Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaug?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Check out Tony Lombardi's article about Harbaugh being on the hot seat.

http://russellstreetreport.com/harba...-in-baltimore/
    Yeah, I read it. I have been saying this for years and all I get is shouted down about winning percentages, making the playoffs every year.

Great, Cam is gone. He should have been gone at the lockout. But we played it safe and got to a dropped pass of the Super Bowl in a game where we pretty much dominated, but could have dominated more if it weren't for the approach.

Cam was Harbaugh's cancer and again, from all I have read, seen, and heard, Steve Bisciotti prompted this. He, like me, is tired of coming up as an also ran. He pays top dollar in his players, the staff, even the facilities. He got a 'manager' of a coach and not an X's and O's coach and it showed in crucial games.

Damn right Harbaugh is on notice. I still give him 3 years unless a Super Bowl comes or we go 5-11 next year, the Billick precedent for getting fired.

How about this for next year:
    1. Promote Caldwell to HC
    2. Hire Norv Turner as OC
    3. Hire Rex Ryan as DC
    4. Demote Harbaugh to Special Teams Coach

A coaching dream team!!!

Re: So is Flacco on the hot seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

I honestly don't think that Harbs or Flacco are on the hot seat. Stevie B did not become a billionaire by making rash decisions and shit-canning people as successful as Harbs has been. The five straight playoff appearances (yes, we are going to win Sunday) speak for themselves. That being said, I would bet dollars to doughnuts that the players were in fully mutiny mode on Sunday after the loss to the Skins. Thus, Cam's firing. It seemed out of Harbaugh's character to fire someone in season and it had an air of desparation about it. It was either fire Cam or lose the lockerroom. Harbs smartly fired Cam. I think if he hadn't, then he would have been on the hot seat. Or another line of thinking could be that Harbs could be on the hot seat if he cannot win back the players, even after the firing. Stevie B fired one coach because he lost the lockerroom, so it isn't new territory for him. But hell, what do I know?

Blog Entries

IMHO Harbaugh isn't on the hot seat--yet. I think there is a general philosophical clash between him & Bisciotti. Harbaugh avoids risk until he has no choice but to embrace it--he doesn't mind playing predictably or timidly so long as it gets the team to the postseason, where anything can happen. Bisciotti would rather risk bad decisions & mistakes by his difference-maker QB than have him chained to an unimaginative low-risk, tiptoe-into-the-playoffs system.

What remains to be seen is if Harbaugh can live with & coach under the increased risk & uncertainty that comes with a less tightly controlled offense. Can he resist the temptation to bolt the training wheels back on after Flacco has a bad outing? It's not clear he can't--I have personally seen situations where a completely rigid superior suddenly showed surprising flexibility--but if he can't, the guy who canned Brian Billick right after giving him an extension isn't going to be shy about letting him go.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    But hell, what do I know?
    So what is the point of posting if you are going to say both yes and no?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    So what is the point of posting if you are going to say both yes and no?

This is a discussion, no? Just throwing my 2 cents (and a few theories) out there. The truth is none of us are privy to what really is going on at the Castle and all of this is just pure speculation. That being said, it is sure a good discussion.

Blog Entries

If I am Bisciotti, I am also a little annoyed at Ozzie. Why does this have to come from the owner? Why didn't the GM push harder for this move earlier?

This is what I have heard from a college source and a beat guy who I went to HS with who covers the Ravens. Cam and Harbs go WAAAAAAAYYY back to college years, Cameron hired Harbs, Harbs hired Cam.....they both became very good freinds off the feild and still are. Biscuit wanted to fire Cam after 2010, Harbs talked him out of it, Biscuit wanted to fire Cam after LAST year, Harbs talked him out of it. A compromise was made to change the offense and give Flacco and uptempo offense which he is more happy with, all was happy in the beginning of the season. Caldwell, was a fallback option if things didnt work out. Well, as the season progressed Cam became more of a control freak and dumped the up tempo offense and used poor blocking schemes in the pass and run game (which you saw the results past 4 games). He was told to change blocking schemes and open he offense, but REFUSED. Then Biscuit fired Cam. Biscuit is mad cause Harbaugh got the Ravens into this mess and had no power over Cameron more importantly. Biscuit feels like Harbs thought freindship over the organization, that's why he is on the boiling hotseat for lack of judgement..many players know this and he is less respected in the lockerroom. Is is true? IDK? But, the peices makes sense and the move makes sense. It is a business, and freindships take a backseat. Biscuit feels this is a SB team for the past few years so making playoffs isnt a big deal when comparing with other clubs, SB feels like we are the Patriots, Steelers, Packers etc....
    Truth of fiction, maybe a little of both, but that is what I've been told, by 1 great source and 1 fairly good source.

Blog Entries

Stevie B did not become a billionaire by making rash decisions and shit-canning people as successful as Harbs has been.
    Than why did he let Cam go?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Than why did he let Cam go?
    I don't think it was Stevie B's call. I think Harbs made the final decision after consulting with Biscuit. Biscuit isn't the Jerry Jones, micro-manage type. But, if Harbs was on the hot seat, I think it was due to the fact he was too loyal to Cam.

Blog Entries

I don't think it was Stevie B's call. I think Harbs made the final decision after consulting with Biscuit. Biscuit isn't the Jerry Jones, micro-manage type. But, Harbs was on the hot seat, I think it was due to the fact he was too loyal to Cam.
    At the very least (in your scenario) he approved it.

I see your point, but I am on the other end thinking Steve B didn't get to be a billionaire by holding on to a bunch of people who were almost good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    If I am Bisciotti, I am also a little annoyed at Ozzie. Why does this have to come from the owner? Why didn't the GM push harder for this move earlier?
    Yes, I agree. Ozzie is a little passive. He let BB draft Boller when he was against it.