Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In the Trenches

Blog Entries

In the Trenches

We always hear about how games are fault in the trenches, the Ravens are losing horribly in the trenches on both sides of the ball. The DL can not stop the run and often do not provide much pressure to hurry QB's and get them off there mark. Cody is on ice skates and Kemo is old and probably should not be on the roster if he can't beat Cody out.

The OL is atrocious and Harbs continues to Keep Mckinnie on the side line and has had the OL in suffel all year under a druken OL coach that should never have been named 0L coach over Matsko (last years scapegoat). They can't run block, they can't pass block, they just can't Block period. when a QB struggles what do you do, you start to run the ball with you big money RB, right? well you can only turn to that if the big guys can run block. Mckinnie (LT) Oher (LG) Birk (C) Yanda (RG) KO (RT) That is your best 5 John.

We are not winning in the trenches on either side of the ball.

Re: In the Trenches

+10
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

I used to be okay with keeping McKinnie on the bench because it seemed like he truly just wanted to collect a paycheck, but now I question whether what he brings in pass protection can make up for what he lacks in run blocking. It they do put him at LT, the only person on the line playing out of position would be Kelechi who at least saw some time at LG early in the training camp. Either way the line as it is (on both sides) is not getting it done.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Rice rushed for over 120 yds last week on the road...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

That was last week. ;)

Blog Entries

I'd pull out Brik and insert Gino into that best 5 list. A: At least it gets the rook some snaps, and B: He cant be worse than Birk. Birk has been god awful for 2 years. He just can't hang anymore. I'm pretty sure my 5'6" 185# frame, given what I can bench and squat, and I could move Birk out of the way and get to Joe. Birk is done and has been since last year.

7. Re: In the Trenches

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    That was with Yanda.

Just like last year, when one of our guards goes down and we have no one decent to replace them, the whole O-Line falls apart.

Blog Entries

Against a pretty bad D.

Furthermore, look at what Alfred Morris was able to do.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Ravens lost this game in the trenches on both sides of the ball, that was the biggest difference I saw. Denver could run at will even when the Ravens knew they going to run it. Cody, Kemo are pretty bad, pains me to say it Ngata is nowhere what he was years ago. Ngata used to get penetration and collapse the pocket and force the QB to move, now he rarely does. He is also a non factor in the run game with a backup G manhandling him yesterday. Ngata, IMO has been the most dissapointing Raven of 2012. Thought he would bounce back after poor end of the year showing last year, but hasnt. Forget the Ngata of old, he isnt that guy anymore. On offense KO should move to RG and mckinnie to one of the tackle spots, is obvious, KO could be a GREAT G, not great T.

Blog Entries

against a pretty bad Defense. When OL seems to never be able to push ahead for one or consistently block. I'd agree they run block better than pass block , but they have issues with both and I would hope a TOP g RB would have a few good games, Bottom ww they can't turn to the run because of the ow if teams know we are running the Line does not block well.

I think KO stays at RT he will probably be a future T on this team. they have some young maulers in my opinion, but the Drunk is not a good OL coach, not sure what he has on John, but it must be bad to still be on this payroll
    Last edited by Sua Sponte; 12-17-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Ravens lost this game in the trenches on both sides of the ball, that was the biggest difference I saw. Denver could run at will even when the Ravens knew they going to run it. Cody, Kemo are pretty bad, pains me to say it Ngata is nowhere what he was years ago. Ngata used to get penetration and collapse the pocket and force the QB to move, now he rarely does. He is also a non factor in the run game with a backup G manhandling him yesterday. Ngata, IMO has been the most dissapointing Raven of 2012. Thought he would bounce back after poor end of the year showing last year, but hasnt. Forget the Ngata of old, he isnt that guy anymore. On offense KO should move to RG and mckinnie to one of the tackle spots, is obvious, KO could be a GREAT G, not great T.

Ngata has definitely disappeared he was battling injuries, but that has been the case the past 2 years. Honestly I think they need to ask him to take a pay Cut for the better of the team.

Blog Entries

cody is big pile of shit, I saw ngata getting double and still moved his gap, cody had one on one with the gaurd and he got tossed like napkin all game. Birk spent most of his day on his back as usual or getting pushed so far back Joe had no pockect to climb. Mike Oher is the biggest slouch I seen at LT he has no technique there I don't know why this coaching staff insist on making this cat a LT.