Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 132 of 234
  1. #121

    Re: So is Flacco on the hot seat now, or is it Harbaugh?



    I guess it boils down to how we finish. If we were to go limping into the playoffs and become one and done perhaps the seat will get a little warmer but not hot enough for Bisciotti to fire Harbaugh. If memory serves me correctly I don't think any coach has ever got fired for taking his team to the playoffs 5 straight years.

    No hot seat for Joe though but plenty of pressure. He needs to prove that Cam was the issue and not him. Unfortanately I don't think he's going to get a fair shake because 3 games is not enough sample size. Let's hope so.




  2. #122

    Re: So is Flacco on the hot seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I guess it boils down to how we finish. If we were to go limping into the playoffs and become one and done perhaps the seat will get a little warmer but not hot enough for Bisciotti to fire Harbaugh. If memory serves me correctly I don't think any coach has ever got fired for taking his team to the playoffs 5 straight years.

    No hot seat for Joe though but plenty of pressure. He needs to prove that Cam was the issue and not him. Unfortanately I don't think he's going to get a fair shake because 3 games is not enough sample size. Let's hope so.
    Yes.
    Way Down South in New Orleans




  3. #123
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,806

    Re: So is Flacco on the hot seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    If memory serves me correctly I don't think any coach has ever got fired for taking his team to the playoffs 5 straight years.
    No coach has been to the playoffs his first five years. If we make it this year, Harbs will be the one and only coach to have ever done so.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  4. #124
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,339

    Re: So is Flacco on the hot seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

    Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    I guess it boils down to how we finish. If we were to go limping into the playoffs and become one and done perhaps the seat will get a little warmer but not hot enough for Bisciotti to fire Harbaugh. If memory serves me correctly I don't think any coach has ever got fired for taking his team to the playoffs 5 straight years.

    For Harbaugh there may be more to it than that. I read (can't remember where) that he's been rubbing people the wrong way i.e. Font office, players etc.

    No hot seat for Joe though but plenty of pressure. He needs to prove that Cam was the issue and not him. Unfortanately I don't think he's going to get a fair shake because 3 games is not enough sample size. Let's hope so.
    I agree. If we see the exact performance over the next 3 games and whatever playoff games there may be, than there is plenty of pressure for Joe and I think he gets franchised.

    If he starts showing a lot of improvement or starts lighting it up, than I think he gets a deal and there is pressure to continue to do that, but not as much as if he keeps the status quo.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  5. #125

    Re: So is Flacco on the hot seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    For Harbaugh there may be more to it than that. I read (can't remember where) that he's been rubbing people the wrong way i.e. Font office, players etc.



    I agree. If we see the exact performance over the next 3 games and whatever playoff games there may be, than there is plenty of pressure for Joe and I think he gets franchised.

    If he starts showing a lot of improvement or starts lighting it up, than I think he gets a deal and there is pressure to continue to do that, but not as much as if he keeps the status quo.
    Well his love affair with the media is no secret that's for sure. As for rubbing the front office the wrong way I have not heard or read anything on that but friction between him and some players absolutely as the so called "October Mutiny" article written by Jason Cole pointed out.




  6. #126

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaug?

    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Both are safe.
    Thinking Harbaugh is a lock to be safe! Too many injuries on the defense
    couldn't be overcome. Now Flacco, he is safe but has to be on shaky ground
    in acquiring the almost elite qb contract that his agent probably turned down
    before the season. If Joe does sign a contract in the off season, I guessing it will be filled with incentives. Joe's play is just too inconsistent so the Ravens should let Flacco's performance back up his elite qb talk!




  7. #127
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,917

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaug?

    Check out Tony Lombardi's article about Harbaugh being on the hot seat.

    http://russellstreetreport.com/harba...-in-baltimore/




  8. #128

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaug?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Check out Tony Lombardi's article about Harbaugh being on the hot seat.

    http://russellstreetreport.com/harba...-in-baltimore/
    As I said earlier from a good source (right more than wrong) Harbs is on the hotseat. How they finish out and play in the postseason will determine if he comes back. Any coach could of led this team to the playoffs past few seasons. This year he has had the injury bug bite him in the arse. But, 2 games they should of lost Dallas & SD are wins, plus a lot of narrow escapes vs KC, Cleveland and Pittsburgh (Who stinks). He is not safe, he isnt the only stubborn coach in the locker they have/had. Biscuit only looks forward not back.




  9. #129
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaug?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    As I said earlier from a good source (right more than wrong) Harbs is on the hotseat. How they finish out and play in the postseason will determine if he comes back. Any coach could of led this team to the playoffs past few seasons. This year he has had the injury bug bite him in the arse. But, 2 games they should of lost Dallas & SD are wins, plus a lot of narrow escapes vs KC, Cleveland and Pittsburgh (Who stinks). He is not safe, he isnt the only stubborn coach in the locker they have/had. Biscuit only looks forward not back.
    if big mac plays this week then for sure he is on the hot seat




  10. #130
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    5,574
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaug?

    Tony's credibility is very strong, plus Boulderraven have called some things in the past and he's been right more than wrong before the news even drop, I think Harbs may really be on the hot seat.




  11. #131
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,918
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaug?

    Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    As I said earlier from a good source (right more than wrong) Harbs is on the hotseat. How they finish out and play in the postseason will determine if he comes back. Any coach could of led this team to the playoffs past few seasons. This year he has had the injury bug bite him in the arse. But, 2 games they should of lost Dallas & SD are wins, plus a lot of narrow escapes vs KC, Cleveland and Pittsburgh (Who stinks). He is not safe, he isnt the only stubborn coach in the locker they have/had. Biscuit only looks forward not back.
    If Harbs keeps these stubborn coaches around, he should be fired. There is no room for that kind of crap in the NFL.




  12. #132
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Posts
    790

    Re: So is Flacco on the hot seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Cowher: .623 winning percentage. Missed the playoffs 5 of his 15 seasons. Won 1 Superbowl in 15 tries.
    Gruden: .540 winning percentage. Missed the playoffs in 6 of his 11 seasons. Won 1 Superbowl in 11 tries.
    Payton: (Sean?) .646 winning percentage. Missed the playoffs 2 of his 6 seasons. Won 1 Superbowl in 6 tries.
    Arians: 1 Season as interim head coach. .800 winning percentage in 10 games. Likely to make first playoff appearance. No Superbowl in 0 tries.

    Harbs: .688 winning percentage. Missed the playoffs in 0 of his 5 seasons. Won 0 Superbowls in 4 tries.

    Not seeing a clear upgrade in that list unless Arians is able to maintain his lightning in a bottle season. But more importantly, for all the talk about how Harbs "should" have a Superbowl by now, that list clearly shows that even the best come up short in the vast majority of seasons. The all time Superbowl winner Chuck Noll got 4 in 24 seasons. That still means he went 6 years without for every season with. This fan obsession with immediate gratification is unrealistic, and it shows a clear lack of understanding of what a ludicrously high bar "Superbowl or bust" is to hold a coach to. By such a standard, Chuck Noll was a a bust 20 times.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland