Page 34 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3233343536 ... LastLast

Re: Coaching Change?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    WNST 12:50pm via Web

Drew: Source says #Harbaugh and several players were not happy with Cam's decision to end the 1st half with a knee in DC on Sunday.

This was right when the camera panned to Harbs and he was SCREAMING at Cam. The fact that we ended regulation on a similar note was probably the act that sealed the deal.
    Huh.

Then I guess I can stop wondering what Harbaugh's explanation was for that decision. It did seem strange, and I'm not normally one to second guess coaches on individual game-condition decisions...
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    In that posted ESPN segment with Jaws and Adam Schefter, Schefter said that there were rumors of Cameron being let go last week.
    +1 - I have never been a big fire Cam guy, although I understood the obvious sentiment, until last week. That was deplorable and not surprising that it started the ball rolling. Tnis week was probably the straw that broke the camel's back.

Blog Entries

Not sure of the reliability of the news.

But I am hearing that the team is playing for Harbaugh's job too.

Which could be why he didn't something he didn't want to do and fired a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Just wait till Cameron starts chirping. Oh boy....
    Cam will keep his mouth shut. He won't air any dirty laundry. Doing so would make him unemployable, like Fassel.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Huh.

Then I guess I can stop wondering what Harbaugh's explanation was for that decision. It did seem strange, and I'm not normally one to second guess coaches on individual game-condition decisions...
    We didn't really end the first half with a knee. But we did start a "drive" with a standard clock-killing run for 0 yards (i.e. we were not trying to get into FG range). Then again the drive started at the 13, so relative to the numerous other situations we have pretended to try or taken knees that one wasn't that egregious.

It also seems strange that Harbaugh couldn't, doesn't, didn't think necessary, to simply walk over to Cameron as they were punting and say "I want to try to get into FG range here, not get into the lockerroom." I can't imagine Harbaugh said such a thing and Cameron flat out ignored him, but I guess it is possible (considering how angry Harbs was).

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    FWIW, Jaws is very close with Flacco and his family. My guess is that a lot of what is being said there is coming, not just from Jaws opinion, but also what he's heard about the inner workings of the Cam/Flacco relationship.
    Just curious...how do you know about Jaws' personal relationship with Flacco? I always thought Jaws' Flacco-fluffing was a little over-the-top and wondered whether there was a relationship behind the scenes like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

Link? Source?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

It's reliable. The entire coaching staff could be gone(including Harbaugh) if things don't improve over these last 3 games.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post
    It's reliable. The entire coaching staff could be gone(including Harbaugh) if things don't improve over these last 3 games.
    Gimme a break.

Harbaugh is not getting fired after five playoff seasons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Link? Source?
    A friend in Baltimore who knows a guy who knows a guy.

I will say, the info my friend has gotten about our current info has been spot on.

Apparently, this move has been in the works for weeks. AND, it's also was a sticking point in the Flacco's negotiation.

Again, since I don't know the source, I am not vouching for it's validity.

Blog Entries

I don't believe that one bit.

Not saying you are wrong...and hopefully we don't find out (aka, the team wins out). But if true, this goes completely against Bisciotti's goal to build a Steeler-like organization, which changes head coaches about twice an ice-age. Of course, the Steelers aren't known for firing coordinators mid-season, so who knows?