Blog Entries

Watching the lowlights

Watching the NFL channel this AM, and the lowlights of the ugly loss to the 'Skins.

On the Cousins-to-Garcon touchdown, the DB inexplicably releases Garcon into the end zone. Reed was running over that way after he was released. I don't know for sure that the corner (I couldn't tell who, but the number is in the thirties) made the mistake, but someone blew that assignment. I'm leaning towards the corner, because we're talking a 3rd down with time running out. He starts off with Garcon, then cuts inside, releasing Garcon to an empty part of the end zone.

On the ill-fated punt in OT, there's a nice block-in-the-back that clears the lane for the Redskins' return man. I don't blame the missed call for the game, however. It should never have gotten there. If you're blaming the outcome on the refs, you didn't earn the win. But it is somewhat comforting to know it wasn't a special teams breakdown, after they've played so well for most of this year, that cost us on that play.

Re: Watching the lowlights

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Watching the NFL channel this AM, and the lowlights of the ugly loss to the 'Skins.

On the Cousins-to-Garcon touchdown, the DB inexplicably releases Garcon into the end zone. Reed was running over that way after he was released. I don't know for sure that the corner (I couldn't tell who, but the number is in the thirties) made the mistake, but someone blew that assignment. I'm leaning towards the corner, because we're talking a 3rd down with time running out. He starts off with Garcon, then cuts inside, releasing Garcon to an empty part of the end zone.

On the ill-fated punt in OT, there's a nice block-in-the-back that clears the lane for the Redskins' return man. I don't blame the missed call for the game, however. It should never have gotten there. If you're blaming the outcome on the refs, you didn't earn the win. But it is somewhat comforting to know it wasn't a special teams breakdown, after they've played so well for most of this year, that cost us on that play.
    I saw that block in the back as well.

the db WAS #39 chris johnson. he's the guy who had the strip in pittsburg. he looks to be a good pickup but he hasn't been wiht the team for more than 4 weeks and he was injured in the pittsburg game at pittsburg.

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    . If you're blaming the outcome on the refs, you didn't earn the win. But it is somewhat comforting to know it wasn't a special teams breakdown, after they've played so well for most of this year, that cost us on that play.
    I'm sorry, but I will never agree with this line of thinking at all. This is the NFL, not college. In a large % of the games one play makes the difference. Why should one call make any difference? Remember the Roddy White offensive-pass-interference call in Atlanta two years ago? The Falcons were the NFC's best team and we nearly beat them on their own turf and probably would have if not for that blown call. Did that mean we didn't earn that win? We played a nearly flawless 2nd half and had a 13-3 team on the ropes in their own stadium.

In the NFL, where so many teams are so dead even, one blown call has the same impact as one big play.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I'm sorry, but I will never agree with this line of thinking at all. This is the NFL, not college. In a large % of the games one play makes the difference. Why should one call make any difference? Remember the Roddy White offensive-pass-interference call in Atlanta two years ago? The Falcons were the NFC's best team and we nearly beat them on their own turf and probably would have if not for that blown call. Did that mean we didn't earn that win? We played a nearly flawless 2nd half and had a 13-3 team on the ropes in their own stadium.

In the NFL, where so many teams are so dead even, one blown call has the same impact as one big play.

We have a winner! I always figured guys who said "you didn't earn it" never played the game.

Blog Entries

for those with SundayTicket, the shortcut is being ran at 5 today I believe. I plan to watch it to torture myself

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!