Page 32 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3031323334 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Coaching Change?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    That thing may have been blown up this morning.

I posted last night that Harbs could have had another MUTINY coming. It may have started last night. Players were PISSED OFF. More so than I have seen before.

I think that this was higher up than Harbs.

Just my thought on it.
    I'm hearing the story about pads, is total BS.

It may have started with pads but the players were PISSED about the offensive play calling and that's what the near mutiny was about.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Which, if true, for a franchise QB in his fifth year, is borderline incompetent. And yes, I am not only looking at Cameron, but Harbaugh and Newsome, too.

I am not claiming Joe will be able to handle it, he may not, but this decision is a day late, dollar short, imo. We are still screwed under the cap next season with very little info on how the franchise QB does under another's system.
    Agreed, Cam aside, I always said that if Joe could do it, and didn't because Cam "wouldn't let him" that's not a sign of a leader, and if he just can't do it, then that's not being a leader either. Joe owns a big part of this, and now he can't hise behind Cam's playbook.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    And pack a bag for Moeller too...
    Just curious, what exactly is it that Moeller does that you don't like? Or is it because he's friends with Harbaugh and has a DUI?
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    Just curious, what exactly is it that Moeller does that you don't like? Or is it because he's friends with Harbaugh and has a DUI?
    Neither, I think he coaches a lousy line and shares some of the blame for trying to make Oher into an LT that he is clearly NOT!

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

Quote Originally Posted by CptJesus View Post
    This whole board right now:

best. GIF. EVER.

Blog Entries

I'd start with the horrible o-line play.

I agree with what is said in the second half of this ESPN video from today about Cam firing.

I know some people do not like Jaworski but I do think he has good insights. He mentions Cam's offense was not creative enough (too predictable) to take advantage of what we have here. I agree.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732341/baltimore-ravens-fire-cam-cameron-tab-jim-caldwell

The oline and individuals have really not progressed under Moeller. There are consistently missed assignments and false starts which are a coaching are coaching issues. Granted the style of offense that Cam ran was very very hard on the Oline. It was basically I formation on runs which guaranteed congested middle of the field and long developing pass plays.

Re: Coaching Change -- Cam Cameron has been Fired

Quote Originally Posted by RavensDomination View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Against teams with a good pass rush we would struggle because our offensive play calling would not adjust. I am not saying that was the only reason, but it played a large part. Like I mentioned before, no WR screens, no slants, no delays, hardly anything that 95% of other teams do in those situations.
    We did for a little bit in Oakland, in the first quarter... quick fire routes.... and like everything else Cam did - not again, in San Diego I saw Torrey run a crossing pattern... don't recall it being run before or since... where is the skinny post that we used in Joe's rookie year?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Maybe, but like I said earlier, it was kind've the obvious move...

Out of Pees, Cameron, Rosburg, who has been most UNDER FIRE?

Out of options on offense, who else would make sense? The only guys who seem to have any pull are Hostler (former OC), Caldwell (Many of us, or at least me, pimped that hiring as insurance for Cameron not doing well), maybe Montgomery?
    A lot of us speculated that Caldwell was a contingency plan from the get go.

Looks like we were right.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigBob View Post
    I agree with what is said in the second half of this ESPN video from today about Cam firing.

I know some people do not like Jaworski but I do think he has good insights. He mentions Cam's offense was not creative enough (too predictable) to take advantage of what we have here. I agree.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8732341/baltimore-ravens-fire-cam-cameron-tab-jim-caldwell
    thanks for posting. Good overview and I like what Jaws said about Wil Montgomery.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I'd start with the horrible o-line play.
    They aren't horrible. Probably about league average. I'd say it has a shit ton more to do with the personnel than some offensive line coach.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66