Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 234
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaugh?



    Flacco is safe but I wouldn't say the same about HARBs - maybe, maybe not but Vinny and Rob said on radio that there's no way Bisciotti gives
    Joe $17M for being a part time player.

    He's not consistent for 4 qtrs and he won't get that much for the
    way he is now.




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,948
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

    they're both safe. Tag Flacco and see what he does in a new system
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,989

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Agreed. At this point, it's on Flacco. No excuses now.
    People think this is crazy talk for the Ravens to trade Flacco, but look at how well so many rookie QBs are doing these days. Also, who was Joe Flacco when he was drafted out of Delaware? The Ravens went to the AFC Championship Game in his rookie season. I don't think that Flacco being traded is likely, but it is possible depending on his performance and contract demands.




  4. #19

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

    In regards to the original question, I would rather the Biscuit just stay out of all decisions, even if they may be right. I'm quite certain he was behind Cam getting the axe. Harbaugh was never going to do it. Unless Bsiciotti wants to appoint himself as GM then he should stay out of all of these decisions.




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    10,126
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    People think this is crazy talk for the Ravens to trade Flacco, but look at how well so many rookie QBs are doing these days. Also, who was Joe Flacco when he was drafted out of Delaware? The Ravens went to the AFC Championship Game in his rookie season. I don't think that Flacco being traded is likely, but it is possible depending on his performance and contract demands.
    Yeah, you really can't rule that out. These last 3 games and playoffs are going to be huge in determining Flacco's future here.




  6. #21

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    In regards to the original question, I would rather the Biscuit just stay out of all decisions, even if they may be right. I'm quite certain he was behind Cam getting the axe. Harbaugh was never going to do it. Unless Bsiciotti wants to appoint himself as GM then he should stay out of all of these decisions.
    I don't have a problem with him making a decision, but in the off-season. If this was truly his call, it just smacks of Danny Snyder'ism at its worst and can really undermine the authority of your head coach in the locker room.

    I am not questioning the what: I am thrilled Cam is gone. But the more I think about the how, the more uneasy I get.

    Although someone said that Bisciotti made a snap decision to fire Billick, and that worked out fairly well. But again, that was in the off-season. So I guess we'll see...
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 12-11-2012 at 10:11 AM.




  7. #22

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I don't have a problem with him making a decision, but in the off-season. If this was truly his call, it just smacks of Danny Snyder'ism at its worst and can really undermine the authority of your head coach in the locker room.

    I am not questioning the what: I am thrilled Cam is gone. But the, more I think about the how, the more uneasy I get.

    Although someone said that Bisciotti made a snap decision to fire Billick, and that worked out fairly well. But again, that was in the off-season. So I guess we'll see...
    It certainly undermines the authority of your head coach to the point where you are better off firing the head coach. If a head coach wants to make this kind of move, then that head coach should assume the play calling responsibility until a new coordinator can be hired in the offseason. It isn't fair to Caldwell to put him on a hot seat like that. Of course Harbaugh is completely incapable of doing that.

    Maybe you think the Biscuit's move on Billick has worked out fairly well, but I think this team has at least one Superbowl Championship if Billick were still here. Until this past season, our defense has remained solid, and Billick was great at getting the right coordinators in there to keep them elite. Guys that were superstars here left to become nobodies elsewhere. Billick would have never hired Mattison or Pees, especially when Del Rio was out there. As for offense, this offense would be a wet dream for Billick. We all criticize Billick's offenses, but he did the best with what he had. If you gave that man a weapon, and he was really only given 3 or 4 in his whole tenure, he got the most out of that weapon.




  8. #23

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    It certainly undermines the authority of your head coach to the point where you are better off firing the head coach. If a head coach wants to make this kind of move, then that head coach should assume the play calling responsibility until a new coordinator can be hired in the offseason. It isn't fair to Caldwell to put him on a hot seat like that. Of course Harbaugh is completely incapable of doing that.

    Maybe you think the Biscuit's move on Billick has worked out fairly well, but I think this team has at least one Superbowl Championship if Billick were still here. Until this past season, our defense has remained solid, and Billick was great at getting the right coordinators in there to keep them elite. Guys that were superstars here left to become nobodies elsewhere. Billick would have never hired Mattison or Pees, especially when Del Rio was out there. As for offense, this offense would be a wet dream for Billick. We all criticize Billick's offenses, but he did the best with what he had. If you gave that man a weapon, and he was really only given 3 or 4 in his whole tenure, he got the most out of that weapon.
    I really don't want to get this into a Billick vs. Harbaugh thing. I will just make 2 points:

    I thought that in the first part of his career, Billick was a great coach. The perfect hire for the culture of the organization. But coaches (all coaches) eventually lose their voice in the locker room (as Harbaugh may now be losing his..we'll see). I don't think Billick would have gotten the same out of these last 4 years that Harbaugh did.

    And it amazes me how people rag on the defensive coordinators under Harbaugh. Up until this season, all had top 10 (if not top 3) defenses. 2 got hired away as head coaches. If you are going to criticize him for not hiring Del Rio, does he get no credit for Pagano?

    Again, I am not going to get too deeply into this subject. Those were my 2 main thoughts...you can have the last word. Thanks.




  9. #24

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

    Billick had a fat man trying to undermine him at every turn. That's how he lost his voice.




  10. #25

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

    Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about owner-meddling. It's all well and good when it's paying off, but it sure is ugly when it's a Dan Snyder / Jerry Jones / Al Davis situation.

    Hopefully it's always done correctly when it's done, if there is a correct way to do it.

    I reject the implication that someone must be on the "hot seat."

    After the season, everybody gets evaluated. Everybody. There is no plank, at the tip of which one person stands and the others do not.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,717
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    If you are going to criticize him for not hiring Del Rio, does he get no credit for Pagano?

    Again, I am not going to get too deeply into this subject. Those were my 2 main thoughts...you can have the last word. Thanks.
    No he doesn't. Because he went with Peesbrain instead, who has consistantly lower ranked defenses. His thing is the epitomy of bend but don't break and have Tom Brady bail you out time and time again. Sure he looks great when the offense is putting up 50 points a game.




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Severna Park
    Posts
    3,447
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

    Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Billick had a fat man trying to undermine him at every turn. That's how he lost his voice.
    BAM! Exactly!




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Blvd of Broken Dreams
    Posts
    2,227

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

    OK, Cam gone and good riddance..! NEXT?




  14. #29
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

    Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    OK, Cam gone and good riddance..! NEXT?
    flacco? lol




  15. #30

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaug?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I am not sure about that. Bisciotti has a big decision to make about Flacco's contract. If the offense doesn't improve, and Flacco will not accept a reasonable contract offer (~6 years, $72 million), I am not so sure that the Ravens won't franchise Flacco, and then trade him.
    Surely you can't be serious. Joe's next contract will be over 100 million




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland