Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 17181920 LastLast

Re: So is Flacco on the hot seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    This.

I also questioned not going for 2 when down 34-16 early in the 4th quarter. My buddy said, "The game is over, it doesn't matter". OK..I agree...holding the Broncos scoreless and in the process scoring 2 TDs and 2 successful conversions was not likely.

But then somebody explain why the hell Harbaugh is then kicking on-side kicks, calling time-outs with 3 minutes to go...having Flacco drop back to pass on the last drive.

Clearly, this was the WORST coaching performance by Harbaugh. He was awful.
    The in-game snafus were horrific. But on top of all that, the players put in no effort after all the chips were down. Torrey Smith and Anquan Boldin were JOGGING THROUGH THEIR ROUTES. Michael Oher wasn't even trying on the last 2 plays of the game that got Flacco blown up with bad sacks.

You simply can't go through a game with that lack of motivation and discipline and think the coaches are doing a good job. The locker room is collapsing and Harbaugh must be held accountable.

What a difference between the Pats last night and the Ravens. Wow those Pats looked out of it but they never stopped fighting. Ravens could have starred in one of those 'want to get away' commercials after the pick 6.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    What a difference between the Pats last night and the Ravens. Wow those Pats looked out of it but they never stopped fighting. Ravens could have starred in one of those 'want to get away' commercials after the pick 6.
    The team packed it in after the pick 6.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I had no problem with the lack of timeout to end the first half (up until the disasterous play). There was plenty of time and we definitely wanted to leave as little time as possible on the clock to prevent a Manning FG response. But we were acting like we were in a rush, which is inexplicable and ultimately costly. It was a terrible effort by someone, and I guess I have to include Harbaugh there.

The challenge was of course also blatantly stupid. Was just giving away a 2nd half timeout. And the funny thing is he didn't challenge a long first half incompletion on us that looked clearly closer than the one he challenged (for the record I think the first half challenge would have lost as well, but it at least would have been a defensible decision).

I can't give Harbaugh high marks for yesterday at all. Motivation was down, and the few in-game decisions were either standard (required no special skill) or mistakes.
    To be honest, I was telling her, we have plenty of time, we donn't need to call one when we ahve 3 left. But as I was watching them hurry, almost in a panic, I was wishing they would have called one. That turnover is on Flacco but you gotta wonder what if anything would have gone differently had they been settled.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

Yeah they did and Denver was ready to be had.....if you were watching on TV you could see the look on Manning's face the first quarter. He even talked about it after the game, knowing we had the opening possession in the 2nd half. A loss is a loss, and this one in on Flacco.....now lets see how he responds next week.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    To be honest, I was telling her, we have plenty of time, we donn't need to call one when we ahve 3 left. But as I was watching them hurry, almost in a panic, I was wishing they would have called one. That turnover is on Flacco but you gotta wonder what if anything would have gone differently had they been settled.
    At least we would have been in the game.......
    Way Down South in New Orleans

And that's something I did have a big problem with during the game. Then to watch the Patriots come back from the exact same score, but with much less time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    And that's something I did have a big problem with during the game. Then to watch the Patriots come back from the exact same score, but with much less time.
    That's one thing I was really pissed about. It was a slim chance of winning at that point, but you don't just give up.

Blog Entries

No sense of urgency. Which is somewhat understandable when you're down 17 points at halftime & you've practically clinched a postseason spot & only need one win in your last 3 games to get a home game as well. If that's as high as your aspirations go, there really is no urgency.

Of course if they had somehow managed to fight back & win the game, the Pats' loss last night would have them in line for the #2 seed & a week off. That's why you keep playing hard--who knows what might break in your favor. (What's the old saw about luck being the intersection of opportunity and preparation?)

I wonder how many of the players saw that result & thought, Damn, we missed a real opportunity. Most if not all, I'd guess. But I really wonder how many then said to themselves, We really blew it--we should have been fighting like sonsofbitches all 60 minutes--& how many Too fucking bad Flacco threw the game away with that pick-6. My guess? Not enough of the former & too damn many of the latter.

I also wonder how much of the players' demeanor reflects their coach's attitude that the only really important thing to accomplish during the season is to get a ticket to the dance--because nothing happens without it, & once you have it anything can happen. Pusillanimous. As Robert Browning put it,

Quote Originally Posted by "Andrea Del Sarto"
    Ah, that a man's reach should exceed his grasp,
    Or what's a heaven for?
    Last edited by lobachevsky; 12-17-2012 at 02:52 PM.

10. Re: So is Flacco on the hot seat now, or is it Harbaugh?

First time poster and I agree that this team lacks a "killer instinct" and they most definitely have no sense of urgency and that was apparent from yesterdays game.

I don't like the Patriots at all and hate to give them credit, but for those of you who watched that game last night.....WOW!!! That's how a team should respond when a visitor team attempts to come into their home and try to embarrass them. I saw a team that even tho they ended up losing, did not give up after what seemed like an impossible point deficit.

Blog Entries

I wonder what the locker room is like after that one? Harbaugh is in a brand new territory here these are things he has never dealth with as a head coach. Ozzie and comp need to take some heat for some of this shit too. I won't put it all on joe just yet, we need to see joe under system that is built for him and better talent on the oline before i write him off, but if joe think he is still elite he needs to take a long look in the got damn mirror.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shake&Bake1199 View Post
    First time poster and I agree that this team lacks a "killer instinct" and they most definitely have no sense of urgency and that was apparent from yesterdays game.

I don't like the Patriots at all and hate to give them credit, but for those of you who watched that game last night.....WOW!!! That's how a team should respond when a visitor team attempts to come into their home and try to embarrass them. I saw a team that even tho they ended up losing, did not give up after what seemed like an impossible point deficit.
    brady wouldnt let them give up