Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about owner-meddling. It's all well and good when it's paying off, but it sure is ugly when it's a Dan Snyder / Jerry Jones / Al Davis situation.

Hopefully it's always done correctly when it's done, if there is a correct way to do it.

I reject the implication that someone must be on the "hot seat."

After the season, everybody gets evaluated. Everybody. There is no plank, at the tip of which one person stands and the others do not.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    If you are going to criticize him for not hiring Del Rio, does he get no credit for Pagano?

Again, I am not going to get too deeply into this subject. Those were my 2 main thoughts...you can have the last word. Thanks.
    No he doesn't. Because he went with Peesbrain instead, who has consistantly lower ranked defenses. His thing is the epitomy of bend but don't break and have Tom Brady bail you out time and time again. Sure he looks great when the offense is putting up 50 points a game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    Billick had a fat man trying to undermine him at every turn. That's how he lost his voice.
    BAM! Exactly!

OK, Cam gone and good riddance..! NEXT?

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    OK, Cam gone and good riddance..! NEXT?
    flacco? lol

Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaug?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I am not sure about that. Bisciotti has a big decision to make about Flacco's contract. If the offense doesn't improve, and Flacco will not accept a reasonable contract offer (~6 years, $72 million), I am not so sure that the Ravens won't franchise Flacco, and then trade him.
    Surely you can't be serious. Joe's next contract will be over 100 million

So it's now just being stated as a fact that Steve fired Cam rather than Harbaugh? The same Harbaugh who got into a public screaming match with him the day before and who took full credit for the firing today?

Tell me guys, who in the castle do you know who's giving such juicy info? Because from where I'm sitting, it looks like you're all pulling it out of your asses.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

iggyman555 Guest

Moeller?

Blog Entries

In regards to the original question, I would rather the Biscuit just stay out of all decisions, even if they may be right. I'm quite certain he was behind Cam getting the axe. Harbaugh was never going to do it. Unless Bsiciotti wants to appoint himself as GM then he should stay out of all of these decisions.

I am guessing that Flacco wants a contractt in the $100mil range at least $40-45miltext guaranteed. Since that money comes out of Bisciotti's bank account, there is 0% that he is not heavily involved in the process. Harbaugh fucked up by not firing Cameron in 2010/2011 and kind of put Bisciotti's back against the wall. It would be pretty hard to give Flacco the kind of money he presumably wants without seeing what he can do in a different system. So the Ravens will probaby be forced to tag him next year which is really going to cripple the team.

Maybe you think the Biscuit's move on Billick has worked out fairly well, but I think this team has at least one Superbowl Championship if Billick were still here.
    Billick didn't even get the first championship. He rode on the coat tails of Marvin Lewis defense. Billick was brought in as an offensive guru. He never established anything close to an effective offense while he was here. All he did was stay out of the way of one of the best defenses the league has ever seen.

No way would they have had this much success with brainy Brian and his schizophrenic offense.

Blog Entries

Re: So is Flacco on tht seat now, or is it Harbaug?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens27Girl View Post
    Flacco and Harbaugh are safe. Any speculation otherwise is completely unfounded. The next few weeks will be interesting to watch but let's not expect miracles here. Rome was not built in a day.
    Caldwell isn't building from the ground up. This isn't the Kansas City Chiefs offense that he's trying to improve. This is an offense that was ranked in the top 10 at one point this season, they led the league in plays over 20 yards by a mile. They've had some downright explosive offensive performances this season. They are capable, they've proven that much. Can they perform to their capability consistently? That is what Caldwell has to get them to do. And that is a hell of a lot easier than starting over with nothing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    Billick didn't even get the first championship. He rode on the coat tails of Marvin Lewis defense. Billick was brought in as an offensive guru. He never established anything close to an effective offense while he was here. All he did was stay out of the way of one of the best defenses the league has ever seen.

No way would they have had this much success with brainy Brian and his schizophrenic offense.
    If you dont think billick was absolutely pivotal in our SB year, you were either pretty young at the time or your memory is a little foggy. From making the change to Dilfer midseason, to developing a ball control attack with a dominant rookie RB, to really setting the tone for the team and cultivating a team identity for the playoff run. Billick was the perfect coach for that team. His win/loss percentage over his nine years here speaks for itself, especially considering that he did it without ever having even a halfway decent QB. Our window with the Harbs regime was the 2010 and 2011 seasons. Billick would have gotten a ring one of those years.