Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Re: So is Flacco on the hot seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Than why did he let Cam go?
    Because releasing Cam has been a issue of discussion since at least 2 seasons ago, so it wasn't rash.

And while the TEAM was successful, the offense has clearly not developed at the rate or with the consistency that some of our raw talent would indicate it should. So Cam is not as successful an OC as Harbs is a head coach.

Finally, because I don't think it was Steve's decision. I think it was John's with Steve's blessing at least and input at most.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaug?

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    This is what I have heard from a college source and a beat guy who I went to HS with who covers the Ravens. Cam and Harbs go WAAAAAAAYYY back to college years, Cameron hired Harbs, Harbs hired Cam.....they both became very good freinds off the feild and still are. Biscuit wanted to fire Cam after 2010, Harbs talked him out of it, Biscuit wanted to fire Cam after LAST year, Harbs talked him out of it. A compromise was made to change the offense and give Flacco and uptempo offense which he is more happy with, all was happy in the beginning of the season. Caldwell, was a fallback option if things didnt work out. Well, as the season progressed Cam became more of a control freak and dumped the up tempo offense and used poor blocking schemes in the pass and run game (which you saw the results past 4 games). He was told to change blocking schemes and open he offense, but REFUSED. Then Biscuit fired Cam. Biscuit is mad cause Harbaugh got the Ravens into this mess and had no power over Cameron more importantly. Biscuit feels like Harbs thought freindship over the organization, that's why he is on the boiling hotseat for lack of judgement..many players know this and he is less respected in the lockerroom. Is is true? IDK? But, the peices makes sense and the move makes sense. It is a business, and freindships take a backseat. Biscuit feels this is a SB team for the past few years so making playoffs isnt a big deal when comparing with other clubs, SB feels like we are the Patriots, Steelers, Packers etc....
    Truth of fiction, maybe a little of both, but that is what I've been told, by 1 great source and 1 fairly good source.
    I like the thought process.

Shades of Lewis hanging with Bisciotti at Terps games before Billick got fired. Flacco is Bisciotti's newest favorite and Cam gets shitcaned. Makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    At the very least (in your scenario) he approved it.

I see your point, but I am on the other end thinking Steve B didn't get to be a billionaire by holding on to a bunch of people who were almost good enough.
    He's the owner so at the very least, he approved it.

But like SpamBot said above, the most successful coaches need quite a few "whacks at the pinyata (sp)" to actually go to and win a Super Bowl. The more times you get into the playoffs, the more chances you have. I'm sure Biscuit knows that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Because releasing Cam has been a issue of discussion since at least 2 seasons ago, so it wasn't rash.

And while the TEAM was successful, the offense has clearly not developed at the rate or with the consistency that some of our raw talent would indicate it should. So Cam is not as successful an OC as Harbs is a head coach.

Finally, because I don't think it was Steve's decision. I think it was John's with Steve's blessing at least and input at most.
    We'll have to agree to disagree there.

I think Cam's been on the hot seat for awhile. Harbaugh knew it, personally I could see Harbaugh giving him gameballs (which Steve B is there for) to help create a perception he was doing a good job.

I've had plenty of managers in my life and they would do stupid meaningless things (like giving a gameball to Cam) to prop up a guy that wasn't pulling his weight, but they liked them and wanted to keep him on.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post

I agree. If Steve wanted Cam out that badly, why even give him a contract extension?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    I agree. If Steve wanted Cam out that badly, why even give him a contract extension?
    Because it was up last year? Also wasn't it up at the end of this year?

Plus he gave one to Billick only to fire him a year later.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    He's the owner so at the very least, he approved it.

But like SpamBot said above, the most successful coaches need quite a few "whacks at the pinyata (sp)" to actually go to and win a Super Bowl. The more times you get into the playoffs, the more chances you have. I'm sure Biscuit knows that.
    One peice I did not mention because of I didn't think it relevant for this thread, but leads me to it.
    Biscuit and members of the coaching staff where unhappy that they had to rush the FG kicker to kick the tying FG at NE. Some people blame Cundiff rightly so, but a chinese fire drill game for a tying FG should not be a kaos play, especially when you have a timeout. Problem is Cundiff took full blame, but also did not know he had a timeout to call, the coach did. Harbs should of settled down that situation as crucial as it was to restore order. That didn't sit well. Add to that, Biscuit and others where angry that Boldin was not targeted at the end of the game more because he was covered by a small WR named Edelman. Peices I heard from the same beat guy, who can't release these inside nuggets leaked from players and so forth or he wouldnt be a beat guy.

Blog Entries

One peice I did not mention because of I didn't think it relevant for this thread, but leads me to it.
    Biscuit and members of the coaching staff where unhappy that they had to rush the FG kicker to kick the tying FG at NE. Some people blame Cundiff rightly so, but a chinese fire drill game for a tying FG should not be a kaos play, especially when you have a timeout. Problem is Cundiff took full blame, but also did not know he had a timeout to call, the coach did. Harbs should of settled down that situation as crucial as it was to restore order. That didn't sit well. Add to that, Biscuit and others where angry that Boldin was not targeted at the end of the game more because he was covered by a small WR named Edelman. Peices I heard from the same beat guy, who can't release these inside nuggets leaked from players and so forth or he wouldnt be a beat guy.

"That never occurred to me" - John Harbaugh. SMH.

Blog Entries

Boldin should have been targetted all game long like he was on the final drive. He was physically overmatching Julian freaking Edelman. I was screaming about that all game long. It was incredulous that Cam or Flacco for that matter didn't seek to exploit that matchup much sooner. Why didn't Flacco just audible to pass plays to Boldin? You know that Boldin was probably screaming to have have the ball thrown to him with Edelman covering him. It was available all game long. Also, he is ablolutely right about the time out. Harbaugh just brushed off questions about why they didn't use their final time out in that situation, but was never really pressed about it because Cundiff took the blame. It seems like Bisciotti has every right to be upset.

Blog Entries

the more Bolderraven shed light on this, the more I think Harbs may very well be on the hot seat.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    the more Bolderraven shed light on this, the more I think Harbs may very well be on the hot seat.
    Because he has been a beacon of legitimate information?

Come on man...any one of us could have strung that theory together. Hell, a lot of folks on this board have been stating those things for a few years now.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I am not sure what people mean by "hot seat," but under the standard definition, Harbaugh is nowhere near one let alone on one. Might Bisciotti have put his foot down on Cameron? Sure. Might Bisciotti have expressed some concerns or worries or disappointment with some of the team efforts this year. Sure. And of course neither such thing may have happened, nobody knows. But even if they did, that does not equal "hot seat."

Hot seat means things are universally known to be headed in the wrong direction. The coach's performance has been universally known to be unacceptable. Things must change quickly and drastically for the better or else the coach will likely be fired. That is what "hot seat" means to me. And it doesn't apply here. Nor do I see it applying anytime soon barring a bottom-quintile finish in next year's season.