Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree with you here, Gota. But then I got to ask, where the hell was Bisciotti and Newsome in the off-season?

I can understand - with the lockout after the 2010 season - Harbaugh being able to lobby successfully to keep Cam around. But what I really question is why the decision to send him packing wasn't made this off-season. Yes, they were also getting a new DC, and maybe they just didn't want to risk that much change, but the other risk - which has now turned into a huge issue - is that you would impede Flacco's growth and never truly understand his potential and limitations in order to make a wise contract offer. Now they are basically screwed...and with this strong-armed tactic in the middle of a playoff push, they may have seriously wrecked their playoff chances.

Yes, Harbaugh deserves blame for hanging on to his friend for too long...but after awhile, the responsibility to make a change (and the accountability for how long it takes and the manner in which it is done) moves upward.

If events played out as some are speculating, I have lost a lot of faith in the Ravens FO. Hope I am wrong...
    Bisciotti is not Jerry Jones or Mike Brown. That's why he has a GM and Head Coach. They're the football guys and the experts. If you want to blame someone in my opinion it would be Ozzie. He let Billick keep Cavanaugh way too long a decade ago. He's said before that he doesn't want to tell the coaches who their assistants will be but I wish he had done something sooner.

I do think that Ozzie is the reason why Caldwell was hired. Caldwell was interviewed to be the Ravens head coach. The word was that the team liked him a lot. Then Indy came in and guaranteed him Dungy's job because they didn't want to lose him. I'm sure that when Ozzie saw that Caldwell was available he at least suggested the name to Harbaugh.

Blog Entries

What if the Ravens hired Josh McDaniels to be the head coach?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    What if the Ravens hired Josh McDaniels to be the head coach?
    Why would any team do that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-a-head-coach/

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Someone commented somewhere last night (Twitter, message board, can't remember) that it is games like last night that will make some stupid owner hire McDaniels as their head coach.

And yes, there are some stupid owners...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think the Ravens want to stay with Flacco, but I don't think Biscuit wants to pay Flacco with a brinks truck if Flacco is going to be inconsistent. I think they want to see Flacco without Cameron to see if Cameron was the issue.
    Correct. Time for Joe to show consistency. If he and Jim Caldwell make ingame adjustments when something isn't working then I'll be impressed. I also expect them to keep the pedal to the metal if something IS working and not to let up like Cam would (see: Redskins game 2nd half).

7. Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

I gonna make just comment 1 on this thread. Drew Breeze And Cam Cameron were together and Breeze wasn't considered great until Shaun Peyton. Now hopefully Jim Caldwell will do the same for Joe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pat sec 527 View Post
    I gonna make just comment 1 on this thread. Drew Breeze And Cam Cameron were together and Breeze wasn't considered great until Shaun Peyton. Now hopefully Jim Caldwell will do the same for Joe
    Um, two things. First, welcome to the board, newby. Second, people will be more likely to pay attention to what you post if you spell names like Drew Brees & Sean Payton correctly.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pat sec 527 View Post
    This has already been covered in great detail.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree with you here, Gota. But then I got to ask, where the hell was Bisciotti and Newsome in the off-season?
    It's been my opinion that Cam would have been gone last offseason had a "viable" (ie what Harbaugh and the FO felt was viable - solid, veteran OC) OC candidate been available. But, once Shurmur and Norv weren't fired (and Kubiak the year before), they didn't feel that there was anyone out there worth firing Cam for.

I don't think they wanted a first-time OC to work with Flacco, especially since Harbaugh doesn't have much experience on that side of the ball. So, it was basically Brad Childress or Cam. Personally, as much as I wanted Cam gone, if that was the choice, Cam doesn't look so bad to me.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 12-11-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    It's been my opinion that Cam would have been gone last offseason had a "viable" (ie what Harbaugh and the FO felt was viable - solid, veteran OC) OC candidate been available. But, once Shurmur and Norv weren't fired (and Kubiak the year before), they didn't feel that there was anyone out there worth firing Cam for.

I don't think they wanted a first-time OC to work with Flacco, especially since Harbaugh doesn't have much experience on that side of the ball. So, it was basically Brad Childress or Cam. Personally, as much as I wanted Cam gone, if that was the choice, Cam doesn't look so bad to me.
    Good point and with guys like Pat Shurmer, Norv Turner, and some others potentially coming available, they may be in a better position this off-season (depending on how Caldwell does) to make more of a significant move with OC.

I'm hoping that whoever the OC is next season (including Caldwell) shakes up the coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball because Andy Moeller and Jeff Hostler have been here far too long and the OL and WRs, respectively, still make a lot of the same mistakes. The only offensive coach worth keeping around is Wilbert Montgomery.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Good point and with guys like Pat Shurmer, Norv Turner, and some others potentially coming available, they may be in a better position this off-season (depending on how Caldwell does) to make more of a significant move with OC.

I'm hoping that whoever the OC is next season (including Caldwell) shakes up the coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball because Andy Moeller and Jeff Hostler have been here far too long and the OL and WRs, respectively, still make a lot of the same mistakes. The only offensive coach worth keeping around is Wilbert Montgomery.
    I have to think that these past few weeks have improved the odds of Pat Shurmur keeping his HC job in Cleveland. The Brownies have already won more games than they did in 2011. They'll still end up in the AFCN cellar but they actually seem to be showing improvement.

Not sure how I feel about the prospect of Norv Turner becoming OC here. I know he's got the resume, and would be an upgrade over Cam, but I can't say I'd be jumping with joy over the prospect. I certainly agree with you where Moeller is concerned, though.