Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 48
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Stevensville, MD
    Posts
    1,464

    Fire Cameron! Oh wait....



    Cameron isn't perfect, but I think it's obvious now this team has issues that were beyond his control. The offensive line is shit. Flacco is an overall good QB who was shit today, and who isn't going to carry a team. He's not Peyton, Brady, or Ben and never will be. I'm not saying get rid of him, but they might want to keep options open.

    This offseason they better makeover the o-line and maybe think about using a mid-round pick on a QB.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...





  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado (via Gaithersburg, MD)
    Posts
    677
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fire Cameron! Oh wait....

    Joe Flacco is a much bigger reason this offense struggles than we previously wanted to admit. And it hurts to say that.




  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    Joe Flacco is a much bigger reason this offense struggles than we previously wanted to admit. And it hurts to say that.
    Yeah, all the success on the team is someone else's doing, while all the struggles are on Flacco. Flacco is the reason Rice isn't running well. Michael Oher is really a great LT. Flacco is the reason Oher sucks at that position.

    Flacco is definitely struggling right now. No doubt about it. But to put the entire struggle of the offense squarely on him is once again a severe overreaction.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Calvert County
    Posts
    2,257
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Fire Cameron! Oh wait....

    I'm not one for excuses but you can't judge Flacco today without including the fact that the offensive line was a sieve. How many times was he hurried? I heard 15+ on the radio, not sure if that's official or not. There were times when he had about 1.5 seconds to throw the ball. No QB is going to succeed like that.




  5. #5

    Re: Fire Cameron! Oh wait....

    Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I'm not one for excuses but you can't judge Flacco today without including the fact that the offensive line was a sieve. How many times was he hurried? I heard 15+ on the radio, not sure if that's official or not. There were times when he had about 1.5 seconds to throw the ball. No QB is going to succeed like that.
    And I thought he still threw some niice balls even early in the 3rd when Denver was still playing usual defense, just penalties killed those drives and he even showed some pocket precenses, evading some rushers, just that pick, killed them all but the O line sucks and when they do, usually he does like most QBs do, hell Peyton did not look so hot in the begginning when the Ravens were gettign some pressure, they just could keep it up and Peyton became Peyton again.

    Joe played bad but so did the O as a whole, hopefully some things were learned that will help next week.

    And Dallas just beat Pittsburgh after a bad INT by Ben.




  6. #6

    Re: Fire Cameron! Oh wait....

    Denver is a pretty good team with a strong defense. Today would have happened with or without Cam. They are still using Cam's playbook. It will take a while to undo all of Cam's damage.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,731
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Fire Cameron! Oh wait....

    Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Yeah, all the success on the team is someone else's doing, while all the struggles are on Flacco. Flacco is the reason Rice isn't running well. Michael Oher is really a great LT. Flacco is the reason Oher sucks at that position.

    Flacco is definitely struggling right now. No doubt about it. But to put the entire struggle of the offense squarely on him is once again a severe overreaction.

    Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    So, your still in denial that Flacco might be a part of the problem? With just one week for Caldwell to put his stamp on the O, I don't think you can make that declaration just yet but you gotta admit Flacco is running out of excuses. First it was the wr's suck. We go out add a bunch of speed and young talent for him to grow with it. Then it was Cam sucks. Well Cam is gone. Now it's the OL sucks. It's never Flacco just isn't what we thought he could be.




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    15,312
    Blog Entries
    1
    Did the team just fire the best coach on the payroll? Time will tell
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  9. #9

    Re: Fire Cameron! Oh wait....

    You must unlearn what you have learned....

    Gonna take some time to fully extricate Cam from this offense and Joe. Problem is Joe only knows Cam and figured out how to be pretty successful under that strict system. He may take a step back if he wants to take two steps forward.




  10. #10

    Re: Fire Cameron! Oh wait....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Did the team just fire the best coach on the payroll? Time will tell

    I bet his phone is ringing off the hook with job offers. Miami at the head of the line...




  11. #11

    Re: Fire Cameron! Oh wait....

    Joe was directly responsible for a huge change in momentum and gave the other team 7 points. A play that cannot possibly be blamed on anyone else.

    He also started the game off on a horrible fumble after he got the first down on the sneak.

    You can't blame an entire game on 2 plays, but handing the ball to Peyton Manning at midfield on an unforced error...and having an unforced error that resulted in a 14 point swing cannot be ignored.

    I know it sucks to put a lot of blame on him, but he is the Quarterback and the most important player on the field and the most influential guy in regards of success or failure.

    Joe gets a ton of credit when he is out there and everybody else is on top of their game. He will also get a ton of blame when things are crashing around him. It's the same with every QB out there.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  12. #12

    Re: Fire Cameron! Oh wait....

    Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    You must unlearn what you have learned....

    Gonna take some time to fully extricate Cam from this offense and Joe. Problem is Joe only knows Cam and figured out how to be pretty successful under that strict system. He may take a step back if he wants to take two steps forward.
    When exactly is Joe Flacco gonna be on the hook for Joe Flacco?

    My goodness.

    PP




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland