Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
Results 445 to 456 of 585
  1. #445

    Re: Coaching Change?



    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    According to Aaron, decision made last night, firing happened this AM...

    Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Hearing the decision to fire Cam Cameron was made last night at roughly 7 p.m., then carried out this morning.
    Right. But like I said, the Ravens kept a tight lid on the whole thing until the official release came out this morning; yet now the Ravens organization is so leaky that we are getting specific details from Drew about how the decision was made? I just don't buy it.




  2. #446
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    where my head touches the pillow
    Posts
    5,740
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Coaching Change?

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    If he was it could explain why Harbaugh freaked out on Cam. It could be, Harbaugh is on the hot seat too and felt the pressure.
    he must be because I have never seen harbaugh did that to any of his coaches during a game ever, he is so professional you wonder if the man has any emotions because of it, there was definitely something going on in the workings behind the scenes that put some pressure on Harbs for him to freak out on the sidelines like that. He may be on the hot seat.




  3. #447
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Westminster - Raventown, MD!
    Posts
    13,064
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Coaching Change?

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Of course he was. In the sense that this was a major move and you go to your owner to before you do something like this to keep him in the loop. But the idea that it must have been Steve's DECISION has no founding in evidence.
    No specific evidence, but certainly, this is not Harbaugh's usual behavior. Seems like Front Office was upset and wanted a change, Harbaugh knew he had to do SOMETHING to jump start the offense and went along with it.
    .
    .
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.


    Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!




  4. #448
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,171

    Re: Coaching Change?

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    If he was it could explain why Harbaugh freaked out on Cam. It could be, Harbaugh is on the hot seat too and felt the pressure.
    Or it could have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Only a fool thinks Harbaugh is satisfied with this team's offensive performances. Not firing Cam sooner had a lot more to do with the risk of not being able to replace him with someone effective than it did with being content with his results. Harbs' seat is cool for at least 2 more seasons, especially considering that he's going to win the division for the second year in a row despite dealing with the worst rash of injuries since our disastrous 07 season.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  5. #449
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    382

    Re: Coaching Change?

    Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    It would be foolish to tell them otherwise, that's for sure. As a sergeant, I never tell my soldiers I'm being forced to do something from higher that they don't like. I'm the asshole. The commander is the good guy. I once talked a commander into releasing everyone early, and then went out and told them "against my better advice, the commander has decided to let you bums go early today. Apparently, he thinks you worked hard enough."
    I laughed out loud when I read this. Reminds me so much of Recruit Training @ Parris Island. The Senior DI was ALWAYS, ALWAYS the good guy.




  6. #450
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,346

    Re: Coaching Change?

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Dude. Really?
    What's wrong with speculating. Just thinking out loud and connecting the dots, IF Harbaugh were on the hot seat.

    You saw him freak out on him, I didn't have a microphone next to them, did you...?
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  7. #451
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    3,268
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Coaching Change?

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    To me, the biggest risk is that 3, 4 or 5 games is a damn small sample size to judge a player or a coach.
    That's a fair quibble. I tend to agree. But it is a 3, 4, or 5 game larger sample than they would have had otherwise, & it's enough to see how people work together & respond to stress. I'm an applied mathematician/statistician by trade, & I'm the first to urge caution when the sample size is small, but often you don't have the luxury of waiting for more data.
    And is your playoff calculations correct? Has that been confirmed anywhere?
    I have not seen a confirmation from any other source, but presuming the data I worked with (off the latest SI standings) and the playoff tiebreaker rules at nfl.com are both correct & current, I don't see how my analysis could be wrong:

