Page 48 of 49 FirstFirst ... 46474849 LastLast

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Not sure what you mean by indicting Flacco. He made an obvious mistake IMHO. Not saying we need to get rid of him or that he isn't good. Don't know why I can' point out a huge play in the game and simply say, that particular play was Player "X"'s fault. We do it for everybody else...but when it's Flacco, everybody gets super defensive.

As for the play...sorry buddy other than the Redskins showing the blitz from jump and Joe being in the shotgun, it is exactly the same...and Joe holding the ball and Eli getting rid of it. Both blitzes came from the right side of the formation. Both had guys completely free bearing down from the right side. Neither guy had time to step up in the pocket.

Joe drifted back a couple steps after his drop from the snap. Eli immediately launched the ball. Eli actually turned his entire body around to protect himself after his throwing motion. T

Whatever man. You just tried to basically make it out like we were the only team in the league in the last...who knows how many decades...that doesn't have a hot route available.

The play could have been salvaged by the QB. No matter how bad you think the play call from the sideline is.
    Where did I say that. We obviously don't use if often. It exists I know but's it not something that Cameron uses. I think Joe did try to salvage(key word) the play, but was hit as he threw and ball bounced around into Fletchers hands. Why are they using high risk plays in the RZ with points to be made is my point. That situation shouldn't have to SALVAGED.

I just think you seem to be stuck on the specifics of formations...I am looking at the end result of the plays up until the QB either throws in Eli's case or gets hit while trying to throw in Joe's case.
    I'm stuck on the specifics of the formation because they present two very different scenerios for the QB. The result is different because the QB's are in two completely different spots and receiving the ball in two completely different places. The formation has everything to do with it.

In both videos, pressure came from the same side, both had a completely free rusher regardless of how many blockers there were, and both rushers got there very quickly. Joe had time to take 2 short steps back after a shotgun drop, Eli did not on his drop. I would argue that the guy got to Eli even quicker than Joe. Even if Eli took a sack right there, that would be a more heads up play than trying to throw with a guy draped over you.
    Here is the problem though. Both QB's released the ball around same time from the time they had the ball in their hands. And actually if you go back and time it, Flacco is getting the ball out faster than Eli. I counted 1 1/2 seconds for Flacco, and that includes him peddling back. That's arm going forward. Eli releases about a 1/4 second later.

And watch the videos one more time. Yes, the free blitzer comes from the same side. But because Joe is in the shotgun the blitzer comes straight line at him and gets in FRONT of him, which is why he peddled back. Eli's blitzers are coming from his side, and the only reason they are in his face is because Eli looked that way and was throwing sideline, where Joe was looking at the middle of the field. Also, Eli may not have leaned forward, but he had enough time to set his feet for that throw. Joe did not, despite being in the shotgun.

My point here is that you are taking two very different plays with two very different formations, with the quarterback in two very different positions, and trying to compare the reactions of the QB's when it's not quite fair. If you have Flacco in the same formation, or Eli in the same formation, then it's a fair comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post
    Yep, Orioleshangout.com has some smart posters. Love thier board. Best place for Baltimore sports opinions.

Blog Entries

Here is why this happened in my view:

1) We hire Caldwell. Instantly Cam is put on notice that there is a new threat to him in the building. Just like with Zorn. It is well documented Zorn and Flacco really got along. Cam probably thought this somehow undermined his authority, didn't like it, and had Zorn removed. Flacco was upset. And apparently a similar relationship exists now with Caldwell.

2) From what I've read, Cam is a control freak. Apparently his way is the only/best way. We already know he is rigid, to a fault. From Aaron Wilson it seems Caldwell had a lot to do with installing the no-huddle package in the offseason. We know this package has had success, and that Joe prefers it. We ran it a lot in the beginning, and yet have stopped as of late. Joe has noted he doesn't know why we stopped using it. In view of what we know, it seems to me Cam maybe intentionally stopped using it because it was making Caldwell look better and better - the system that Caldwell was integral in is successful and favored by the QB. Once again Cam feels like his authority is threatened, so he kills the no huddle, reverts almost exclusively back to "his" system and uses the "game flow" excuse for why the no-huddle is no longer being run - even though we all know you can use no-huddle to dictate your own game flow (see NE).

