is not as bad). As a guy trying to get to an escalator to 400 level seats @ Fed Ex I can't say much for stadium signage.

The Redskins crowd this season is a lot like the O's or Nat's fans of 2012 (Is this really happening? Wheee!). They'll not take it well the first time RGIII shits the bed. The kid is impressive, but he's carrying the weight of a franchise on his back.

Took a needlessly expensive "Bowl Bus" (one not sold-out bus making stops in Timonium, Balt. Penn Sta., and Columbia Mall). Yathink the MTA could pull that together every 4 yrs.)??

Love the camouflage outdoor seating @ club level. Couldn't grasp the random placement of yellow seats within the burgandy. It later became obvious that it made the club level stadium seats look less empty when rich folk stayed in to be warm, dry, or fed.

Empty seats? I thought the Redskins had a waitlist forever for season tix??

Overall impression - I'm glad I don't have to go every week to that outhouse.

The band was good (though it has caved on their old feathered war bonnets - I mean the nick name is "Redskins" It's not like cliche Indian headgear is going to be any MORE offensive than that!). I also think the quadrennial Battle of Traffic-choked Beltways should feature both team bands.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    Empty seats? I thought the Redskins had a waitlist forever for season tix??
    The Washington Post obliterated this fallacy a few years ago:

> They were able to call the ticket office (posing as an average fan) and buy season tickets in just about any part of the stadium.
    > Later, for some of those same seats, they discovered that the Redskins ticket office was putting them up for sale on a game-by-game basis on the secondary-market ticket sites.
    > After repeated badgering by the Post, the Redskins finally allowed them to see their infamous "wait list". Several white-ring binders, locked away in a closet, that looked like they were put together in the 1990s. The Redskins didn't allow them to actually look at any of the names on the list to verify if these individuals were in-fact waiting for season tickets to become available. Redskins said that information was "confidential".

Blog Entries

The wait list was true back when Jackie owned the team and he out-spent for all those trophies. That was in the 90s and the pre-cap era.

Skins haven't won since the CAP era and since Boy Wonder took over. He even brought Gibbs back who won those trophies in the 90s but not
    now.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    The Washington Post obliterated this fallacy a few years ago:

> They were able to call the ticket office (posing as an average fan) and buy season tickets in just about any part of the stadium.
    > Later, for some of those same seats, they discovered that the Redskins ticket office was putting them up for sale on a game-by-game basis on the secondary-market ticket sites.
    > After repeated badgering by the Post, the Redskins finally allowed them to see their infamous "wait list". Several white-ring binders, locked away in a closet, that looked like they were put together in the 1990s. The Redskins didn't allow them to actually look at any of the names on the list to verify if these individuals were in-fact waiting for season tickets to become available. Redskins said that information was "confidential".
    Until the game against the Ravens, you could easily get visiting team turnback tickets on Ticketmaster for Redskins home games starting 10 days before the game for face plus TM Fees. This game however, only had club seats available for $450 each. Danny is really gouging the fans for the Cowboys game, there are tickets available on the regular Ticketmaster site but the cheapest ones are the Upper Level SRO Tickets in the endzone for around $200 each. Stubhub is cheaper than the regular Ticketmaster site for this game. I'm glad I bought my Ravens-Deadskins ticket in Section 453 on Stubhub for $85 plus StubHub fees. I hope Daniel Snyder isn't giving Steve Bisciotti any ideas about Ravens single game ticket pricing on Ticketmaster!

There is also a story in the Washington Post recently about how DC City Council member Jack Evans wants to move the FBI to Prince Georges County in exchange for the Redskins to break their lease on FedEx Field and moving back to the District to a new stadium. If that happens, I bet you that Snyder will charge PSL fees in the thousands for the rights to buy season tickets in the new stadium. The only reason FedEx does not have PSLs is because Jack Kent Cooke didn't want them.
    Last edited by Nightman; 12-12-2012 at 09:57 PM.

10. Re: Observations from Someone Who Went to FedEx Yesterday

Just curious:

1) What was the split/% of Ravens fans?

2) How did it compare to when Baltimore visited in:
    A. 2004
    B. 2000

3) How did it compare to Washington played in Baltimore in 2008?

4) How did it compare to when Pittsburgh is in Baltimore?
    -To me, it sounded like 2010 and earlier Steeler games had more Steeler fans in Baltimore.

On TV, it seemed very low.
    -In 2004 it seemed to be 65/35 Skin to Ravens
    This seemed 85/15...lower than what the Steelers had and even lower than what the Skins had in Baltimore in 2008.

-Was this the case?
    I'd think even with the Skins improving, the 3-6 and Baltimore being basically Angels-Dodgers proximity it would be at least 1/3. Maybe the TV was wrong.