    Either the Stealers or the Kitties are going to end up no better than 9-7 unless that tie occurs, & it's not hard to see that the Ravens hold the tiebreaker against either of them in that situation by just going down the list of tiebreakers (as I did in the post). And once that is settled (because the procedures mandate eliminating ties within a division first) it is quite clear that the Ravens losing out still have the edge on the Jests winning out--no head to head & fewer conference losses--& no one else can finish at 9-7 or better & not win their division (except for the Colts who will likely get the other WC). (In fact the Rexes' only shot at the playoffs is if Indy loses out & they win out to both finish at 9-7, as they beat the Hosses 35-9 in week 6 & would also have fewer AFC losses than Indy--important because should those 2 teams finish in a multiway tie with any of the AFCN candidates, there is no head to head because none of the latter played the Colts.)
    Last edited by lobachevsky; 12-10-2012 at 02:53 PM. Reason: further clarification




  8. #452
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,171

    Re: Coaching Change?

    Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    No specific evidence, but certainly, this is not Harbaugh's usual behavior. Seems like Front Office was upset and wanted a change, Harbaugh knew he had to do SOMETHING to jump start the offense and went along with it.
    Firing a coordinator midseason is NO ONE'S usual behavior. It's rare in the NFL period. But Harbs had no problem letting go of other coaches who he felt weren't pulling their weight in the past. I think Lob's theory about the timing is correct and that makes this move make sense for Harbaugh.

    We know he's a risk averse guy. Well, thanks to the Cincy and Pitt losses, we're practically mathematically assured the division. The risk of letting Cam go is outweighed by the potential benefits for the first time since the season started.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  9. #453
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    22,961

    Re: Coaching Change?

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Or it could have been the straw that broke the camel's back. Only a fool thinks Harbaugh is satisfied with this team's offensive performances. Not firing Cam sooner had a lot more to do with the risk of not being able to replace him with someone effective than it did with being content with his results. Harbs' seat is cool for at least 2 more seasons, especially considering that he's going to win the division for the second year in a row despite dealing with the worst rash of injuries since our disastrous 07 season.
    This.

    Looks like the anti-Harbs crowd is going to twist this one into their new cause celebre ...

    "It had to Bisciotti 'cause Harbs is too <insert pejorative here>"
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  10. #454

    Re: Coaching Change?

    Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Right. But like I said, the Ravens kept a tight lid on the whole thing until the official release came out this morning; yet now the Ravens organization is so leaky that we are getting specific details from Drew about how the decision was made? I just don't buy it.
    Drew is only good for fighting with Texas disc jockey's now that he works for the Sun. Earlier he was trying to 'throw water' on the story as has been said, his cred just took another hit being jumped by National Media.

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This.

    Looks like the anti-Harbs crowd is going to twist this one into their new cause celebre ...

    "It had to Bisciotti 'cause Harbs is too <insert pejorative here>"
    I am the Godzilla of that movement, but I don't believe I have enough insight into the castle walls to safely say that Steve made Harbaugh do it. I think it was genuinely Harbaugh and he saw that a good team is getting away from him.

    That being said, this junkyard dog is going to retire to the doghouse for a bit and hold off on tearing into his ass now that he seems to be doing a bit of Head Coaching, but I'll be waiting on gameday...




  11. #455
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Hamilton/Parkville, MD
    Posts
    2,073

    Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

    I don't think Harbaugh is on the hot seat, but his seat probably just got a little warmer, especially if there isn't much change in the offense now that Cam is gone.




  12. #456
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,170

    Re: Coaching Change?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    he must be because I have never seen harbaugh did that to any of his coaches during a game ever, he is so professional you wonder if the man has any emotions because of it, there was definitely something going on in the workings behind the scenes that put some pressure on Harbs for him to freak out on the sidelines like that. He may be on the hot seat.
    Or maybe he knew his friend (Cam) was on the hot seat and was lashing out due to his play calling. Maybe Harbs knew that something like that would get Cam fired. If sources are true that the possibility of Cam being fired for the past 3 weeks, maybe Harbs was lashing out at his friend for not doing anything to keep his job. He could have even went to Cam behind closed doors and informed him that if he didn't do better, he was a goner. With the play calling Cam chose, Harbs could have gotten pissed that Cam made no effort to keep his job.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland