Page 33 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 ... LastLast

Re: Coaching Change?

In that posted ESPN segment with Jaws and Adam Schefter, Schefter said that there were rumors of Cameron being let go last week.

This Is one of the happiest days of my life

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    They aren't horrible. Probably about league average. I'd say it has a shit ton more to do with the personnel than some offensive line coach.
    This. With Yanda out their best player is Oher, who is about replacement level. I'd say except for Osemele, no one else on the line would be starters on anything but the worst teams.

Fantastic news to come home from work to. Overdue, but it certainly creates an interesting dynamic for the rest of the season.

Penny for Joe's thoughts today.

Drew: Confirmed - #Bisciotti WAS in the building this morning at Owings Mills. Left about 11:30 am.

‏@WNST
    Drew: Source tells me discussions about possible decision on Cam was in the works for three weeks. #Ravens

So from the Steelers game at the Ketchup Bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    Penny for Joe's thoughts today.
    Just wait till Cameron starts chirping. Oh boy....

WNST 12:50pm via Web

Drew: Source says #Harbaugh and several players were not happy with Cam's decision to end the 1st half with a knee in DC on Sunday.

This was right when the camera panned to Harbs and he was SCREAMING at Cam. The fact that we ended regulation on a similar note was probably the act that sealed the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Drew: Source says #Harbaugh and several players were not happy with Cam's decision to end the 1st half with a knee in DC on Sunday.

This was right when the camera panned to Harbs and he was SCREAMING at Cam. The fact that we ended regulation on a similar note was probably the act that sealed the deal.
    But wait this doesn't play into the "Conservative Harbaugh" narrative. :D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

At some point this falls on Harbaugh too.

I'm not complaining Cam is gone, I've been bitching about the for two years. But if it takes you to fire someone instead of telling them what you want, it's your fault too, if only a little.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider
    Hearing the decision to fire Cam Cameron was made last night at roughly 7 p.m., then carried out this morning.

WNST running that it was started by Bisciotti.

Jason Cole also had an article on yahoo, but doesn't have much we didn't know.
    Last edited by Tyrian; 12-10-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    I agree with what is said in the second half of this ESPN video from today about Cam firing.

I know some people do not like Jaworski but I do think he has good insights. He mentions Cam's offense was not creative enough (too predictable) to take advantage of what we have here. I agree.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732341/baltimore-ravens-fire-cam-cameron-tab-jim-caldwell
    FWIW, Jaws is very close with Flacco and his family. My guess is that a lot of what is being said there is coming, not just from Jaws opinion, but also what he's heard about the inner workings of the Cam/Flacco relationship.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 12-10-2012 at 03:08 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    But wait this doesn't play into the "Conservative Harbaugh" narrative. :D
    No, but it does play into the "Reactionary/Panicky Harbaugh" narrative.

My question: What the hell took you so long and why now? If those 2 plays were a fire-able offense, then what the hell was Jacksonville?

Quote Originally Posted by CodyPKA View Post
    This Is one of the happiest days of my life
    Oh man, you and me both!! Wooohooo!!!!!!!!

Yes Virginia, there IS a Santa Claus!!!

I got the news from someone at work... and my initial reaction was that they were fucking with me, knowing how much I hated Cam.