3) The offense has been inconsistent all year, just like in years past. Vry little progress if any. Consistently middle to lower half of the league in most categories. We look amazing one minute and then lost and confused the next. The mainstream media has even noted it. It was broadcast on Ravens wrap-up program that Boldin literally went to the sideline and told Cam to change the plays up because they defense knew exactly what we were going to do. Embarrassing for Cam. No end in sight of this jekyl and hyde offense it seemed.

4) We are one 4th and 29 play away from losing 3 straight. We barely beat Pitt. in Pitt. Ray Rice seemingly discontent about under usage. The two games we have lost have been a full effort team loss, but it is clear the offense sputtered as usual in each of those games, not too mention the turnovers which have been killer. A lot of that is on Joe, but Cam once again calls plays that do not fit the situation. This is nothing new. He has done this over and over - no game plan adjustment. Calling a play that takes 5 seconds to develop when he knows the opposing D will be blitzing. Joe gets creamed, as expected, and is either sacked for a loss or fumbles. We have seen it time and time again.

5) Steve B finally had enough. He has a multi-million dollar decision to make and needs to know if the Cam/Flacco issues have been the barrier or if we have simply seen the best of what Flacco can offer. Time to see what Flacco can do with more liberty and freedom, instead of having old man Cam beating the same tired rhetoric in his ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimoreboy View Post
    Someone on this board just posted the same thing you saw on page 4 of that thread. I wonder if they are the same guy?

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Someone on this board just posted the same thing you saw on page 4 of that thread. I wonder if they are the same guy?
    Maybe. Didn't want to handle it like that, but the cat's out of the bag now. I should have assumed that people on this forum also read that forum.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    It seems so clear now that Cam was being outshined by Caldwell and therefore stripped out the input of Caldwell as the season has worn on. Cam held the team back because he couldn't relinquish his selfish control of the offense.

Flacco and Rice had enough, two losses makes everything look worse and presto - bye bye Cam.

Blog Entries

I don't really know what to make of it. But two things are disconcerting. One, if they knew that Cam was a cancer in that locker room, what took so long for Harbaugh to act? Secondly if it wasn't Harbaugh, but in fact, Bisciotti who stepped in and gave the order, then does Harbaugh have the ability to move on and not resent his players for pulling a power play? My dislike for Harbaugh stems from the fact that he has always made it known that its all about the coaches. Can he move on?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I don't really know what to make of it. But two things are disconcerting. One, if they knew that Cam was a cancer in that locker room, what took so long for Harbaugh to act? Secondly if it wasn't Harbaugh, but in fact, Bisciotti who stepped in and gave the order, then does Harbaugh have the ability to move on and not resent his players for pulling a power play? My dislike for Harbaugh stems from the fact that he has always made it known that its all about the coaches. Can he move on?
    But couldn't you argue that he does that to shift the pressure from the players?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Look, I am after John like a junkyard dog would be on a trespasser. But the way I look at it, the training wheels are now off. Bill Belicheck didn't exactly tear it up until Brady. Maybe now, without his security blanked and scapegoat, he will either sink or swim.

But I'll be straining at the leash, but I will give him a respit to see what happens the next 3 weeks. It will tell as much about him as it will Joe Flacco.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    But couldn't you argue that he does that to shift the pressure from the players?
    In some cases, yes. But when you allow a coach to be rigid, stubborn and obstinate causing a near mutiny on both sides of the ball, pissing off your franchise quarterback who never had a good relationship with said coach I think the players may have sensed more loyalty to him at their expense.