Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Does Joe Flacco, a/k/a Joe Statue, have a Low Football IQ?

No more Cam to blame. Now we will see who's at fault. What happens if Flacco still stinks after the change? Do you pay him and hope things get better or do you dump him and bring in a vet or draft a replacement and pray that he is any good....

Now with Cam gone... Joe is Caldwell's problem.

Perhaps he can convince Joe to stop thrwoing passes off is back foot. Seldom does he complete one of his (many a game) back foot throws and the third quater ridiculous interception was an example of what can happen.

I don't think 3-4 games sans-Cameron is enough evaluation to determine how much of the problems were Joe's. So if we really need more info before ponying up huge money to Joe, then we have to franchise him. But franchising him will wreak havoc on our cap next year.

I think a lot depends on Joe's demands. I don't think anyone really has a clear idea of what they were before the season started or what they are now.

Sorry, but I cannot take any thread seriously that namecalls our players. We have no player on the team called "Joe Statue".

Quote Originally Posted by Firststater View Post
    "Does Joe Flacco, a/k/a Joe Statue, have a Low Football IQ?" Yep, no doubt about it. Blitz coming from his left. He sees the blitz formation and never seems to adjust the offense to compensate. He invariably takes the sack, and more than likely will fumble the ball when hit in the 4th Qtr. Pittsburgh knows the drill well. For years everyone wondered if he could read defenses. Some are still asking that same question in his 5th year. Plus, some of his press conferences are mundane and high-school like in information transfer.
    What about on the next drive when the defense lined up in the same overload blitz and Joe hit Boldin crossing behind the blitz. The play that set up the Rice TD? Cherry picking bad plays is easy to do with any QB. That would be like criticizing Rice for getting a negative yard or missing a whole and getting caught in the backfield. This offense has very few easy throws for a QB. The play calling never allows him to get in a rhythm.

Quote Originally Posted by NC Raven View Post
    His numbers through the first 5 seasons compare very favorably with Brady's. They also compare favorably with Peyton Manning
    Not really. Compare the rankings among their peers in all major categories. Such a comparison is not "very favorable" to Joe. Not at all.

I do agree that one cannot definitively label a person's ceiling after a few or even 5 years. But you can still evaluate progress or make judgments about whether there is some kind of limiting factor that might affect an eventual ceiling.

For me, until I see Joe without Cameron, I will not be able to make a firm judgment about him. But I also am in the camp that thinks Joe is partially responsible for our struggles (even if Cameron is primarily responsible).

Joe's problem is largely consistency.
    Our offense's problem (post Cam) is the sub-par pass blocking OL.

Fix the OL and you'll see a more consistent Joe AND a better passing game...that in-turn gives you a better two-headed monster at RB.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I don't think 3-4 games sans-Cameron is enough evaluation to determine how much of the problems were Joe's. So if we really need more info before ponying up huge money to Joe, then we have to franchise him. But franchising him will wreak havoc on our cap next year.

I think a lot depends on Joe's demands. I don't think anyone really has a clear idea of what they were before the season started or what they are now.
    It's hard to say what amount of time would be "enough." I would argue that the Flacco situation is the single most important contract negotiation in Ravens history. ANY additional information helps the decision-making process.

There's so many unknown variables that make it impossible to speculate as fans... as you said, we have no idea what Flacco is demanding outside of what has been leaked to the press, and information leaked to the press is totally unreliable. People involved in the negotiations don't leak info to inform anybody, but rather to manipulate the situation to their advantage. I believe absolutely nothing I've heard thus far.

Joe can scramble well enough. We've seen it plenty of times. He's actually quite good at it. He just seems bad at sensing the blitz from his blindside, that's all. Whenever the blitz is on his front, he moves perfectly to where he needs to go. He can buy plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    Joe can scramble well enough. We've seen it plenty of times. He's actually quite good at it. He just seems bad at sensing the blitz from his blindside, that's all. Whenever the blitz is on his front, he moves perfectly to where he needs to go. He can buy plenty of time.
    The blitz that caused him to throw the interception in the red-zone was from his front side. He never saw it because he was staring down his primary receiver (pre and post snap).

If it takes Joe longer then make the play selection quicker. Have your OL put their helmets in the bellies of th DL so they can't block the pass and gttr done. However, Joe must learn to after 2.5 seconds to through the ball in the dirt while at the same time being mindful of intentional grounding. A no huddle, short passing game with an occasional long one, will suit Joe. Just like Peyton he's more a pocket passer than a scrambler. And let's not forget about Rice and Pierce.

I find it amusing that this thread was started by poster named Akili. lmao

Akili Smith just because you were horrific with the Bengals there's no reason tot ake it out on Joe. :p